from america to terrorists

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Hey I'm just hoping for some kind of public health care. I dont know if you guys would really know what it's like here without health care. I'm 24, in college, and can't afford the $300 a month for health care so anytime I play a sport or do something physical I have to worry about getting injured which would cost me thousands.

I just tore my MCl and ACL in a football (soccer) game and need surgery. Ouch :(

Whats funny though about business and government is now our government has had to bailout all the insurance and banking companies like AIG, which we all know sponsors the Mancs. So not only do they have American owners but our government is now their sponsor haha.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Cus Geezer wrote:
The instance of the Iraq war, although voted on in parliament involves false information and politicians like Oonagh King ignoring what their constituents thought and were guided by their own political ambitions and wanting to keep in favour with her party's leadership.
Like it or not Cus, MPs in this country are Representatives of and not Delegates of their constituents, on all matters. None of them have any legal duty to make their constituent's view guide their political voting pattern.
Doesn't take away from the point - when you sign up for the military your orders come from a narrow spectrum who are not necessarily following the best interests of the nation. Anyone who wants to put their lives on the line for that needs their heads examined.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Cus Geezer wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
Cus Geezer wrote:
The instance of the Iraq war, although voted on in parliament involves false information and politicians like Oonagh King ignoring what their constituents thought and were guided by their own political ambitions and wanting to keep in favour with her party's leadership.
Like it or not Cus, MPs in this country are Representatives of and not Delegates of their constituents, on all matters. None of them have any legal duty to make their constituent's view guide their political voting pattern.
Doesn't take away from the point - when you sign up for the military your orders come from a narrow spectrum who are not necessarily following the best interests of the nation. Anyone who wants to put their lives on the line for that needs their heads examined.
you are right about the orders coming from a very select few who may or may not have their nations best intrst in mind. however you cannot say "anyone" signs up need to be examined because at least here, a lot of lower middle class and lower class citizens sign up because they have no other alternatives. the military pays for your education and gives you fairly decent wages for a 4 year commitment. thats a lot better than people in those social classes could get otherwise.

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

[quote="Yankee_Gooner_Dandee"]Hey I'm just hoping for some kind of public health care. I dont know if you guys would really know what it's like here without health care. I'm 24, in college, and can't afford the $300 a month for health care so anytime I play a sport or do something physical I have to worry about getting injured which would cost me thousands.
I just tore my MCl and ACL in a football (soccer) game and need surgery. Ouch :(

Same here :? sucks bad

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

the military pays for your education and gives you fairly decent wages for a 4 year commitment. thats a lot better than people in those social classes could get otherwise.
Point no.1 - education in this country was free, including higher education until the late 1990s. Those who took that away in the years since are the self same narrow spectrum that decide where you're going to be deployed to shoot and get shot at.

point no.2 - rather be able bodied and working in McDonalds for a shit wage serving for the benefit of burger munching lard arses, than serving for the benefit of greedy amoral bastards and returning either in a wheelchair, with missing limbs or in a bodybag for a couple of years of decent pay.

And I tell what - many of those who come back disabled get fuck all but living off benefits, in many ways a standard of living beneath that of your average person from those social classes.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Cus Geezer wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
Cus Geezer wrote:
But the point is that your MP is not acting on direct orders from you.

As for the military, they do good social projects (providing water for villages, food convoys etc) as well as fight.