ADEBAYOR - THE ONE AND ONLY OFFICIAL THREAD!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Post by augie »

Whatever else we agree or disagree on magic please dont hold up Arsenal's medical staff as an example of good workmanship :roll:
Hold long was rosicky out before they reckoned he needed an op ? :oops:
Do I even need to mention rvp ? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Where were our medical staff when rosicky did his medical prior to joining us then ? His "problems" have not just surfaced since he joined us thats for sure.

Can we just clarify something so that I can see if I am right in my understanding of transfers ? Am I right in assuming that the 1st thing that gets done (when all is above board at least) is that the 2 clubs negotiate before agreeing a transfer fee ? After that the buying club negotiates signing on fee, wages, image rights etc with the player ? And if I am right the very last thing done is the medical ? Again correct me if I'm wrong but I have never heard of henry's deal being renegotiated cos of a problem with the medical so that tells me is that we allowed henry to leave for £16m when we could and should have gotten so much more :( The fact that henry's injuries have showed up strongly last season making the price look acceptable now doesnt, in my mind anyway, detract from the fact that £16m was too cheap and nothing will change my position on that - sorry its just my stubborn nature :oops: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

augie, dear augie.. :D

Henry's sciatica is a medical fact.

As I have said, in response to your step-by-step analysis, I don't know if we could have got more for a player approaching 30 who hadn't played for half a season, with a proven chronic medical conidtion (which given the type of player he is) is very serious and wanted to leave. I would like to know augie if you can show me that this is bad value compared to other like-for-like transfers?

And the medical was done at the end of the process - it was at this point that the president of Barcelona was advised that they should not even be paying £16m and a fairer figure would be £11m. but the president went ahead anyway because Henry was the star prize.

Maybe we could have got more, I don't know and you don't, its just the figure of 30m the season before would have been ludicrous (although welcome :barscarf: ) for someone in Henry's medical condition.

I'm not syaing Henry is finished - but he is finished as the pacy 40 game a season player that we knew and loved - and what made him attractive to Barcelona in the first place

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Whatever else we agree or disagree on magic please dont hold up Arsenal's medical staff as an example of good workmanship Rolling Eyes
Hold long was rosicky out before they reckoned he needed an op ? Embarassed
Do I even need to mention rvp ?
the ones that saved Eduardo's career? The one's trusted by Man U to try and prolong Keane's career? The one England calls upon?

Mozart's injury seems to be one of those baffling ones, nobody seemed to know exactly what was wrong.

RVP? Wasn't he the man who Arsene rushed back and got horribly injured due to Arsene's folly?
Where were our medical staff when rosicky did his medical prior to joining us then ? His "problems" have not just surfaced since he joined us thats for sure.
his being injury prone? Yes everyone should have known that and Arsene probably decided on a calculated gamble
Can we just clarify something so that I can see if I am right in my understanding of transfers ? Am I right in assuming that the 1st thing that gets done (when all is above board at least) is that the 2 clubs negotiate before agreeing a transfer fee ? After that the buying club negotiates signing on fee, wages, image rights etc with the player ? And if I am right the very last thing done is the medical ? Again correct me if I'm wrong but I have never heard of henry's deal being renegotiated cos of a problem with the medical so that tells me is that we allowed henry to leave for £16m when we could and should have gotten so much more
pretty much though once a medical happens, the transfer can get canceled or the transfer renegioated

I'm not sure Barca would have gladly paid a lot more for a player that was past his peak, had suffered clear injury problems the year before and even if they were foolish to play 16 million for that amount of injury, I doubt they would at 20 or 30 mill. We were pushing our luck as it was to palm off someone wishing to leave and with such a chronic injury
The fact that henry's injuries have showed up strongly last season making the price look acceptable now doesnt, in my mind anyway, detract from the fact that £16m was too cheap and nothing will change my position on that - sorry its just my stubborn nature
nothing to do with the board being evil incarnate? :-P

gooner_4_Life 1991

Post by gooner_4_Life 1991 »

according to his agent arsenal have halved the fee to £18m

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Christ I'd hate to have Arsenal batting for me if I was falsely imprisoned on death row! Firstly we played hard ball - Ade not for sale at ANY price. Then suddenly Ade for sale for 32 million take it or leave it. Now we capitulate completely and will flog him for around 18 million! Bringing me back nicely to me on death row. So Arsenal you know I'm innocent did you move heaven and earth to get me off? Am...we did our best for you at the outset but crumbled at the first sign of trouble. You fry in the morning! We did make sure they soak the sponge for you though. Gee thanks.

thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

rodders999 wrote:Christ I'd hate to have Arsenal batting for me if I was falsely imprisoned on death row! Firstly we played hard ball - Ade not for sale at ANY price. Then suddenly Ade for sale for 32 million take it or leave it. Now we capitulate completely and will flog him for around 18 million! Bringing me back nicely to me on death row. So Arsenal you know I'm innocent did you move heaven and earth to get me off? Am...we did our best for you at the outset but crumbled at the first sign of trouble. You fry in the morning! We did make sure they soak the sponge for you though. Gee thanks.
Genius!! :lol:

Drone

Post by Drone »

NO NO NO NO, IT WAS NOT 32 IT WAS 45 AND NOW IS 22.5 OR HE MAY BE SOLD FOR THE HALVE OF THE HALVE 11.25. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
THAN WE BAY ARSHAVIN. WHICH I DONT LIKE AT ALL. OR WE MAY BUY A YOUNGSTER TO DEVELOP AND THAN SELL HIM AFTER 2 OR THREE YEARS TO PAY OUR DEPT.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Todays latest rumour in The Telegraph!

It says £24 million now!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... fro113.xml

:banghead:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Would be good~!! Then get Villa/KJH/Santa, eh!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

KAQAK wrote:NO NO NO NO, IT WAS NOT 32 IT WAS 45 AND NOW IS 22.5
It's British Pounds over here fella, not Euro's....

AC Milan & Ade's agent talk in Euro's..so they say that Arsenal originally wanted 45m Euro's....

However, the English press talk in £'s, and 45m Euro's converts nicely to £36m...which, again, is what the press said was the fee Arsenal were originally looking for.

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:

AC Milan & Ade's agent talk in Euro's..so they say that Arsenal originally wanted 45m Euro's....

However, the English press talk in £'s, and 45m Euro's converts nicely to £36m...which, again, is what the press said was the fee Arsenal were originally looking for.

Me personally I dont give a fcuk whether we are talking pounds or euros cos half is fcuking half no matter which :roll: :banghead: :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Me personally I dont give a fcuk whether we are talking pounds or euros cos half is fcuking half no matter which :roll: :banghead: :banghead:
Yeah...its good to know that Arsenal are letting Milan & Ade know whose boss, isn't it :roll: :banghead:

RaM

Post by RaM »

Soon we'll be offering Adebayor + 10 million in cash....take it or leave it... :roll:

ko king

Post by ko king »

all the teams whp want him now know that we dont want him anymore!!!!

he will end up going for about 14mill :shock: :shock: :shock:

and thats shit bizz if you ask me :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

RaM wrote:Soon we'll be offering Adebayor + 10 million in cash....take it or leave it... :roll:
well, we wouldn't want to be guilty of modern day slavery would we? :roll: