Spreadable butter

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Olgit said

" Keep a pack of PROPER butter in the fridge. This stuff is the dogs bollocks. Does not contain E numbers. And is bloody lovely on toast. "

See!! SEE!!!

We MEN DO Know what IS Important!....trying telling that to a Feckin' woman and she'll say 'Oh but it's bad for your heart etc etc'

Yes...well on occasions So the FECK are YOU!...Nw where's the Remote...The match is on!???? :banghead:

Aaah! (sigh) I can see you have cottoned on to my thread of thinking there fellow Gooners!....eventually the Anger and Frustration from last season has got to come out!.....

Now where was I???

Aaah yes, Toast.

Now then is it: Sliced or Unsliced (that you can cut yourself and make Big Thick Pieces with - that just about fit in the Toaster!)?

And then! Is it White (Proper Heavy White Bread NOT! the stuff that passes for chewing gum when you take a bite out of it!)

Is it Brown Bread (Wholemeal - no seeds or nutty bits etc)

Is it Granary (the stuff with canary seeds etc in)

And THEN! Aaaah Yes ! THEN....How much do you Toast It!

Lightly Browned? (neither toast or untoasted)

Toasted (so you know it's had something done to it)

Well Toasted (So it's crunchy when you bite into it and the smell of the butter on it is making you dribble!)

Very Well Toasted (Black around the crust etc) Yet not carbon dust so that it tastes like eating Burnt Wood!?

And then do you let it Cool Slightly? Totally? or Not At All!?

Aaaaaah The vageries of Toast eh!!! :D

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

White
crusty
one inch thick
golden brown
proper butter(lots of)

Now the other question which has not been addressed is what do you like on your toast (except for butter, of course).

Jam
honey
marmalade
eggs
cheese
tomatoes
mushrooms
peanut butter
chocolate spread

or maybe just extra butter. :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

olgitgooner wrote:White
crusty
one inch thick
golden brown
proper butter(lots of)

Now the other question which has not been addressed is what do you like on your toast (except for butter, of course).

Jam
honey
marmalade
eggs
cheese
tomatoes
mushrooms
peanut butter
chocolate spread

or maybe just extra butter. :D
Thats easier and softer to spread :lol:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

OneBardGooner wrote:Olgit said

" Keep a pack of PROPER butter in the fridge. This stuff is the dogs bollocks. Does not contain E numbers. And is bloody lovely on toast. "

See!! SEE!!!

We MEN DO Know what IS Important!....trying telling that to a Feckin' woman and she'll say 'Oh but it's bad for your heart etc etc'

Yes...well on occasions So the FECK are YOU!...Nw where's the Remote...The match is on!???? :banghead:

Aaah! (sigh) I can see you have cottoned on to my thread of thinking there fellow Gooners!....eventually the Anger and Frustration from last season has got to come out!.....

Now where was I???

Aaah yes, Toast.

Now then is it: Sliced or Unsliced (that you can cut yourself and make Big Thick Pieces with - that just about fit in the Toaster!)?

And then! Is it White (Proper Heavy White Bread NOT! the stuff that passes for chewing gum when you take a bite out of it!)

Well Toasted (So it's crunchy when you bite into it and the smell of the butter on it is making you dribble!)

Very Well Toasted (Black around the crust etc) Yet not carbon dust so that it tastes like eating Burnt Wood!?

One Bard... :lol:

Reading your post has reminded me of the following song from the 70's do you remember it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJmKStqugMc

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I'm gobsmacked, Frank.

The Toast song's singer was a very young Paul Young!

Ya learn something new every day.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

olgitgooner wrote:I'm gobsmacked, Frank.

The Toast song's singer was a very young Paul Young!

Ya learn something new every day.
Kev, I did actually used to know that, but only remembered when I saw the song again. It must have been before his Q-Tips era... (I must be getting old also) :?

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Blimey, I think we've started something, a whole raft of songs about bread, toast in tribute to McD42.... :lol:

Couple of things about your clip, the lead singer looks like Max Headroom and has he... hmmm, got something caught in his flies to sing as high pitched as that.... :? :lol: :lol:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Found another Toast song, not as good as Paul Young's classic version though IMO.... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrF_K1w2haE

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

franksav63 wrote:
Blimey, I think we've started something, a whole raft of songs about bread, toast in tribute to McD42.... :lol:

Couple of things about your clip, the lead singer looks like Max Headroom and has he... hmmm, got something caught in his flies to sing as high pitched as that.... :? :lol: :lol:
The lead singer looks like a rather gay Max Headroom, to me.

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

olgitgooner wrote:
franksav63 wrote:

The lead singer looks like a rather gay Max Headroom, to me.
Yes, extremely.... :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

franksav63 wrote:

See!! SEE!!!

Now where was I???

Aaah yes, Toast.

Reading your post has reminded me of the following song from the 70's do you remember it?

Feck I'd forgotten that!!..jeeezuss Paul Young looks sooo well 'young'....tell you what reading all these posts about Toast and Sausages has inspred me to have Toasted Sausage Sandwiche - Loads of Butter and RED SAUCE! Oh! Yussss! mmmmmmmmm sllurrrppp! :wink:

I can't remember the name of the song or group but the lyrics went something like:

Well, I like Bread and Butter
S/he likes toast and Jam

sorry that's all I can remember....

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
franksav63 wrote:

See!! SEE!!!

Now where was I???

Aaah yes, Toast.

Feck I'd forgotten that!!..jeeezuss Paul Young looks sooo well 'young'....tell you what reading all these posts about Toast and Sausages has inspred me to have Toasted Sausage Sandwiche - Loads of Butter and RED SAUCE! Oh! Yussss! mmmmmmmmm sllurrrppp! :wink:

I can't remember the name of the song or group but the lyrics went something like:

Well, I like Bread and Butter
S/he likes toast and Jam

sorry that's all I can remember....
Onebard, Oldgit mentioned it above, it's by The Newbeats...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m1cP0ez_S8

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Do you know when i started this thread i thought to myself that i would be lucky to get a few replies but i think i have created a monster all because the butter didnt do what it said on the packet.Now we have guys making music and films about this topic.I expect to get any royalties made on this venture.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:Do you know when i started this thread i thought to myself that i would be lucky to get a few replies but i think i have created a monster all because the butter didnt do what it said on the packet.Now we have guys making music and films about this topic.I expect to get any royalties made on this venture.
Mac, you have become an onlinegooner legend! :D