Donation Details for Steve Hope (Charlie!Charlie!)

Share details of Arsenal items for sale (NOT tickets), news of forthcoming events and fundraising with your fellow Gooners here.
Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:As I suggested this I need to make my donation.However,I do not posess a credit card.Can I do it over a bank or Post Office counter? Or,if by Postal Order,what "address" do I put on it?
You can hook up your bank account to paypal, but it takes a few days to go through the verification process etc...

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Kevinho wrote:A big Well Done Jason for setting this up so quickly.

And another Well Done to everybody who has given money so quickly.

Just donated on behalf of Dicko & I. The total should be at least £300 now.
Thanks! Added you to the list :barscarf:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

donated 8)

onemoreminute

Post by onemoreminute »

This is the kindest thing i have ever known, total strangers donating their hard earned to someone who they never met, i cannot put into words what this means to his closest friends and family.

I have been asked by Hopey's other best mate Jared, who has held everyone together the last few days today that even though he is a Liverpool fan, i showed him this earlier and it blew him away, that he thinks this is, like me, unbelievable, and getting a donation out of a scouser is quite something!

I havent donated personally yet but rest assured i will, just got a few things to sort out at the moment.

I will be speaking with Hopey's family over the next few days regarding the wording, i have an idea what i would like to put but need to run it past them first.

Once again, thank you all so much xx

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Donated Jayson

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

flash gunner wrote:Donated Jayson
Thanks Flash.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Just to update you all because your generosity is unreal. I emailed Arsenal today about a stone and when we can have it in place etc.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Due to the tragic passing away of our friend Steve Hope, many of us on
The Online Gooner Forum are collecting money to purchase a red Gunner
Stone to commemorate Steve's life.

Just so I can keep the others updated and show where their contributions
are going could you please answer a couple of questions?

* From time of order how long does it take for the stone to be
manufactured? We hope to order in the next couple of weeks.

* Do you have any idea when a new batch of stones are being installed? I
believe some of us would like to be there if possible when this happens.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Kind regards,

Steve

Kindly this was the response below................

Dear Mr. V*********

Thank you for contacting the Armoury Square Team.

I am sorry to hear about your friend passing away and will look to help you as much as possible.

Firstly, below is the link that will take you through to the details about the type of stones available and the prices so that you can discuss this with your friends.

https://bookings.arsenal.com/stones/index.htm

The actual manufacturing of the stones does not take long but there are a number of other procedures that have to be taken in to consideration, the stones are laid on a first come first laid basis but then saying this we obviously have to take in to consideration the layout of the next panel which has to incorporate different sizes and colours of stones, hope this isn't confusing things for you, I am really trying to say that we currently do not have a date for installation of the next panel as we are still scheduling it, but would anticipate that we would look to be maximising on this window that we have during closed season and the first pre-season friendly at home not being until the end of July.

There is a panel that is being installed week commencing Monday 23rd May with completion due Friday 3rd June, once this has been completed we should be able to provide dates for the next panel.

I hope this information helps, if you do need any clarification please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Many thanks for your support.

Kind regards

Sue Dakin
Armoury Square Team

Sue Dakin hae been great and has given me her number so we can arrange the stone for Steve to be done and put in place as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your outstanding kindness.

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Cheers for sharing that with us Percy. The amount of money that has already been donated is simply amazing and makes me proud to be a Gooner.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Sending mine to Kingjayson tomorrow

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I just wanted poeple to know how their money was going to be used and when the stone would be in place.

Cheers.

:barscarf:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Thats good info Percy. We've already got about £330 so we could probably pay quite soon depending on what you guys would like etc. Just let me know what you'd like me to do.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Cheers Jayson.

Spoke to Scott/OMM and if everyone is happy with this the words on the stone will come from his family.

As for a wreath, if there is enough in the kitty, the old style cannon comes to mind or the word 'Gooner' or maybe a combination of the two.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Its okay mate.

Yeah I think that would be best regarding the words, and I'm sure everyone on here will agree.

I guess we can find out more about the wreath as we get more donations. Will keep you posted.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Just did a tenner Jason. Well done mate!

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

I'll put in tomorrow, couldnt manage today. Wreath will be a nice touch too