I am a Roman Catholic

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Number 5

I am a Roman Catholic

Post by Number 5 »

Couldn't add my view to the locked thread.

I believe in Jesus Christ and Our Lord. I recognise I am a sinner but this does not stop me from trying to improve myself. Neither do I get upset when others mock my faith. I've seen Monty Python Life of Brian and thought it was hilarious. I've questioned my priest with valid questions regarding what I believe and I have come to some thoughts. If evil exists so must good. If people don't follow my faith they are no better or worse than me. People will mock me and I do not need help to defend myself.

This forum is heading down a wrong path. Choosing which threads to keep and which to lock on the basis of firstly need and repetitiveness was one but we've moved on again to offensiveness. Hell how many time have drunkenness, nationality, smartness been slagged off on here? Too many I can think of, but when a politically correct topic comes up it's jumped upon like a hot potato. Tony Saunders you should consider politics as a future career move, you fudge in and out as often as Tony Blair when it suited him. Make a stand for one thing. And stick to it. Even if it changes slightly from race to race.

This place is a complete joke. Jews are off the menu but women are fair game? What are they a lower species? Fucking hell guys all your mothers are women aren't they? Except the heathen’s and the Jews I guess?

Fuck this. I'm out of here. I hope never to meet any of you at all.

Can any mod delete my account cos I really truley(Un-smoothy) won't be back?

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

HUH?? :?:

.Block5Gooner.

Post by .Block5Gooner. »

Gusher lay off the herb :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I actually think this is a decent forum... I do however agree that the Jewish thread didn't need locking...despite some of the tripe that was being written by 1 or 2...I thought it was heartwarming to read so many people giving their opinions, and condemning the behaviour of the minority. Who knows...maybe it'll even make 1 or 2 a little more conscious of what they say in public, and how it might offend other people. Probably not...but you never know.

Number 5...I hope you stick around fella, because I think you're a good poster, with a good depth of knowledge of all things Arsenal...and it would be a shame to see you go..but, of course, that's your decision.

RaM

Post by RaM »

Ummm....necessary???

Relevence of this thread?

:?

g88ner

Re: I am a Roman Catholic

Post by g88ner »

Number 5 wrote:This place is a complete joke. Jews are off the menu but women are fair game? What are they a lower species? Fucking hell guys all your mothers are women aren't they? Except the heathen’s and the Jews I guess?
Just read your post again.... :shock:

How can you compare a random tit thread to snide remarks about the holocaust?? :?

I assume you're pissed...as you've completely missed the point as to why the the other thread caused such a stir, and therefore, your post is both off topic and random :roll:

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

.Block5Gooner. wrote:Gusher lay off the herb :lol:

Spose I do need too :barscarf: :barscarf: :shock:

REB

Post by REB »

i do believe that no post should be locked down as it is a forum and forums are there for all to discuss,,good or bad people have there opinions, number5 i hope you dont go ,, but if you do then good luck and thanks

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Yeah would be a real shame if you did disappear Number 5 as you do comment well and have enjoyed reading your stuff!

I have had plenty of bad nights on here and thought about sodding off so I know where you are coming from but the pros here far outway the cons.

Don't let one "rogue" topic drive you away!
Last edited by gus ceasar is a legend on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Wow....one night off and the forum goes mad.
Number 5, I agree with Gus. It would be a shame if you left. You've made some really good points on here and your views have always been welcome.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Sad to see you go mate but it's your choice. :cry: :shock: BTW, what is this locked thread??

RaM

Post by RaM »

It's the thread 'Spurs are gay, it's official'...

I can't believe I missed all the fireworks!

:lol:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Oh shit, I posted in that.. :shock: :cry: :evil: Sorry mate.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

RaM wrote:It's the thread 'Spurs are gay, it's official'...

I can't believe I missed all the fireworks!

:lol:
Sometimes its good to have missed these things RaM, glad i had a night off :)

Come back number 5 agree with posts above

RaM

Post by RaM »

Yeah I suppose you're right flash. :lol: