THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
StuartL

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Postby StuartL » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:34 am

For any Who fans. 8)

phpBB [video]
I had a shuddering recollection of “Highbury High’s “ for a moment and feared it was that.
What an awful embarrassing crass fake saccharine moment that was. :oops: Fucking awful song from a man that sang on some absolute classics. :oops:

The only thing that would have made "Highbury Highs" worse that day was if Wenger had jumped up and grabbed the mic and done some slow rhythmic pelvic gyrations while belting out a chorus or two.... :shock:

:puke:
Don’t, just don’t do that to me - of all Wenkers missed opportunities, he probably ranks that above not signing Ronaldo and Messi

Block93

Postby Block93 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:34 pm

Have to agree. Neil Young = Genius. :barscarf: 8)
Don't always agree with your views on Arsenal, but probably both agree that Neil Young is a lot better than Willie Young, both as a songwriter and guitarist, and maybe as a footballer too....

Was just downloading some tunes and listening to some really crap stuff from the Stills/Young duo collaboration era, and came across an absolute gem, in 'Long May You Run', Really great Young song, don't bother with the album. It is the song Peter Paul and Mary should have recorded, and they could play and sing great melodies. If you don't know it, have a listen.

OneBardGooner

Postby OneBardGooner » Fri May 10, 2019 6:52 pm

A musician at the top of his game. 8)

phpBB [video]

StuartL

Postby StuartL » Mon May 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Off to see the Undertones Thursday evening, (no Fergal Sharkey in it anymore) with support from the great Neville Staple (Specials) who I have seen many times and always puts on a great, energetic show. His Mrs Christine is a Gooner too :barscarf:

StuartL

Postby StuartL » Fri May 17, 2019 8:58 am

Off to see the Undertones Thursday evening, (no Fergal Sharkey in it anymore) with support from the great Neville Staple (Specials) who I have seen many times and always puts on a great, energetic show. His Mrs Christine is a Gooner too :barscarf:

Undertones were awesome -loved the show full of energy.

Sadly,Neville is a shadow of his former self, hardly moves at all during his performance - did a good set of specials hits and the odd FB3 hit but not at the top of his game anymore.

Return to “The Cannonballs”