Quotes from Oirish TV coverage of Euro 2008...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Quotes from Oirish TV coverage of Euro 2008...

Post by DB10GOONER »

I can't claim to have put this together, it's an email doing the rounds in Dublin, but it is actual stuff said during RTE’s (Irish TV channel – like BBC in that we pay a TV license for the shit they show!) coverage of Euro 2008.

For our English, Welsh, Scots, Aussie etc etc buddies the cast of characters is;

Bill O’Herlihy is RTE’s version of Linaker. Jimmy Magee is a “commentatorâ€

REB

Post by REB »

poor old jimmy magee should be put out to pasture :lol:

must admit db10, i watched the build up on rte but would then switch over to the bbc for the commentary,, when itv had the game i would just leave on rte

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

classic! they do come across a bit crazy but I watch their analysis of the games all the time because they don't hold anything back

another classic was when the footage of the Germany-Turkey game when down due to storms Bill kept on saying that this has happened all over Europe and that no one has it. Dumphy turns round and says Bill you'd think you didn't want them to turn over to BBC i nearly fell of my chair hearing it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RaM

Post by RaM »

Lol....not quite as good as the aussie commentators for the F.A Cup final though. :roll:

C1: "And there's movement on the Cardiff bench....yes....I think that's Robbie Fowler about to come on."

C2:"....."

Me: "What!?!?!"

C2: "No I don't think that's Robbie Fowler, [Camera shot shifts to one of Fowler in the stands], in fact, there he is there, watching the match from the stands. "

:lol: I've paraphrased slightly of course.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Very funny.

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

I was over in america and ESPN had a guy called tommie smith who was ten times worse than the RTE lads but i suppose the americans thought he was great..

i had to laugh when they gave Brady a round of applause, he was embarrased big time and just sat there drinking water :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Plus Apres Match was the dogs bollox again. Those guys are hillarious. By the way why did you write Irish as Oirish as if you were Ross O Carroll Kelly???

REB

Post by REB »

rodders999 wrote:Plus Apres Match was the dogs bollox again. Those guys are hillarious. By the way why did you write Irish as Oirish as if you were Ross O Carroll Kelly???
they all speak like that in dublin :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Oh roish. Rubbing shoulders with Dricko, Darce and all the other egg chasers from D4.

Sure don't they know all the REAL rugby players come from Munster!!

REB

Post by REB »

:lol: :lol:
should have said except db10,, he sounds more like bredan o carroll :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:By the way why did you write Irish as Oirish as if you were Ross O Carroll Kelly???
No no no. "Oirish" started on here as a play on the stage Irish accent. You know that "Ah Beegorrah, top o' da morning to ya!" shite? So it's just a piss take.

I'm Northside Dublin, so I'm not too fond of the homo-erotic towel flickers (rugby heads) from D4 and their southside bum chums... :awnker: :evil: :wink:

As we say in Dublin; the lads that can't play football play Gaelic, the lads that can't play Gaelic play tennis and the lads that can't play tennis play rugby... :wink: :wink: :wink: