SPUDMASHER'S NAME HAS TURNED GREEN!!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Galasso

Post by Galasso »

I think it's a combination of many issues, one of which (just the first which comes to mind) is the increase in size of the forum from where it was last year.

Perhaps threads do not tend to get explored enough with the rampant introduction of new threads or good points get lost with the numbers of replies.

augie

Post by augie »

Galasso wrote:I think it's a combination of many issues, one of which (just the first which comes to mind) is the increase in size of the forum from where it was last year.

Perhaps threads do not tend to get explored enough with the rampant introduction of new threads or good points get lost with the numbers of replies.

Very valid point there

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
gus ceasar is a legend wrote:I also think that if you wanna pick holes in how I use the forum then I am suprised not to have seen you comment on a man whose only contribution seems to be saying "Fuck my ole boots", exposing himself and pictures of vegetables!
Wrong on that one on both counts Gus. Firstly, I wasn't 'trying to pick holes in how you use the forum', just stating that if you were complaining about the quality of the threads, I was in total agreement. However, you had also been a party to it - thus the ds example.

Secondly, on criticising ****:

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're becoming predictable now Mr ****. Time you tried posting something more original and perhaps even a little bit interesting, me thinks

I had a pop at Mrgnu's contributions on more than one occasion in the early days, yet others seemed to enjoy the old nutter and that just encouraged him. God knows why. :roll: Therefore I choose more often than not to just ignore any of his threads and posts. And trust me, I'm all the better for it!! 8) :lol: :wink:
I could point out that you was wrong in the way you took my comment to Hlebby but is this really about point scoring? Wrong also about your assumption that I was accusing the moderators of sanitising.

Your choice of phrase "you are wrong" is typical of here now. Now debate, no discussion, your wrong and thats that!

What I did try to explain is that my way of the forum may have changed is a direct response to the way it was going in general. Less decent stuff to join in with so you get dragged into the larky stuff, Personally I like a bit of both (left myself open with that phrase I know) but if the content isn't there and you still wanna pass time on the forum what are you to do?

Sorry I didn't reasearch back to May your feelings on ****.

Think this is getting to the stage where we could have a row so I will leave it at this.
Jesus Christ Gus, no-one was point scoring!! You really are taking everything written literally and as if a personal dig at you rather than an explaination. :roll: In my first post I questioned why you were disheartened and mainly praised your contribution to the forum, yet because I also mentioned exchanges with ds, you thought I was 'picking holes' in how you use the forum.

Next you implied I hadn't criticised **** and I showed you that I had and very early on in his 'reign'. I knew I had so no deep research was required. Just pressed on search, put in the words Mrgnu and I Hate Hleb and up it came. Now I can't even write the words 'your wrong' without being associated with everything that is now typically bad about the forum. :roll:

Yes the forum has changed - and not for the better in my opinion - yet in seemed in your earlier posts as if you were blaming the mods for it, especially with words like 'sanitising' and 'towing the party line'. I apologise if I was wrong about that, but the truth is I still don't know who or what you think is to blame for it.

Like you, I don't want to get into an unnecessary row so I will also leave it at this. :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

augie wrote:People, we are fast getting to the point that even if the hosting company dont shut us down we will implode and kill off this forum anyway :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think we all need to take a step back from the edge here cos this in-house fighting aint good. To be honest I can see both points of view - when I joined it seemed like Gus, Rebel, Chunky. DBGooner, IHH, Tony Saunders, Spuddy & Wayno(sorry if I've left anyone out :oops: ) were the "in guys" and the craic was brilliant and the debates were deadly serious too. However things have changed a hell of a lot in the last 6 months or so as some of the older members have drifted away and have been replaced by newer members who have in turn taken on the dominant roles on this forum thus changing the direction or dynamics in the process. Opinions on whether these changes have been for the better will probably vary but most of us "older guys" will probably see it as a negative.

It should be remembered that it was only a few weeks ago many of us on here were complaining about the amount of bullshit and trolls that were on here and the call for more mods seemed to be unanimous. When two of the new mods (did I say traitors ? :wink: ) are two of the guys that we used to have the most craic with on here (rebel and spuddy) then you do worry that for us "commoners" there will be less like minded members to have the craic and banter with :cry: I dont know if the forum is being policed any differently now than what it was though and I hope that wont change.

I would also like to say that I too am firmly in the anti pc brigade up to a certain point anyway. I agree that with freedom comes responsibilities but I dont believe that we have abused that with the exception of one or two things that went a bit far maybe. I think the whole incident that caused this site to be shut down before still hangs over us like a dark cloud cos you are always reminded that one persons vindictiveness combined with mis-information could see us shut down again in the blink of an eye even though we had done nothing wrong.

Can I just finish up by appealling to Gus and Wayno not to jump ship on us ? I have always enjoyed the craic with you guys and have found myself shoulder to shoulder with Gus on many occasions as we fought the good realism fight against those nasty rose tinted (but clearly dilusional) crew :wink: This place has already lost many good members and could do without losing two more so can I say that if ye care enough to get angry at some things going on here then this forum obviously means a lot to you guys and if so why not stick around and help the rest of us to get it back on track cos it is far easier to change things from the inside than from the outside
I agree with every word of this and would add my plea to Gus and Wayno not to jump ship by stay and fight the bad fight. :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Chippy wrote:
augie wrote:People, we are fast getting to the point that even if the hosting company dont shut us down we will implode and kill off this forum anyway :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think we all need to take a step back from the edge here cos this in-house fighting aint good. To be honest I can see both points of view - when I joined it seemed like Gus, Rebel, Chunky. DBGooner, IHH, Tony Saunders, Spuddy & Wayno(sorry if I've left anyone out :oops: ) were the "in guys" and the craic was brilliant and the debates were deadly serious too. However things have changed a hell of a lot in the last 6 months or so as some of the older members have drifted away and have been replaced by newer members who have in turn taken on the dominant roles on this forum thus changing the direction or dynamics in the process. Opinions on whether these changes have been for the better will probably vary but most of us "older guys" will probably see it as a negative.

It should be remembered that it was only a few weeks ago many of us on here were complaining about the amount of bullshit and trolls that were on here and the call for more mods seemed to be unanimous. When two of the new mods (did I say traitors ? :wink: ) are two of the guys that we used to have the most craic with on here (rebel and spuddy) then you do worry that for us "commoners" there will be less like minded members to have the craic and banter with :cry: I dont know if the forum is being policed any differently now than what it was though and I hope that wont change.

I would also like to say that I too am firmly in the anti pc brigade up to a certain point anyway. I agree that with freedom comes responsibilities but I dont believe that we have abused that with the exception of one or two things that went a bit far maybe. I think the whole incident that caused this site to be shut down before still hangs over us like a dark cloud cos you are always reminded that one persons vindictiveness combined with mis-information could see us shut down again in the blink of an eye even though we had done nothing wrong.

Can I just finish up by appealling to Gus and Wayno not to jump ship on us ? I have always enjoyed the craic with you guys and have found myself shoulder to shoulder with Gus on many occasions as we fought the good realism fight against those nasty rose tinted (but clearly dilusional) crew :wink: This place has already lost many good members and could do without losing two more so can I say that if ye care enough to get angry at some things going on here then this forum obviously means a lot to you guys and if so why not stick around and help the rest of us to get it back on track cos it is far easier to change things from the inside than from the outside
I agree with every word of this and would add my plea to Gus and Wayno not to jump ship by stay and fight the bad fight. :wink:
Having just read this I totally agree Chippy and well written Augie