Grubs up

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Goonerbum

Grubs up

Post by Goonerbum »

Is it me or is paying four pound for a pie a tad too much at the grove.... :o

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

The cost of food at ashburton is a rip-off and the beer is only 'on special offer' at the moment - wonder how much that's gonna go up?

Bring's it home when you go to citeh and they're doing offers on buying 2 beers and offers on a pie-pint-potato (the potato were crisps before you worry!)

£7 for 'fish' & chips is expensive and wierd - why would you want that kinda stuff at the stadium? I'll wait 10 minutes until I get to the chippie round the corner that serves proper fish and is cheaper.

The long and the short is I won't be eating at ashburton. Which will help my bank balance and my waistline....aside from all the beer I'll drink!

Von Smalls

Post by Von Smalls »

The cost was always going to go up but then apart from the match ticket you have the choice whether or not to pay for food in the ground.

Me and my mate prefer to get a meal from that chicken place opposite the frindsbury park tube station, and then go in the blackstock before the game. Lovely jubley.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Food glorious food?

Post by gooner.ed »

Arsenal did a PR exercise recently inviting some of the fanzine contributors to go along and give their opinions on the concourse food and the Arsenal TV stuff they show on the plasma screens pre and post match.

Two Gooner writers went along to represent us, and the food they were given to sample was apparently the dog's bollocks. So much so that I was persuaded by one of them to try a burger - claiming it was actually worth it.

So at the Brazil v Argentina match I did something I vowed I would never do and purchased a cheeseburger for £4 at the new stadium. Never again - filling, yes. But also dry and without any discernable taste. No butter on the bun, no onions or salad. Just a burger that was far from fresh, a stale square of cheese that had fallen into several bits and a cheap bread roll. Even mustard could not save it. I even suspected it may have been a leftover from the Zagreb game!

The food at Ashburton may have been decent value if the burgers tasted like they do in a place like Maxwell's in Hampstead (not that I frequent that area, but I've eaten there 2 or 3 times over the last decade). But frankly, they are probably worse than MacDonalds and that is saying something. Avoid at all costs. I certainly won't be buying any food at the stadium ever again after that financially painful experience.

gunner67

Post by gunner67 »

I guess that if we were paying a fiver to get in then yea, I s'pose £4 is expensive for a burger. Let's face it, if we're willing to pay the amount we do to get in then we're asking to be ripped off aren't we?
My local rugby team charges £15 to get in, oh yea and under 16s get in for free. If I decide to not want to buy a ticket how many people are queuing behind me to get their hands on it??!! We're caught by the short and curlies aren't we?