Take Away Food

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

What type of take away do you use apart from a fish and chip shop

Kebab
17%
Burger place
3%
Pizza and other Italian stuff
7%
Pizza and other Italian stuff
7%
Proper cafe serving a full English type of thing
No votes
Sandwich bar with posh sarnies
3%
Chinky
38%
Other (let me know in your reply ta)
24%

Total votes: 29

stg

Post by stg »

Whay are take aways called take aways. The words TAKE AWAY imply that you have taken it while infact you have paid for it it so shouldnt the be "brought aways" or "paid aways"?

tomkingsbury

Post by tomkingsbury »

stg wrote:Whay are take aways called take aways. The words TAKE AWAY imply that you have taken it while infact you have paid for it it so shouldnt the be "brought aways" or "paid aways"?
buyt when u have paid money and been handed the tray/box/shit etc. you are taking it away - im not really sure why im explaining this as im sure u know this and were just beeing amusing!! :oops: :roll: :wink:

anyway, if ur buying a take away 'eddie' how about going for a sandwich shop or somehitn, seein evone is so health conscious these days?? failing that id got for a kebab as they seem to do well

Queenie

Post by Queenie »

Chicken kebabs are actually extremely healthy. If you think think about it they consist of chicken breast, salad and olive oil. Pretty good really and if served up in a new age posh nosh type of outlet they would probably caost about £12. Go to your local kebab house and they are £5. Good food, and a bargain to boot :lol:

NBM

Post by NBM »

Queenie wrote:Chicken kebabs are actually extremely healthy. If you think think about it they consist of chicken breast, salad and olive oil. Pretty good really and if served up in a new age posh nosh type of outlet they would probably caost about £12. Go to your local kebab house and they are £5. Good food, and a bargain to boot :lol:
What about Donner then? Same principle but with "mystery meat"!

stg

Post by stg »

Queenie wrote:Chicken kebabs are actually extremely healthy. If you think think about it they consist of chicken breast, salad and olive oil. Pretty good really and if served up in a new age posh nosh type of outlet they would probably caost about £12. Go to your local kebab house and they are £5. Good food, and a bargain to boot :lol:
Have you been to a kebab factory???????

There used to be one round the back of Edmonton and I dont remember seeing much chicken breast being used there.

My rule of thumb for kebab houses-only go to one that has just reopend after shut down by the enviromental health office

Queenie

Post by Queenie »

If you want to know whats in them you are a very brave person.

I really love tortillas actually. Nice spicy peppers, onions etc. tough to beat. Obviously I only ever get the old el paso ones as there are no mexican restaurants in my part of the UK. Those new ones in breadcrumbs are fucking ransid.

Queenie

Post by Queenie »

stg wrote:
Have you been to a kebab factory???????

There used to be one round the back of Edmonton and I dont remember seeing much chicken breast being used there.

My rule of thumb for kebab houses-only go to one that has just reopend after shut down by the enviromental health office
Chicken kebabs are fine. The other stuff, thats on a spit, I wouldn't feed to Steary :lol:

tomkingsbury

Post by tomkingsbury »

actually queenie is quite right, most kebabs if cooked correctly and using the correct meat is very healthy for you - uv got the salad and veg and then the meat - if done properly, is marinated with spices and herbs, but also the meat is good quality.

unfortunately, most kebab houses prob dont use the top quality meat we come to expect. ive personally been put off kebabs by a story my mate told me once!!

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Indian
Chinese
Thai
Salt Beef sandwich
Kebab (but unlike my friend from a previous anecdote, I do not fall asleep and let the donner juice dribble over my sheets and stain the duvet!)
Last edited by QuartzGooner on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

QuartzGooner wrote:Indian
Chinese
Thai
Salt Beef sandwich
Kebab (but unlike my friend from a previous anecdote, I do not fall asleep and let the donner juice dribble over my sheets and stain the divert!)
Then you're clearly not eating it right, Quartz... :lol:

MizzNaughty

Post by MizzNaughty »

indian food without a doubt

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I used to work for the company that owned KFC. Lots of franchisees and they make a packet!!

http://www.kfc.co.uk/about/franchise.aspx

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Talad Thai, Upper Richmond Road, Putney London.

Just across the road from me. Top place. I included it as chinese because it basically does that sort of stuff.

Green chicken curry with rice. Pomegranate juice. Every day i'm at home for lunch. Ahhhhh...

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

SWLGooner wrote:Talad Thai, Upper Richmond Road, Putney London.

Just across the road from me. Top place. I included it as chinese because it basically does that sort of stuff.

Green chicken curry with rice. Pomegranate juice. Every day i'm at home for lunch. Ahhhhh...
Green chicken curry with rice is superb.

Lemon chicken with rice is too.

This is making me hungry just thinking about it.

Gooner1315

Post by Gooner1315 »

Sandwich shop, baguettes etc etc, does'nt cost alot of money and you make a massive profit on everyone sold. My uncle has a share in one and lets just say his wage from that is quite impressive. You make all the fillings your self, fresh everyday and people will love it.