some advice needed (Re: loans)

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
SCREAM AIM FIRE

some advice needed (Re: loans)

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

just a quick one...
can loan companies sell your loan on even though you have never missed a payment? :?

cheers.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

me thinks ya gonna get a "VISIT" from "THE BOYS" :shock: :shock:

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

Yes they can. They don't necessarily sell loans based on whether you default or not.

Their business model may no longer be sustainable (how topical!) so they may want to get as much cash as possible now (to service their own debt) and sacrifice receiving the full amount from its debtors in the future.

SCREAM AIM FIRE

cheers. mate :( thought i might of got lucky then :(

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

Sorry mate. All this means is that you owe the debt to the new creditor i.e. the company that bought the loan off the people who gave you the loan in the first place. You're still in debt and must continue to make the payments!

SCREAM AIM FIRE

shouldnt of i had some sort of letter informing me of this? surely theyhave to let me know if im gonna have some *word censored* knock on my mums door and tell her i have a week to come up with tripple the amount i originally borrowed lol

SCREAM AIM FIRE

ok nevermind, just checked the details from my bank statement and the account number that i started the account with got changed so thats why the old account was stated as settled.

damn thought i got lucky :lol: