Did Tottenham have a better season than Arsenal? (15/5)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Did Tottenham have a better season than Arsenal? (15/5)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter... nothing like a bit of perspective to make you realise things could be a hell of a lot worse. daniel levy says that spurs are not a selling club, but come off it... berbatov must realise he will never play champions league football at the lane. await his appearance in a red shirt come august (unless the player has zero ambition and is happy as the big fish in a small pond... watched by pond life in the stands) :lol:

Arsenal Analysis

Post by Arsenal Analysis »

Tottenham always try very hard but can never finish above Arsenal.

They are pretty ordinary and are made to look average by Berbatov's presence in the team.

We played all season with kids and without TH and RVP and still finished above them!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Did Spuds have a better season than us? Are they kidding! Last season they blew 4th spot on the last day so maybe could have claimed some satisfaction in taking us so close. This season we comfortably celebrated St Totteringham's day on 21st April - so how can they say they haven't gone backwards? They may have won quite a few games in Europe - I watched several & agree that they played well - but it it was the UEFA cup, not Champions League. Lets face it, the opposition weren't of the highest quality! And then we beat them with the kids in the Carling Cup - & deservedly so!! I'd go further than that though & say that Liverpool (esp if they lose to Milan) have also had a poor season - scraping into 4th virtue of a last minute penalty (which cost me £20!!). And Chelsea also failed to live up to expectations. United are the only one of the top Premiership clubs who can claim success....& maybe even they will be a little disappointed that they didn't make the CL Final. I think you probably need to look to Bolton or Reading to find teams who truly exceeded fans expectations.

azz91

Post by azz91 »

one word sums it up..... no

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

azz91----the 1 word your looking for is b0!!0(K5

SpursPeople

Post by SpursPeople »

You Have Gotta Be Avin A monkey!!!!
All that supposed glory and you still won nothing atleast at the start of the season we were meant to win nothing!!!!
Where did you even get in the FA Cup would that be the 5th round?????
Quarter Finals i here u say, 3-1 up at Stanford Bridge???
You Boys just rest on your lorals!!!!

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

Further proof (if any were needed) that if brains were gunpowder, your average Spud wouldn't have enough to blow his fake Burberry baseball cap off.

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I hate to disagree but although they only finished 5th Totteringham had exactly what we needed - goalscorers, predators: Berbatov, the treacherous Defoe and the infinitely dislikeable Keane. However, if we'd had one of those three we could have been challenging ManUre rather than passing ourselves and the fans into a stupor in front of open goals. I dislike having to admit that but their goals for was impressive and credit where it's due. :(

Ruby

Spur better then us Doa

Post by Ruby »

May be its me but are some people having a break down did spurs have a better season then us. Fact 1 we made the Carling Cup final and before you say its only the carling cup a final, a final is a final don't get big headed. Fact 2 who did we beat in the semi you work it out. Fact 3 spuds only got though with a bye in the uefa cup. Fact 4 Did we finish above them yes. Fact 5 did we beat them twice this year yes. Members of the Jury I rest my case

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

proudtosaythatname wrote:I dislike having to admit that but their goals for was impressive and credit where it's due. :(
I think all this business about Spurs doing well in front of goal this year is a bit of a myth - mainly generated by them playing weak opposition in the UEFA Cup. In a season when we couldn't score in a brothel, we still managed 63 goals. Spurs, with their "fearsome" forward line, managed 57. We were also 2nd top scorer at home - which is no mean feat in a 1st season, with our two main strikers missing for much of the season! I agree that we can, and will, do better but I just think that Spurs aren't the best example to use of someone who's got it right....

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I hate Totteringham too - really - but 14 of our 63 were against one club, admittedly that was Liverpool...sadly, however, none against PSV when it mattered

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

Simple really, NO!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

proudtosaythatname wrote:I hate Totteringham too - really - but 14 of our 63 were against one club, admittedly that was Liverpool...sadly, however, none against PSV when it mattered
You are right about PSV.....but just to clarify that we scored 63 goals in the league so the 9 cup goals v Liverpool were not included!

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Isn't 4th higher than 5th???