Sing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ on Sunday! (4/5)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Sing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ on Sunday! (4/5)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter... great idea. hope it takes off. now if the club cheekily played it over the PA as the teams were in the tunnel! by the way, notice how moaninho kept the chavski players in the dressing room during YNWA before the game on tuesday evening? so much for facing the fear eh? he knew damn well it would intimidate them.

The Ginge

Post by The Ginge »

NO, no, no, no, nooooooo

What a terrible, terrible idea.

Why the hell would any of us want to sing another teams anthem?
Why would any of us want to chant another teams name.

I can't stand YNWA, it drives me insane when I have to hear it and there certainly isn't any situation that would make me sing it.

Why not chant our own chants, sing about our own history?
Sure lets laugh at Chelsea for failing Tuesday night...but sing another teams anthem...MY GOD NO.

Someone mentioned the other day about getting the whole stadium to chant LIV-ER-POOL.
WHY????

We are Arsenal.

th14hatesthescum

Post by th14hatesthescum »

This idea shows just how clueless some Gooners are these days. This is not OUR anthem. WE are not in the champions league final. WE did not beat Chelsea (and haven't for some time). We are a big club, with our own successes to sing about, why the hell do we need to ride on the back of another rival teams success? Now I dont like Chelsea, but when I was at school you couldn't get away from the London Scousers (and there's still too many of them for my liking). For that reason I still hate Liverpool despite what Man Utd and Chelsea have done since the 90s, and hope that Milan thump the Sousers in a few weeks time. It is a Liverpool song, and if we are broadcast on Sky or BBC singing it we will become a laughing stock. Wake up.

Dr Headgear

Post by Dr Headgear »

Please God no. This idea is utterly embarrassing. Anyone trying to start this should be ejected from the ground immediately.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

I was thinking that on Sunday the Arsenal could walk out to the great song/chant and all round tearjerker 'oh ashley cole, is a f###ing arsehole' Now that's got a ring to it. :lol: :lol:

Arsenal Analysis

Post by Arsenal Analysis »

We should leave Ashley alone. He decided to leave and that is his orerogative. And he served the club well when he was there.

In fact we should thank him as his leaving ushered in Clichy who is much better than Ashley at this stage ofhis career!

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

as a one-off p*sstake i think it would be hilarious. but if people aren't in agreement, then it simply isn't going to happen. oh well, funny idea.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Arsenal Analysis wrote:We should leave Ashley alone. He decided to leave and that is his orerogative. And he served the club well when he was there.

In fact we should thank him as his leaving ushered in Clichy who is much better than Ashley at this stage ofhis career!
HMMMMMM....o.k :roll:

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

how about NO!!!!

altho to tell the truth i thought of it for 5 minutes, lol.

shit team, with no history....and so on

or

when therussian gose to jail ull be fu*ked, when the russian gose to jail ull b fucked....and so on.

or

up ypur arse up your arse, stick your samsung up your arse, from vadofone to t-mobile, stick your samsung up your arse

try and get emm goin in the rocket :D :lol: :D

Gooner_mojo

Post by Gooner_mojo »

What a stupid idea, there's no way we can sing the scousers anthem! It would be a complete embarassment.

Lets just taunt Chelski and Cashley. (with our own songs of course)

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Well I for one will join in if someone starts it off! Celtic are quite happy to sing it and do a much better job of it than the scousers, and to be honest its only in recent years that its seen as unique to Liverpool. It used to be regularly sung at Arsenal. The only difference was that the scousers sang all the way through whereas we descended into clapping after the first chorus. It'll certainly get under the skin of the chavs more than "stand up if you hate tottenham/chelsea/cashley etc etc" so I'm all for that!!!! It would be nice to think of the grove erupting as one into one of the many anti Chelsea/Cashley songs, but I suspect that it will just be the REDaction section and they won't even be heard at the other end.... please, please, please prove me wrong!!

sussex

Oh dear

Post by sussex »

The most embarrassing idea I have ever heard and I cannot believe the Gooner could publish such an idea be it in paper on online. Actually, thinking about it I can believe that as the Gooner has deteriorated so much from its roots when it originally used to be a proper, interesting and informative fanzine that had a little integrity.

I guess it just highlights the sad state of affairs at our club. Our fanzines are an embarrassment, at least half the attendees of our new souless stadium are even more of an embarrassment and I find myself cringing at such posts as this far too often for my liking.

The 70s 80s in particular may not have been the most enjoyable period for us on the pitch, but at least we had leading fanzines, historic and proud stadia and we were followed by people who knew what it meant to be a Gooner.

It is all just a joke nowadays and those that are laughing hardest are the overpaid prima donas who are raking it in. Someone suggested we should leave Cole alone on Sunday? Like fuck mate, that greedy little c**t should get a welcome all right, one that should make him think twice about coming over again. However, I have no doubt that there are too many people like you now in a ground that don't see how he left us and the club looking.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I don't agree with us singing the scouse anthem, we should be taunting Cashley & his Chav team. We should give that greedy little *word censored* as much abuse as possible and make him wish he had stayed at home as he should not be welcome at the Grove.

RCEG

Post by RCEG »

This is an absolutely TERRIBLE idea, make no mistake. We are Arsenal, we do not sing another club's anthem especially not one as well-known as this one. If we do sing it we'll make ourselves look even more stupid in my opinion - it's small time, something we're most definitely not.

Gotta say our selection of songs has gone right down the sh*tter over the past couple of seasons - maybe because of the Johnny Come Latelys who don't have much of a clue about being a football fan. All the 'who are ya' and 'easy! easy!' plus the embarassing "who?!" when the opposition make a sub are simply cringeworthy. And why do all our songs for players nowadays consist of "we've got...."? It was okay for DB10 but for every player?!

Come on lads, let's have the tried and tested songs of yesteryear (when the atmosphere was good) and let's have some originality in the new songs!

Rant over.

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

us singingyoull never walk alone is as bad and as low as tottenham fans wearing barcelona shirts and chanting bar-ce-lona for the CL final!!!