Sorry

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
RaM

Post by RaM »

Gooner ed. this forum is an integral part of my life!

Were it to shut down I would not move to another football forum. In fact, I would more than likely just pine away.

You see, this is my online home - and I'm sure it is for many others.

You said its not incredibly important for you guys at the Gooner, but for the users it really is a lot more than just a forum! And in that light, the majority of us will I'm sure be more than willing to do what we can to keep things running.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Well said RaM, it is for that reason I have to accept what I posted was wrong and jeopardised the online community many of us have come to know and love.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:I don't think that I posted anything illegal!

I just want people to be aware that officialdom and censorship is going over the top here now!

Wayno's pictures did go too far but I can fully understand why he did it!

:banghead:
Gus you and Wayno are really decent blokes having met you i know that but Friday was a step too far, in my knowledge images of hard cocks or animal sex are illegal in Brtain (as gooner ad. wrote) and any websites showing them will be registered abroard as they will be shut down if UK registered. I found it amusing on Friday but i dont see the need to put pics up here to show how "stayed" the site has become. I would miss this place if it were shut down and dont think id go elsewhere as this is so easy to use and a good laugh most of the time.

To finish i wasnt offended at all on friday and there was nothing shown that would shock me so but fortunately/unfortunately those images are illegal so werent really on. Hope you understand where im coming from and i hope it gets dropped now

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Wayno wrote:Well said RaM, it is for that reason I have to accept what I posted was wrong and jeopardised the online community many of us have come to know and love.
Good Wayno - We can call off the dogs now...

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:Who are oldest and youngest members here?
Im gonna be the youngest at 13 and im going with anyone with a charlie george related username as the oldest. Possibly CGWCHE.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I reckon oldgit, corkbarry or basil will be the oldest 8)

RaM

Post by RaM »

Im gonna be the youngest at 13 and im going with anyone with a charlie george related username as the oldest. Possibly CGWCHE.
Yeah I think that would have to make you the youngest. I'm 17.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

What happened to Ben?

He was a young lad!

:?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

You old b*****d! :lol: :lol:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Young Ben14, good call Gus, what did happen to him?

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

RaM wrote:Gooner ed. this forum is an integral part of my life!

Were it to shut down I would not move to another football forum. In fact, I would more than likely just pine away.

You see, this is my online home - and I'm sure it is for many others.

You said its not incredibly important for you guys at the Gooner, but for the users it really is a lot more than just a forum! And in that light, the majority of us will I'm sure be more than willing to do what we can to keep things running.
I agree with you RAM but didnt want to say as thought I would get abuse for it.

Although the Gooner is not integral to the forum, it is a useful vehicle for online articles on Further Discussion, and as such is a valauble source of topical information about Arsenal and the side of things we may not otherwise know about.

General chat is usually good fun, banter, p**s taking and Arsenal chat (well sometimes anyway).

I know you think I am an old woman wayno because of my views. The bottom line (if you'll pardon the pun) is that we all know the boundaries.

Ok I will live if the forum goes, but I wont join another and I will just get on with my life, but I will do what I can to keep it going.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I'd be gutted if this place went so can we please stay within the law. I'm by no means a prude and it would take quite a bit to shock me (A spuds win would be up there at the moment :lol: ) but I do think we need to be a bit more 'selective' in our choice of perversion.
I've spoken to Wayno by pm since friday and he is genuinely embarrassed about friday night so I don't think we need concern ourselves with it anymore. As Gus said, he didn't post anything illegal, but the thread title made it pretty obvious what was inside.
Those of us that have been here a while will remember the forum going down (insert joke about my sex life here :roll: ) once before because of a potential legal issue. When that happened we all felt like we had lost something, so let's not do it again.

Time to move on folks.

tomkingsbury

Post by tomkingsbury »

Wayno wrote:Young Ben14, good call Gus, what did happen to him?
i may be very wrong, but i assumed he was one of tragic youngsters these days who ended up gettng stabbed - there was a thread on it a few months back, unless it was another ben??

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Fucking hell Tom, I hope you are wrong :cry:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

tomkingsbury wrote:
Wayno wrote:Young Ben14, good call Gus, what did happen to him?
i may be very wrong, but i assumed he was one of tragic youngsters these days who ended up gettng stabbed - there was a thread on it a few months back, unless it was another ben??
nah, our ben :wink: as from Somerset.

I guess he learnt his apprenticeship on here, picking up experience from us old-timers :oops: and then did his own blog/forum. 8)

Splitter!