Platini with another "brilliant" comment

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DanielD

Platini with another "brilliant" comment

Post by DanielD »

Although it's on the Ronaldo to Madrid saga, I think we can all rely to that subject, in which teams especially in Spain and Italy, trying to get players in illegal ways. You would think UEFA president, Platini, would denounce these sort of actions, but I guess he's just a puppet of the clubs mentioned above:

"It's part of the system we have today. Players move from club to club and I can understand why Real Madrid want him.

"They had di Stefano and Puskas in the past, and as Ronaldo is considered one of the best or the best player in the world it's normal.

"If the club has the finances they can do it so, if they don't have the money they can't."

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

He gets paid to say crap like this :shock:

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

The man is a cee you en tee, I think it's pretty safe to say that he would not have been so blase about this had it been a Premiership club poaching the so called best player in the world from a continental giant by offerin him 2 or 3 hundred grand a week, it's so obvious he hates the Prem!

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Post by charliegeorgewhocanhitem »

I used to love Platini as a player, fantastic to watch in a fantastic to watch French team but have lost all repsect for him now, the guy's a total prick who obviously has a massive chip on his shoulder about the English premiership and English clubs in general :banghead:

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

Belfast Boy wrote:The man is a cee you en tee, I think it's pretty safe to say that he would not have been so blase about this had it been a Premiership club poaching the so called best player in the world from a continental giant by offerin him 2 or 3 hundred grand a week, it's so obvious he hates the Prem!
*word censored*!!!!!!

jus say it it gets *******ed out anyway :cussing:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What is it about these guys in the top positions at Fifa and UEFA.

It must require such expertise to come up with these little gems as well as having ideas like widening the goals, having a ref in each half, letting FA Cup winners into the Champions League

Next time there's a job going I think I might send the old CV off !!

26may1989

Post by 26may1989 »

Don't get me wrong, FIFA's failure to punish Real Madrid's blatant attempts at getting Ronaldo to demand a move is shit (as is FIFA's failure to deal with previous misbehaviour by, amongst others, Man U). And as UEFA President, Platini should be leading the charge on this, so his failure to criticise Real is certainly disappointing.

But have another read of what Platini actually said, he didn't say anything to condone the way Real have conducted themselves. It's only about the fact that Real have always wanted to sign the world's best players, which isn't exactly controversial. Especially bearing in mind that enforcement of the rules around international tapping-up is not a matter for the organisation Platini heads, it's a matter for FIFA.

thegrovegooner

Post by thegrovegooner »

26may1989 wrote:Don't get me wrong, FIFA's failure to punish Real Madrid's blatant attempts at getting Ronaldo to demand a move is shit (as is FIFA's failure to deal with previous misbehaviour by, amongst others, Man U). And as UEFA President, Platini should be leading the charge on this, so his failure to criticise Real is certainly disappointing.

But have another read of what Platini actually said, he didn't say anything to condone the way Real have conducted themselves. It's only about the fact that Real have always wanted to sign the world's best players, which isn't exactly controversial. Especially bearing in mind that enforcement of the rules around international tapping-up is not a matter for the organisation Platini heads, it's a matter for FIFA.
i agree with you actually. but i would like to take this moment to mention what a anglophobic froggy turd platini is. he is determind to bring down the premiership (this is so thw wealth can be shared around europe and therefore limiting its power th EPL has.)

:DEEP BREATH: ahhh that feels better.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Beware of all words that end ini.

Flamini - money grabbing mercenary.
Platini - Bitter twisted idiot.

There is one glorious exception to this rule though -

Bikini!!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:Beware of all words that end ini.

Flamini - money grabbing mercenary.
Platini - Bitter twisted idiot.

There is one glorious exception to this rule though -

Bikini!!!!

I've had her! 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Anyone remember the bit in "The Office" where Tim kept calling out to Gareth; "You're a cock! You're a cock!"?? 8)

I'd love to meet Blatter's pet french poodle just to say that to the fuckwit... :wink: 8)

augie

Post by augie »

The fact that platini didnt condone this is not the point - he should have come out strongly and condemned it but bottled it. Often I feel as fans we get a bit paranoid but there is zero doubt that this *word censored* hates the premiership and the monopoly it is having on the champs league. To a point I can understand it as it is all about money and it is hoarding many of the best players in the world but is it any different than when he was a player playing in italy and all the best players went there ? It shouldnt detract from the fact that these big european clubs are illegally tapping up players and it is the duty of him and his shitty organisation to police that and take action :evil:

26may1989

Post by 26may1989 »

augie wrote:The fact that platini didnt condone this is not the point - he should have come out strongly and condemned it but bottled it.
Which is what I said. If Platini felt the need to say anything, he should have criticised Real.
augie wrote:It shouldnt detract from the fact that these big european clubs are illegally tapping up players and it is the duty of him and his shitty organisation to police that and take action :evil:
I agree, except that policing these rules is up to Blatter and FIFA, not Platini and UEFA.

augie

Post by augie »

26may1989 wrote:
augie wrote:The fact that platini didnt condone this is not the point - he should have come out strongly and condemned it but bottled it.
Which is what I said. If Platini felt the need to say anything, he should have criticised Real.
augie wrote:It shouldnt detract from the fact that these big european clubs are illegally tapping up players and it is the duty of him and his shitty organisation to police that and take action :evil:
I agree, except that policing these rules is up to Blatter and FIFA, not Platini and UEFA.

In europe it is up to uefa in the same way that it is up to the fa in england. If a club doesnt get satisfaction there then they can take it up with platini's buddy blatter but it has to go to uefa first

rtpgooner

domenech

Post by rtpgooner »

how does platini work this one out? keeping domenech? he is a complete idiot. 1. picks the wrong full backs. sagnol,abidal (sagna & clichy). He even picked clerc as 2nd choice right back over sagna. Does he not realise/watch take in peoples opinion pfa team! 2. Every game at some point in which they needed to score (romania0-0,holland 4-1,italy 2-0) he always picked 2 holding midfielders in makelele and toulalan. rarely changed it. 3. Doesnt even take mexes. 4. keeps vieira at tournament at 50% and as much as i hate to say it, why noyt flamoney? How is he still manager of france? Finally if he had not of taken nasri to play 12 minutes or whatever it was maybe we would have another sigining by now!

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=759036