SPUDMASHER'S NAME HAS TURNED GREEN!!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Cant believe Spuddy is one of them now :roll: . No seriously well done spuddy keep up the good work :D

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Basil is a Gooner wrote:Image

Spuds gone green......... :groaner:

Have you noticed how both rebel and spud have their names in capital letters and the other mods dont? :wink:
That's because we're far more important than the other mods :wink:
Yes I thought you might say that. :roll:

Nothing to do with the size of your shoes then..... :shock: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

BTW now youre important is there anyway of leaning on mizznaughty for the owed pic? Maybe the threat of a ban? :lol:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

flash gunner wrote:BTW now youre important is there anyway of leaning on mizznaughty for the owed pic? Maybe the threat of a ban? :lol:
mizznaughty is doing all she can to avoid coming up with the goods.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Basil, please re-size your picture or I shall be forced to delete it :lol: :wink:

Basil is a Gooner

mizznaughty mashing green spuds....... :shock: :shock:

Basil is a Gooner

SPUDMASHER wrote:Basil, please re-size your picture or I shall be forced to delete it :lol: :wink:
Sorry I dont know how to. Mrgnu hasnt taught me how to resize to 2 inches yet.

Delete away mate. :cheers:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:Basil, please re-size your picture or I shall be forced to delete it :lol: :wink:
Sorry I dont know how to. Mrgnu hasnt taught me how to resize to 2 inches yet.

Delete away mate. :cheers:
If you open yourself to the powers of the **** he'll show you how to increase it's size by nearly two thou :lol:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

IHH,

The comment I refer to as tongue in cheek was my attempt at being witty about Spudmasher's promotion. Just me trying to be funny as usual.

I don't think I have mentioned at all that the sanitising of this forum is down to the moderation have I? To be clear, the forum has allowed itself to become the bastian of all things lovely due to the fact many users now believe in free speech as long as that free speech shares their view.

Some of us do not want to live in this nicely nicely dont tread on anyones toes society and prefer calling a spade a spade and be done with it! We used to be able to have fucking cracking debates and banter on here but now we all have to mind our P's and Q's in case someone, somewhere gets the slight arse. Kind of defeats the point of a forum when you cannot express your true opinion.

Yeah maybe my input has been diluted Hlebby and maybe I don't contribute as much good stuff anymore but then again, just maybe, I don't bother because what I want to say often doesn't fit in with the dynamics of here anymore. So sure point out that I have a laugh with DS among others like Digger etc but it was easy to see they were my type of people. Honest, outspoken and frankly not fussed what others thought. Bit of a breath of fresh air to be honest.

I think I could still show that my serious input is well above many on here. I also think that if you wanna pick holes in how I use the forum then I am suprised not to have seen you comment on a man whose only contribution seems to be saying "Fuck my ole boots", exposing himself and pictures of vegetables!

I joined The Herd forum today as it may well be I am better suited to there. One thing I did like though was the fact they warn potential users that it can be a rocky ride in there. I know the horse has bolted but I wish that had happened here. Sure join if you like but if it isn't quite what you want then tough. What has happened here is that someone joins, adds nothing, then complains about the place and we all have to change our ways to suit. But hey ho thats the state of the nation as a whole so why should here be any different?

Right, there said my bit and hope all is clear now.

8)

gus ceasar is a legend

gooner.ed wrote:if the guys were trying to get banned, then basically, it comes down to attention seeking. if you want the situation to be that you are not part of the forum, you can achieve that without being banned. simply don't post. if there are better forums that give you what you want, then post there instead.

i can't vouch for the enjoyment anyone gets from the forum. it is what its contributors make it, for better or worse. i am not aware of greater sanitisation on the part of mods. in fact, i think even more is let go now because everyone is very clear of what the boundaries are with the possible exception of the anti-semitic debate.

are there any more liberal arsenal forums than this one, aside from the herd - where you have to be approved before you can take part?
To be honest I think calling me an attention seeker is a little strong!

I could level that accusation at two of your latest moderators when they put titty pics up (not having a dig guys).

I would also refer you to the **** situation if you want attention seeking but I don't see that chastised?

Maybe all forums have had to adopt a stricter code now but thats a shame as the much more liberal attitiude of several months back was its draw and attraction.

Oh fuck it aint gonna get dragged into a row here. It is my opinion that's all!

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:I also think that if you wanna pick holes in how I use the forum then I am suprised not to have seen you comment on a man whose only contribution seems to be saying "Fuck my ole boots", exposing himself and pictures of vegetables!
Wrong on that one on both counts Gus. Firstly, I wasn't 'trying to pick holes in how you use the forum', just stating that if you were complaining about the quality of the threads, I was in total agreement. However, you had also been a party to it - thus the ds example.

Secondly, on criticising ****:

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're becoming predictable now Mr ****. Time you tried posting something more original and perhaps even a little bit interesting, me thinks

I had a pop at Mrgnu's contributions on more than one occasion in the early days, yet others seemed to enjoy the old nutter and that just encouraged him. God knows why. :roll: Therefore I choose more often than not to just ignore any of his threads and posts. And trust me, I'm all the better for it!! 8) :lol: :wink:
Last edited by I Hate Hleb on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basil is a Gooner

Sorry for my pic making it hard to read the thread.

If a mod wants to delete thats fine with me.

(keep the mizznaughty one tho). :wink:

gus ceasar is a legend

I Hate Hleb wrote:
gus ceasar is a legend wrote:I also think that if you wanna pick holes in how I use the forum then I am suprised not to have seen you comment on a man whose only contribution seems to be saying "Fuck my ole boots", exposing himself and pictures of vegetables!
Wrong on that one on both counts Gus. Firstly, I wasn't 'trying to pick holes in how you use the forum', just stating that if you were complaining about the quality of the threads, I was in total agreement. However, you had also been a party to it - thus the ds example.

Secondly, on criticising ****:

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're becoming predictable now Mr ****. Time you tried posting something more original and perhaps even a little bit interesting, me thinks

I had a pop at Mrgnu's contributions on more than one occasion in the early days, yet others seemed to enjoy the old nutter and that just encouraged him. God knows why. :roll: Therefore I choose more often than not to just ignore any of his threads and posts. And trust me, I'm all the better for it!! 8) :lol: :wink:
I could point out that you was wrong in the way you took my comment to Hlebby but is this really about point scoring? Wrong also about your assumption that I was accusing the moderators of sanitising.

Your choice of phrase "you are wrong" is typical of here now. Now debate, no discussion, your wrong and thats that!

What I did try to explain is that my way of the forum may have changed is a direct response to the way it was going in general. Less decent stuff to join in with so you get dragged into the larky stuff, Personally I like a bit of both (left myself open with that phrase I know) but if the content isn't there and you still wanna pass time on the forum what are you to do?

Sorry I didn't reasearch back to May your feelings on ****.

Think this is getting to the stage where we could have a row so I will leave it at this.

Basil is a Gooner

To lighten the mood - its amazing how many green potato pics you can find if you put your mind to it..... :wink:

(took it out as its too big again :oops: )

augie

Post by augie »

People, we are fast getting to the point that even if the hosting company dont shut us down we will implode and kill off this forum anyway :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think we all need to take a step back from the edge here cos this in-house fighting aint good. To be honest I can see both points of view - when I joined it seemed like Gus, Rebel, Chunky. DBGooner, IHH, Tony Saunders, Spuddy & Wayno(sorry if I've left anyone out :oops: ) were the "in guys" and the craic was brilliant and the debates were deadly serious too. However things have changed a hell of a lot in the last 6 months or so as some of the older members have drifted away and have been replaced by newer members who have in turn taken on the dominant roles on this forum thus changing the direction or dynamics in the process. Opinions on whether these changes have been for the better will probably vary but most of us "older guys" will probably see it as a negative.

It should be remembered that it was only a few weeks ago many of us on here were complaining about the amount of bullshit and trolls that were on here and the call for more mods seemed to be unanimous. When two of the new mods (did I say traitors ? :wink: ) are two of the guys that we used to have the most craic with on here (rebel and spuddy) then you do worry that for us "commoners" there will be less like minded members to have the craic and banter with :cry: I dont know if the forum is being policed any differently now than what it was though and I hope that wont change.

I would also like to say that I too am firmly in the anti pc brigade up to a certain point anyway. I agree that with freedom comes responsibilities but I dont believe that we have abused that with the exception of one or two things that went a bit far maybe. I think the whole incident that caused this site to be shut down before still hangs over us like a dark cloud cos you are always reminded that one persons vindictiveness combined with mis-information could see us shut down again in the blink of an eye even though we had done nothing wrong.

Can I just finish up by appealling to Gus and Wayno not to jump ship on us ? I have always enjoyed the craic with you guys and have found myself shoulder to shoulder with Gus on many occasions as we fought the good realism fight against those nasty rose tinted (but clearly dilusional) crew :wink: This place has already lost many good members and could do without losing two more so can I say that if ye care enough to get angry at some things going on here then this forum obviously means a lot to you guys and if so why not stick around and help the rest of us to get it back on track cos it is far easier to change things from the inside than from the outside