A new signing??

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gunner67

A new signing??

Post by gunner67 »

Kilmarnock striker Stephen Naismith is joining the team to train with a view to signing for the club.

Straight to the reserves then???

Von Smalls

Post by Von Smalls »

How good is he then. No disrespect but the SPL is hardly top quality football like the prem.

gunner67

Post by gunner67 »

well he put one past Rangers today, so who knows. Do we need another striker tho?

Reo-Coker gossip is interesting tho!

NORTHBANKGUNNER

Post by NORTHBANKGUNNER »

What we need is a Shearer / Supermac type who say's "**** classy goals, just bang it in!". But who?

legend10

Post by legend10 »

oh its gonna be a long hard season which i am not looking forward to.

henry is nowhere near fit , how many times was he knocked off the ball so easily at city.

1 good thing is that walcott looks superb and not afraid to have a go

my prediction this season 4th(at best) knocked out of champs league early and fa cup

as for carling cup whos gonna play in that we have 4 out on loan and 1 sold who would have played

also we have 2 players that dont want to be hear

i hope arsenal prove me wrong

Robsy

What we need...

Post by Robsy »

Arsene's shopping list:

1x central midfielder (experienced only)
1x centre forward (must not be afraid to shoot)
1x left back?
1x paint for outside of new home

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Von Smalls wrote:How good is he then. No disrespect but the SPL is hardly top quality football like the prem.
You can't just write players off because of where they play now. Both George Graham and Arsene Wenger have brought players in lesser clubs/divisions/league who have grown at Arsenal to become amongst the best in the world.

Robsy

Nowt, nothing, no-one...yet

Post by Robsy »

It's midday and there isn't a sniff of a signing.

I'm getting worried. If Tevez & Mascherano really do end up moving to east London then it starts to become a proper concern. Why the feck they'd want to go east I don't know.

Reyes needs to go, but someone MUST come in to replace him. We need a midfielder.

Cole should now probably stay, although it's gonna be a bit wierd having the little tw*t run out after all he's said through the papers. We just haven't got time to find anyone else and Hoyte unfortunately looks too lightweight.

I don't hold too much hope if AW waits until January to do his business like he normally does. By then I think that the title-chase will be as good as dead and we will be lucky if we're top 5.

It's gonna be a long hard season and potentially with nowt to show at the end.

Then again...COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Robsy

It's official: Chelski have bought English football

Post by Robsy »

Bollocks!

"West Ham United are delighted to announce the double signing of Argentinian World Cup stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano from Brazilian club Corinthians.

The pair have been signed for an undisclosed fee and put pen to paper on permanent contracts with the Club this afternoon. All other aspects of the transfers will remain confidential and undisclosed."

What a joke! Stinks of Chelski!

Pardew seems to have thrown his distain for clubs who sign expensive foreigners out the window on this one.

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

It seems that I'm gibbering to myself in the net wilderness, but at least no one is disagreeing!

Anyway...WELL DONE ARSENAL!

After all my worries about signings, we end up getting rid of two wantaways and replacing them with two world class diamonds!

Then we pull off the deal of the century and actually flog Cygan for around £2m!!!!

Gallas is pure class and 'The Beast' is young, strong, fast and exactly the type we need in midfield.

Although the squad feels small (and young!) We have quality and - hopefully now - everyone focused on the job. Give it a few weeks and hopefully we'll be firing.

:P

BRING ON BORO

Von Smalls

Post by Von Smalls »

Very good news for us on the signings. I'm glad to see something positive for a change.

We have the better of the deal between us and chelsea, cole gets injured alot and will cause chelsea the same problems if chelsea don't give cashly what he wants when they come to extend his contract.

As for west ham two great signings but can't see them there at the end of next seasen. The two players have just been sold so the people that own them can get two transfer fees by selling to a small english club and then onto a big english club, for more money.