from america to terrorists

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
goonarmy

Post by goonarmy »

QuartzGooner wrote:Goonarmy,

Ask yourself why the bulldozer is demolishing a home?

For a game?

No.

Likelehood is it was the home of a terrorist's family, or used by Hamas as a hideout. It was in Nablus, a hotbed of terrorism and a cradle of suicide bombers.

Rachel Corrie was misguided. She felt strongly about something but went about her protests in a reckless way.

The organisation she was allied to has been charged with aiding terrorist activity...it is not some neutral "peace and love" movement.

It is not advisable to go into Gaza in the way she did. It is a dangerous place.

If you feel strongly about the Iraq war, would you go into the front line unarmed waving "peace flags"??

You would be reckless if you did.
All i'm saying is that there are Palestinians being forcibly removed from their land, which kind of goes against that notion you can't understand. Though really don't wanna go into that don't wanna go into your bullshit further to be honest. Specially don't wanna start talking about Rachael Corrie with someone like you.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Goonarmy,

Do you think I wanted Rachel Corrie to be killed?

No I did not.

Your white hot and emotional sense of injustice is misdirected, by you taking sides in a conflict, that is not of the nature that you believe it to be.

I can understand why you feel as you do given the anti Israeli media bias in this country, but I sincerely believe you have incorrect information at your disposal.

If you feel an urge to be involved in championing the cause of oppressed populations, then priority causes are perhaps the civilian population of North Korea.
There are roughly 3M of them starving and/or imprisoned in concentration camps by their own government.

Or the Southern Sudanese non Muslim population, suffering rape and mass murder at the hands of the Janjaweed militias in Darfur?

Drone

Post by Drone »

I understand your opinions about America, and i can live with that too, as about Israel/Palestine and Serbia/Kosovo krisis i tell u this: if serbs have gave us the rights to go to school, be part of comunity same as they were speak are own language in our territory than the Kosovo war vould never hapened. We were baned from schools, most of albanian guys serving in Serbian army were returned home dead without no war hapening at the time in Ex Yugosllavia, cant speak are own language in th estreet, baned from several places within kosovo, etc etc and most important baned from government and political life in ex yugosllavia, thats why we protested and when they start come and kill us in our own homes than we fight back, and thanks good USA and TONY BLAIR (your prime minister) saved our lives. And u teeling me not to day for them, i bet i will day for england before u guys do.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

good USA and TONY BLAIR (your prime minister) saved our lives. And u teeling me not to day for them, i bet i will day for england before u guys do.
Firstly I'd like to compare the number of lives lost with that saved by Bush and TONY BLAIR (our ex-prime minister who due to voter epathy won elections with less votes than his party lost with in 1979 and 1992 and whose party membership has more than halved due to his actions as PM).

As for dying for them - ha, well I wouldn't sacrifice a toe nail for them let alone my life.

As for dying for England - there has only been one war in the last century in which Britain's very existence has been at threat. All the other wars involved control of other countries resources, interference with other nations affairs, international willy waving competitions and unpopular prime ministers seeking re-election. If you want to lay down your life for that you must be some sort of twat.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Cus Geezer wrote:
good USA and TONY BLAIR (your prime minister) saved our lives. And u teeling me not to day for them, i bet i will day for england before u guys do.
Firstly I'd like to compare the number of lives lost with that saved by Bush and TONY BLAIR (our ex-prime minister who due to voter epathy won elections with less votes than his party lost with in 1979 and 1992 and whose party membership has more than halved due to his actions as PM).

As for dying for them - ha, well I wouldn't sacrifice a toe nail for them let alone my life.

As for dying for England - there has only been one war in the last century in which Britain's very existence has been at threat. All the other wars involved control of other countries resources, interference with other nations affairs, international willy waving competitions and unpopular prime ministers seeking re-election. If you want to lay down your life for that you must be some sort of twat.
I hear where you're coming from but that last sentence is a bit strong mate. We've lost some decent people over the last few years who were all working to hopefully make this world a better place. Regardless of anyones politics, they deserve better than that.

Drone

Post by Drone »

I would neither give a fuck for them personnaly but i do for the people who support them and give their live saving other lives.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

I hear where you're coming from but that last sentence is a bit strong mate. We've lost some decent people over the last few years who were all working to hopefully make this world a better place. Regardless of anyones politics, they deserve better than that.
I'm sure a lot of them, usually young kids and politically naive ones at that join the army may have grand visions of what they're signing up for, in wanting to keep peace in troubled spots and protect the country.

The reality is very different to this and let's be honest, what power or control does anyone in the army have over retaining the visions they have when they originally sign up, they sign up to follow orders and that's that.

And the whole legal process of declaring war is a very undemocratic one - the last war in Iraq is the only one that was ever put to the vote in parliament, all our other war have been declared under Royal Perogative Powers, which are described below. The reality being that your orders are shaped by an extremely narrow section of the population and their interests and motives for declaration often far from genuine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_prerogative

The instance of the Iraq war, although voted on in parliament involves false information and politicians like Oonagh King ignoring what their constituents thought and were guided by their own political ambitions and wanting to keep in favour with her party's leadership.

What I said may be harsh, but sadly and at this particular time in our history very worryingly, it's the steady stream of such people who allow our governments to wage such disingenuous and dishonourable wars in the interests of a greedy and ruthless few.

In fact the events of recent years should have been more than an eye opener for such people so if they are still under such delusions than sadly they must be, well, twats.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Well if that's your view then thats your view. I think it is very sad that people who put their lives on the line for the good of others are referred to as twats. And that applies to those on both sides. I think it goes a long way toward explaining the type of society we live in today.
Personally I believe they are extremely brave people. I know that I for one would shit a car park if someone pointed a gun at me and I think most people would be the same. Still, with the way things are going lately I won't have to go to Iraq to find out, I'll just pop along to the East End where our marvellous modern youths will surely oblige.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

I think it is very sad that people who put their lives on the line for the good of others are referred to as twats.
Who are the 'others' who are supposedly on the receiving end of such good exactly? That's my point Spudmasher.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

Incidentally I too would shit a car park if someone pointed a gun at me. Which is why I personally would not put myself forward for such an experience in order to secure an election victory for an unpopular PM/control over other countries resources or affairs/an international willy waving victory.

The WW2 situation was different - an invading army 21 miles away with genocidal ambitions and possibily the subjection and rape of our indigenous population had they got here. That would be the only reason I would face a car park shitting situation, not for any of the above. Anyone who willing puts themselves forward for that is either mad or stupid.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Cus Geezer wrote:
The instance of the Iraq war, although voted on in parliament involves false information and politicians like Oonagh King ignoring what their constituents thought and were guided by their own political ambitions and wanting to keep in favour with her party's leadership.
Like it or not Cus, MPs in this country are Representatives of and not Delegates of their constituents, on all matters. None of them have any legal duty to make their constituent's view guide their political voting pattern.

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

OT02 wrote:On a lighter note, has anyone been to San Diego.
What a fucking place.
Mission beach is incredible.
Hooters is awesome :barscarf:

Yeah I've been there before, marvellous place with great beaches. Hooters can be ok sometimes just depends what city you go to, if you come to the one in the city where I live the women are nasty(and the food is terrible).

Drone

Post by Drone »

Cus Geezer wrote:Incidentally I too would shit a car park if someone pointed a gun at me. Which is why I personally would not put myself forward for such an experience in order to secure an election victory for an unpopular PM/control over other countries resources or affairs/an international willy waving victory.

I thought the same, untill i had the chance to face a gun straight in my face, it was scary, but it wasmutch scary to have a hot gun inside of my mouth, that killed all my fears, and also broke my touth and burned a bit of my tung. If u have achance to enjoy this u wouldent think anymore the same, would u ever love the people who did that to you, and who killed inocent kids, wifes and old people in fronty of you, that makes you mad dog, mad motherfucker, mad to the bone. I thought allways it will be Serbian/Albanian problem but in war we fight against rusians, serbs, bulgars, rumanians, hungarians, belorusiana, etc bunch of slavic nations. That time i trusted in the books i read about Albanians are the only ARIANS left in this planet, a true PELLAZGO/ILIRIAN blood, and the sllavic terror over ilirians was still going on since thausens of years. You guys Europians if i can call you so are non older than we are, and none of you were before us CHRISTIANS we do celebrate today 2000 years of Christian religion over our nation, pls dont take intervention of your troops as helping an muslim nation, u saved whats left from a true EUROPIAN OLD NATION. This satnces from Europians are destrying my nation and making them beleive they are not europians.
DONT EVER ESPECT SLLAVS TO BE EUROPIANS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AND THEY HATE US ALL.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

You may hate our government now, but you (and I) will rue the day if Obama does not win this election. It will be even worse than it is now.

Dont hate Americans in general though. The vast majority of us do not want to be in wars like Iraq. It's a huge deal here and probably the deciding factor in this election.

REB

Post by REB »

well i do hope that a democrat gets into the oval office as they are the lesser of two evils i still don't think it makes much difference to you, be it dem or rep they all get owned by big business in the end