WE ARE TO BLAME

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo

WE ARE TO BLAME

Post by donaldo »

Sitting in the directors box on saturday Peter Hill-Wood turns to Danny Boy Fitzman and says"Hey Danny who says you cant fool all the people all the time"

Do you know who to blame for the lack of any major signings this summer.Take a look in the mirror.Its me and you and 60,000 other mugswho pay the highest ticket prices in the league.60,000 mugs who let this board rip us off week in week out by increasing ticket prices after 3 trophyless seasons.60,000 mugs who dont question the decisions of Arsene Wenger when every Gooner knew we needed a commanding centre half and a defensive midfielder.
The likes of Fitzman,the board and Wenger are laughing at us.Because we shut our mouths bend over and take it up the arse from them week after week because they know 60,000 mugs will still turn up to see a team that has no chance of winning the League or the CL.
Wenger and the board are a match made in hell the board love Wenger because he wont spend money Wenger loves the board because however many seasons we go without winning a trophy his job is safe.

The Emirates was built so we could compete with Man Utd and Chelsea in the transfer market.What a fucking joke we had more chance of winning the league at Highbury.

David Dein was right this club needs massive investment to compete with the other top clubs in Europe.So dont be suprised when we dont win nothing again and Cesc leaves in the summer

5 yerars ago Chelsea were £80m in debt last May they came within one kick of winning Europes Major trophy.Name me a club in Europes top leagues who dont buy success.It cant be done without money.

A journalist on Sky summed it up when he said Wenger thinks its his own money when he trys to buy a player.What sort of way is that to run a major football club
Arsenal are a club standing still while football has moved on.You cant win trophies with kids and cheap buys
As long as Wenger and the board continue to run the club the way they are doing now the days of winning trophies will continue to be a thing of the past.

Sadly the majority of our fans cant see what is happening and believe Arsene Knows that is why Wenger and the board are getting away with murder.

And me and you the fans are to blame for letting it happen :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Of course, they could be charging those prices as we are in London, one of the most attractive teams to watch, a top four side in one of the best leagues in the world and that they can easily sell the stadium. In the end, we need to pay off the stadium debt and imagine how much more 60,000 fans are going to pull in for the transfer budget once we have got rid of a lot of the debt. Money we could never have got at Highbury

I don't think the board are exactly delighted by the lack of money spent, they know it hands Dein an excuse to attack them but they are not so foolish as to undermine the manager either

fridge

Post by fridge »

Magic, you want to wait 17 years, because thats how long the loan period is for!!!!?????????

Think before you comment!

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Of course, we won't be putting any money and getting the debt, plus interest down, before that 17 year mark so having more to spend during those years then we do now. :roll:

heaven's, is that how you handle your debt? I would be worried if I were you. If you pay money in to clear off your debt, the less interest you have to pay and the easier it should be getting thus freeing up more money for you. Or in this case, Arsenal, to spend as they wish

Think before you post

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I've got to say that I've tried to be calm about the lack of transfer activity and when Wenger was interviewed on Saturday and asked about transfers, smiled and said 'maybe, maybe not', I thought he had a master stroke up his sleeve. So I waited by the radio last night, and waited and waited......I just hope he knows what he's doing. It's one thing saying he sees the players every day in training and knows what they're capable of etc but we see what the likes of Denilson, Eboue, Djorou etc are like when pitched up against world class players. It's one thing dominating a poor Newcastle side but when we come up against better sides I fear our shortcomings will be shown up again. That's why I was convinced he wouldn't be too fooled by Saturday's great performance and think 'I don't need to buy'

Maybe we're all wrong and the 'kids' have matured enough now to be title contenders but J Cole, Deco, Essien and Fat Frank pitched up against Eboue, Denilson, Theo and Nasri.................well you get my point.

Anyway, where's that bottle of whisky............

augie

Re: WE ARE TO BLAME

Post by augie »

donaldo wrote:Sitting in the directors box on saturday Peter Hill-Wood turns to Danny Boy Fitzman and says"Hey Danny who says you cant fool all the people all the time"

Do you know who to blame for the lack of any major signings this summer.Take a look in the mirror.Its me and you and 60,000 other mugswho pay the highest ticket prices in the league.60,000 mugs who let this board rip us off week in week out by increasing ticket prices after 3 trophyless seasons.60,000 mugs who dont question the decisions of Arsene Wenger when every Gooner knew we needed a commanding centre half and a defensive midfielder.
The likes of Fitzman,the board and Wenger are laughing at us.Because we shut our mouths bend over and take it up the arse from them week after week because they know 60,000 mugs will still turn up to see a team that has no chance of winning the League or the CL.
Wenger and the board are a match made in hell the board love Wenger because he wont spend money Wenger loves the board because however many seasons we go without winning a trophy his job is safe.

The Emirates was built so we could compete with Man Utd and Chelsea in the transfer market.What a fucking joke we had more chance of winning the league at Highbury.

David Dein was right this club needs massive investment to compete with the other top clubs in Europe.So dont be suprised when we dont win nothing again and Cesc leaves in the summer

5 yerars ago Chelsea were £80m in debt last May they came within one kick of winning Europes Major trophy.Name me a club in Europes top leagues who dont buy success.It cant be done without money.

A journalist on Sky summed it up when he said Wenger thinks its his own money when he trys to buy a player.What sort of way is that to run a major football club
Arsenal are a club standing still while football has moved on.You cant win trophies with kids and cheap buys
As long as Wenger and the board continue to run the club the way they are doing now the days of winning trophies will continue to be a thing of the past.

Sadly the majority of our fans cant see what is happening and believe Arsene Knows that is why Wenger and the board are getting away with murder.

And me and you the fans are to blame for letting it happen :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I have made these observations on here a few times over the last few months without gaining much support and it appears to me that we are supposed to keep bending over to be screwed by the club left right and centre :roll:

The one thing the vast vast majority of us on here (inc optimists like quartz and magic) is the need for at the very least a strong defensive midfielder and wenger himself said the same thing but yet we got nobody in to fill that roll. The one thing everyone of us is agreed on is that our club finances are holding us back big time and that fact in itself is in complete contrast to the promise/commitment made to the fans that we would be in a position to compete in the transfer market with the biggest clubs and the stadium would have no negative bearing on our transfer funds. Now most accepted that for the first couple of seasons that may not pan out to be the case but it now appears that we are still firmly in that deep financial hole to the extend that even one quality midfielder is out of our reach even allowing for our transfer profit up to that point. So basically the club has not been in a position to contribute financially at all and all dealings must come from incoming transfer funds which wenger said some time ago only to be dismissed as an out of context comment.

There is no way in the world any of our so called european peers supporters would accept being shit upon by their club in this manner. Believe it or not I am not a militant person by nature but I really really believe that the time has come for some show of major protest against the way the club is now being run. This is our club and it is our money that is being used to run this club will our short armed board members sit back smugly watching their share prices rise with every set of well balanced financial records that are published and I for one have had enough :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

We only appear to have the most expencive tickets in the league.
Lazy Journolisum has our tickets as the most expencive as on paper they are. However, look into the fact the Chelsea, Spurs & Liverpool are all about £300 less then ours is due to the fact they have to pay for ALL the cup games where as our are included.

I thought we needed financial backing and it's an interesting thought.
I've look into it closer and no matter how much money Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Villa, Man U and Chelsea throw into the game there's only 2 Major cups to play for!

A few owners will get upset as they're not making money on their investment and inventually sell up.
Oh and BTW we still managed to finished 3rd and only lost out on the league by a few points! :wink: :roll:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Boomer did you go to the town hall for the parade for finishing 3rd? Did you enjoy yourself? :banghead: :banghead:

Calo

Post by Calo »

im not taking 1% responsibilty for this

i would have not been so greedy with ADE's price and bought players

plus with that £30 we had --

id have bougut a goalie, def mid, striker, and winger

after in and outs

we spend a pathetic £3m inc the hoyte deal

I would also have sold frankeinstein not just loaned him

skipper

Post by skipper »

Regarding "We were only 4 points off the top last season" argument:

- The sad fact is; We were 5 points clear with 12 games to go and next four games were B'ham, Wigan, Villa & Boro...and we got 4 points from those 4 games...so the truth is we threw it away (Wenger selfishly and foolishly prioritized CL over EPL) and heaven only knows when will we have such great chance again...

There was a forum member called BringBackPires who sometime in april questioned the way club has been run and managed and I remember that he got absolutely slaughtered by majority on this forum. How times change, eh...

augie

Post by augie »

skipper wrote:Regarding "We were only 4 points off the top last season" argument:

- The sad fact is; We were 5 points clear with 12 games to go and next four games were B'ham, Wigan, Villa & Boro...and we got 4 points from those 4 games...so the truth is we threw it away (Wenger selfishly and foolishly prioritized CL over EPL) and heaven only knows when will we have such great chance again...

There was a forum member called BringBackPires who sometime in april questioned the way club has been run and managed and I remember that he got absolutely slaughtered by majority on this forum. How times change, eh...

Off the top of my head I could probably list about 6 or 7 of the regular and long established members on this forum that didnt slaughter him so I dont think your "majority" remark is anywhere near accurate

Postman

Post by Postman »

Maybe its time to start singing David Dein's name :barscarf:

Hello from a NEWBY :D

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

donaldo wrote:Boomer did you go to the town hall for the parade for finishing 3rd? Did you enjoy yourself? :banghead: :banghead:
Yeah it was good I managed to get a good position right on the steps. :lol:

The point I'm trying to make and you may not agree which is fine is whether we sell the club to an invester. Personally, I don't think we should as Chelsea are have tried to be number 1 in the world with no success and Man U, Liverpool, Spurs, Villa and now Man C are all trying to be the best in the world most with foreign investers.

Not everyone can be the best and the statment that I'm making is despite the millions that Chelsea, Spurs and Man C will spend that we're not that far behind and infront of the overs. :D

skipper

Post by skipper »

augie wrote:
skipper wrote:Regarding "We were only 4 points off the top last season" argument:

Off the top of my head I could probably list about 6 or 7 of the regular and long established members on this forum that didnt slaughter him so I dont think your "majority" remark is anywhere near accurate
Augie, i'm quite sure he was getting a lot of stick for his views and I'm not saying that everyone was against him, but I remember people calling for him to be barred from the forum...

Goonanana

Post by Goonanana »

Money does not guarantee success however, it it really worth becoming a billionaires plaything?!

It's a bloody tough league now but I think there are enough players to go around for us to compete without spending 100 million quid!

Afterall there are 84 points up for grabs off teams outside the top 6, you don't have to have the best players in the world to beat the rest of the premiership just damn goods ones which I think we have. The other 30 points are up for grabs off these teams, well despite all their spending I'd hardly say we were played off the park or lost massive amounts of points to Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Man City, Villa or Portsmouth last season

We were only 2 points behind Chelsea and look how much they spend! 2 points??!! That's nothing, that's one game, that's the birmingham game, clichy's alleged foul in the last one minute that was all!! Is 100 million really going to make that much difference??!!

Now don't get me wrong I'm not bending over for the board or ever backing Wenger 100% but all I'm saying is that I still don't think a foreign investor is the way forward and we're not out of it yet

HOWEVER, I do think there was no excuse for not buying a good defensive midfielder to counter Flamini leaving - that to me has been poor management and that is why we may suffer, I think enger has played the wait until five to midnight and grab a bargain game one to many times and he's got caught out. The man is tighter than a duck's arse! Like was mentioned earlier he thinks its his own money and he is obviously thrifty! methink she uses tesco value loo roll despite his millions!