What is the connection?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:........

Connection 3

Derby County and a certain game in the 1920s threw up an unusual goal. Can anyone tell me who scored this unusual goal and why was it unusual?

A wee clue....it has never been done since.
Was it the last time that Eboue scored a goal/didn't take a dive? :? :? :lol: :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:Red Snapper fuck off if you dont care :lol:

Connection 3

Derby County and a certain game in the 1920s threw up an unusual goal. Can anyone tell me who scored this unusual goal and why was it unusual?

Did it hit a beach ball on the way in? . . . . . oh shit :banghead:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Connection 3

OK, I`m interested in the answer to this one so I won`t fuck off just yet :-P

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Did a dog run on the pitch, grab the ball and drop it in the goal? Did someone hit a shot so hard it hit the crossbar and flew into the goal at the other end? Did the ref get bored and nod in a far post corner? Did a goalkeeper hoof a clearance that caught on a strong wind and blew back over his head into the goal? If it`s that last one, it happened to me in Bethune Park in 1973.

stg

Post by stg »

Bethune Park

Red is that the same Bethune park in new southgate/friary park area?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Connection 3

Horseface scored from outside the box?

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Was it when somebody in the crowd blew a whistle, then an Arsenal player thought it was the end of the match, then scored past his own goalkeeper? :?

stg

Post by stg »

Connection 3

any chance of another clue?

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

stg wrote:Bethune Park

Red is that the same Bethune park in new southgate/friary park area?
Absolutely stg. I played for Malt and Hops who had a pitch there, next to the pitch and put. Footballs a glamorous game init? :D

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

stg wrote:

Connection 3

any chance of another clue?
This must be tough if stg needs a clue :wink:

northbankgooner

Post by northbankgooner »

complete guess...someone scored straight from a throw-in?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Connection 3

Did Derby Captain, Pip "Tally-Ho" Botherington-Smythe announce grandly that he was off to Africa to give the blasted fuzzy wuzzy's a damned good thrashing? Arsenal winger, Flight Commander Cyril "Buzzy" Snodgrass was so shocked that he miskicked into his own goal past the damned forlorn Arsenal keeper of the day, Giles "Slightly Irish" Montgomery.

But alas, I tarry - I am presently engaged in giving the scullery maid a bally good seeing to! Huzzah!

Oh, I say – it appears that I have just fired the old wad within the confines of said scullery maid’s nether regions! Oh well, another little bastard running around the village.

As to Botherington-Smythe's latter career - I’m hopeful that Johnny Foreigner got a sound thrashing (ably supervised by one of England’s finest of course - as the very notion of an Englishman doing menial labour is simply too ghastly to comprehend; that's what we have the bally Irish for!)

What-ho! Here comes the upstairs maid! Chocks away! Prepare for boarders!

:wink:

stg

Post by stg »

Red-I used to drink in the malt & hops in the mid to late 80's. I used to live just down the road in woodside park.

Even my Derby mate doesnt know the answer and I have lost my Arsenal record book so cant even look it up

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

stg wrote:Red-I used to drink in the malt & hops in the mid to late 80's. I used to live just down the road in woodside park.

Even my Derby mate doesnt know the answer and I have lost my Arsenal record book so cant even look it up
I`ve looked in my Arsenal record book but to no avail! We used to drink in the Malt and Hops up until we all started getting married in the mid 70`s so before your time stg. We live in Friern Barnet and always have.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Red Snapper wrote:What is the connection?

I don`t care.
Blimey R.S. for someone who doesn't care... you're sure posted some replies on this thread... :wink: :lol: :lol: