Red member / Silver waiting list

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rilo II

Red member / Silver waiting list

Post by Rilo II »

Got my red membership renewal form in the post today. Have been informed that I am position 39055 in the silver membership waiting list. If 500 silver members don't renew their membership each season, I'll be promoted when I'm into my second century of life. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Any other red members have as long a wait?

Basil is a Gooner

season ticket waiting list

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

I'm lucky to be a silver member, and am also in the waiting list for a season ticket. I don't know if you saw my posting the other day,but basically when I rang Arsenal to ask how long the season ticket waiting list was, I was told it was around 70,000!
This roughly translates to "no chance".

columoz

Post by columoz »

how long have u been a red member for ?

TheHose

Post by TheHose »

I was a junior gunner till i got 2 old so they moved me straight to the silver membership.

Like Basil is a Gooner, im on the waiting list for a season ticket. Been trying to find out my position but cant seem to find out anywhere.

Any help any1?

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

70,000? Christ.
Maybe if we get relegated it will speed up the process.

And I've been a red member for 2 years now.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I'm not saying that Arsenal massage the numbers but..... remember that we're talking about a club who interpret attendance as tickets sold! I do find it very hard to believe that we seriously have another 70,000 people who want a season ticket....on top of the 40,000 who already have!! Maybe Dein was right & we should have shared Wembley after all....!

Its more believable that we have 39,000 on the Silver waiting list - although I bet this goes down by more than 500 each season. Some will simply drop out (or die), forget to renew & some will actually get to the top of the Season Ticket waiting list (see above)....

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

The problem for you lads on the season ticket waiting list is now Arsenal have joined the likes of manure and introduced this new scheme where you can sell individual games through the Club to Red Members whilst still retaining ownership of your season ticket.

So the Club have really turned it in to a closed shop from next season as normally the main bulk of season tickets would come from people who could no longer afford it. But now, as long as they can get the initial money together they can just sell off every game minus a small percentage to the Club.

So it's feasible that you can have a season ticket holder that doesn't go to a single game but still retains ownership of his/her ticket.
I know the games have to be sold out to be able to sell any particular match through the Club but it is the Arsenal and every game more or less is.

So all the money they get for selling individual matches comes off the following season's season ticket price, so if they've sold the lot they'll pay practically nothing to renew their ticket for the following season. So if people can't afford it, they'll just continue that routine until they can, whilst all the while retaining ownership.
So, i'm afraid the only season tickets to be offered to Silver Members now will be people emmigrating or god forbid, dying.

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

I joined the Season ticket waiting list about 12 years ago and over the years gradually moved up to about 1200th on the list come the end of the final season at Highbury. Fortunately we moved to AG and i was lucky to be one of those that was immediately offered the chance of a season ticket.

All you have to remember is that there are a lot of people that just wont bother renewing their season ticket waiting list membership and thus you do move up the list fairly quickly.

Admittedly i was around 40000 on the list when i joined but eventually i got there after years of scrounging tickets and being lucky to get hold of them in the days of the old portacabin behind the North Bank on Match days.

Keep the faith people, it will happen, especially if the Club decide to raise the prices much higher in the coming seasons.

jacko-arsnl

Post by jacko-arsnl »

My dad go his red membership through yesterday and he is 25,598 in the waiting list for sliver.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I joined the membership scheme, along with my wife, within a month of it being launched. We got our renewels last week and I am placed at 18999 whilst my wife is 21374. Both applications were submitted together originally so I have no idea why we are so far apart?

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Good point SPUDMASHER! Me and my brother joined the same time and we are 2,000 apart too on the silver membership waiting list !!!

Basil is a Gooner

waiting list

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

I have found out today that I have moved from postion 12000 on the season ticket waiting list in 1995, to 4000 as of now, although I was told that this would still be at least 2 seasons wait.
TheHose - you need to ring the membership line on 0870 343 0870 and quote the number printed on your season ticket certificate.
MKGould, you are right, they probably have manipulated the 70,000 as they do with the attendance for each game. I also agree that the "buy back" system will block things for people waiting for a season ticket. Although this means that people can keep their season tickets until they can afford them again, I actually agree with this too as when you have waited so many years for something you don't give it up if you can help it!