ARSENAL.com gunners greatest players

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mrbigmike

ARSENAL.com gunners greatest players

Post by mrbigmike »

Kenny sansom at 36???

This is an insult.......

thegrovegooner

Post by thegrovegooner »

these charts are always very debateable. but just think of it as the top 100 playes in no particular order. thats how i quench the rage at not seeing my favs in the top spot.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

It is based on votes. So is gonna be weighted in favour of players from George Graham era onwards. How many people who followed earlier teams are realistically gonna be online and vote in it? Not many.

fridge

Post by fridge »

Top 10 will be interesting?

Mr personal top 3 would be

1st Tony Adams
2nd Thierry Henry
3rd Ian Wright

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

No Cashley yet, i think he's going to get to the top 25 players.. :banghead:

fridge

Post by fridge »

Cashley infront of Kenny Sansom, Now that is a insult!!!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

fridge wrote:Top 10 will be interesting?

1st Tony Adams
2nd Thierry Henry
3rd Ian Wright

If Dennis Berkamp is not in the top 2 i will walk naked down tottenham high road with a Sperz flag stuck up my arse.Only TH14 can beat him to the number one spot :banghead: :banghead:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

donaldo wrote:
fridge wrote:Top 10 will be interesting?

1st Tony Adams
2nd Thierry Henry
3rd Ian Wright

If Dennis Berkamp is not in the top 2 i will walk naked down tottenham high road with a Sperz flag stuck up my arse.Only TH14 can beat him to the number one spot :banghead: :banghead:
THAT IS A VERY DANGEROUS THING TO SAY. WE WILL HOLD YOU TO IT :owned:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

SYLVAIN FUCKIN WILTORD AT NUMBER 33!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! AHEAD OF SANSOM, NELSON, GRAHAM ETC ETC WHO THE FUCK IS VOTING IN THIS? I KNOW HE SCORED THE GOAL WHICH WON US THE LEAGUE AT O.T. BUT DOES THAT MAKE HIM A "GREAT" PLAYER? I THINK NOT, WAS GLAD TO SEE HIM GO AS IT HAPPENS..................

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Unbelivable- i think i should start walking down Tottenham High road now with the flag stuck up my arse. Yes some Arsenal fans think Wiltord is better than Alex James.What an insult. Eboue to be in the top 10?

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

DO SOME ARSENAL FANS REALLY THINK THAT?? THERE CANT BE SURELY??? WILTORD WOULDNT BE IN MY TOP 200 PLAYERS!!! SERIOUSLY THOUGH IS THIS BEING VOTED FOR BY FANS? ITS A FUCKIN DISGRACE. CAESAR, URE AND COLIN PATES IN THE TOP 3 ANYONE???

Kevinho

Post by Kevinho »

Who voted for this and whenabouts?

mrbigmike

Post by mrbigmike »

WOW...

I would not even put Wiltord in my top 100.

When i saw him on the list of 75, i thought there is no way he's making the cut of 50.

and know im being told he's a greater gooner then, George Graham, Michael Thomas, George Armstong, Bob Wilson, and KENNY SANSOM, the most capped player ever for ARSENAL.

Bollock.

mrbigmike

Post by mrbigmike »

Kevinho wrote:Who voted for this and whenabouts?

Just after the season ended Arsenal.com posted 75 players wanting people to vote for thier top 10, and then those with the most votes make the top 50.

REB

Post by REB »

load of shite,, people will vote for the more recent players as they are the people who use computers more :banghead: :roll:
top ten will be all wenger players bar liam brady and frank mclintock id bet :oops: