Hi all you Gunner fans!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:This shit is getting really boring now. Seriously, I enjoy the pisstake as much as the next handsome bastard but it's gonna get to the stage where we are going to piss every new member off by accusing them of being some other fuckwit's alter-ego. :oops: :roll:

Man, I'd hate to be a newbie starting out on here with all this bollixwank going on... :?
Well said DB.

Its gone way beyond boring, and it's certainly changed my feelings toward the place. I won't stop posting here though, as I've nothing better to do :wink: :lol:
:lol:
Quality 88. 8)

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

alter-egos in themselves are harmless, but they have been used for trolling, which can lead us into hot water.

there are some serious thoughts going on by the owner of the site of whether or not it's worth the risk of continuing the forum. the reason being that if the forum is pulled by the hosting company, then the main part of the site goes offline too.

although that is less important to many of you, the man who pays the bills has different priorities. so just a word not to push the boundaries too far. he's more likely to just take the forum offline than ban individual users.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Yes I have noticed that Mike has been logging on quite a bit over the past few evenings. I think we are all agreed that we do not want the forum to be pulled. I will do my bit by not posting illegal pictures anymore. The alter ego's were supposed to be fun and not offensive, I will retire mine but whether Spuddy will retire Queenie, Hugh Jardon & slag remains to be seen :wink: .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

There's the warning folks. It's up to us now. Forum or no forum... you choose.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

DB10GOONER wrote:There's the warning folks. It's up to us now. Forum or no forum... you choose.
Can I phone a friend :roll: :wink:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I have to say that apart from the Friday night episode I have seen little or nothing since that would warrant a slap on the wrist from a hosting company let alone taking it of air.

As luck would have it, I work for the biggest data centre company in Europe and we also have a hosting branch. I know one of the guys who works in there so I may send the link for the forum to him to see if he can send me some guidelines or advice on possible breaches etc.

Anyhow nobody wants the forum to go but I think we are panicing slightly.

8)

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote: Anyhow nobody wants the forum to go but I think we are panicing slightly.

i think the issue is that the friday night incident was alcohol induced. once members get a bit pissed they take chances they might not when sober - both in the real world and on the forum.

stuff has been posted before when people have got a bit pissed, so it's not as if it is the first time.

there is also a view from upstairs that the forum had indeed changed for the worse and is not what it was set up to be. however, i'll grant you that why it is thought to be worse might not be for the same reasons some of the members think it's declined.

anyway, i'm not having a go at anyone, just putting people in the picture. i accept that if anyone feels the forum has become dull then they will use others. fair enough. i'd rather that happen than this one just disappear for those that still find it a place worth posting.

i do think those that might find it restrictive here might enjoy the herd forum. as you have to be approved there, then it's a lot more anything goes once you are in.

http://www.wearetheherd.com/forum/

pixie

Post by pixie »

The Herd is a locked forum isn`t it?? Not that I want to join, just want to make the point that anyone can view posts on this forum, including kids. Just google search "gooner chat" and this forum is the first entry.