Can you hear the Arsenal sing

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Tormey_no10

Can you hear the Arsenal sing

Post by Tormey_no10 »

This unfortunately not a new issue. 2 seasons ago in the Upper North Bank against Man City I was threatened by a "fellow fan" for singing too loudly. He complained about me to a steward who asked me to quieten down despite the fact that I had neither made any sexist/racist comments or even used foul language. I was rescued from this prat by an elderly couple who said I could sit with them and sing my heart out. I had brought a rugby mate who was amazed at this idiots behaviour made more bizarre by the fact we were both gooners.

This malaise has spread right throughout the ground, hasn't got any better in the Emirates either, in a number of sections I feel like a cross between the solo singer and a leper. I'm a silver registration card holder. there are many reasons for it, in no particular order

We've no decent anthem and no home end as such, we've been spoilt on success and champagne football so we only sing when we're winning. The club and transport issues give the early leavers every excuse to leave. We should survey them to find out why the hell they do this. Arsenal is now a very expensive day out which is putting a lot of people off despite the sold out crowds, it's a different armchair type sky sports fan happy with sterile stadiums and bland commentary.

It needs radical action from the club, we need to get an anthem and plant large pockets of supporters in each section until it catches on.