THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
A11M11
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by A11M11 »

Nice, soporiphic .

User avatar
Herd
Posts: 6176
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:00 am

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by Herd »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:39 am
WHOAAAH!

Okay Stop Whatever The Fuckk It Is You Are Doing..


And Listen To This: You Won't Regret It.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qf_aytrlpQ 8)
Haunting version of a great song ,what is it with woman called Beth ?
I was haunted for years by another Beth (Gibbons) ,just when I thought I was "Over" her I happened to be in NYC visiting our head office and I saw Portishead were playing at the old Roseland dancehalls a great place where in the years gone by I have seen PIL,Soft Cell and ,the Beat ! I managed to blag my way in to find them with a full orchestra ………..Once again she fucked with my head leading to further years off utter insanity !

robbo10
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 pm
On my commute yesterday and today I've been re-listening to an old favourite album "The Real Thing" by Faith No More. A seminal 90s album (though it was released in 89) I had forgotten how good it actually was and is.... i remember them absolutely blowing Guns n Roses off the stage at Slane back in the day..... have it you cùnts!

:barscarf:

♩♪ ♫ ♬ SURPRISE - YOU'RE DEAD!!♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

:barscarf:
Just announced a tour for next year in the UK,I remember Wembley 92 or 93, they pissed over Guns that day too,it was about 98 degrees and I was fucked,seen them a few times,with and without Big Jim,that band made some of the fattest geetar riffs since Sabbath,saw them with L7 at Brixton as well,that was a messy one

Been listening to a Bluegrass singer recently called Tyler Childers,I havent heard new music like it for years,Its not eveyones cup of tea but he sings with passion and energy I hadnt heard for ages,great lyricist too,well worth a check for something totally different

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28413
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

8) 8) 8) 8)

Check these Dudes Out Dudes !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3AS7ZapUDc


:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Touring Ireland & England in February 2020 :barscarf:

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by StuartL »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=s ... pp=desktop

I’ve only recently discovered The Interrupters.
Not really been convinced by the 3rd wave American ska scene but am loving these guys.
I was a huge fan of 2tone, which got me into the original ska music like Prince Buster, Toots and the Maytals, Skatalites, etc

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 47530
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

On my commute I've been listening to the brilliant new Trivium album which is heavy as fuck and a real return to form for one of my favourite metal bands. 8)

Also discovered a fantastic young British band called The Raven Age. Their guitarist is George Harris - the son of Iron Maiden bass player Steve Harris (!). Their album "Conspiracy" is amazing. If you like your metal a bit more melodic then give them a listen. Superb band. 8)

User avatar
shu
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Norwich

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by shu »

I quite enjoy the Grease soundtrack :barscarf:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28413
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:33 pm
I quite enjoy the Grease soundtrack :barscarf:
"Tell Me More" :D :wink:

User avatar
Midz
Posts: 2578
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:21 pm
shu wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:33 pm
I quite enjoy the Grease soundtrack :barscarf:
"Tell Me More" :D :wink:
"Was it love at first sight?"

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by StuartL »

Midz wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:08 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:21 pm
shu wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:33 pm
I quite enjoy the Grease soundtrack :barscarf:
"Tell Me More" :D :wink:
"Was it love at first sight?"
Did she put up a fight ?

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by StuartL »

For any Pink Floyd fans out there ( I know bard is )




https://www.facebook.com/pinkfloyd/phot ... tn__=EHH-R

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28413
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:49 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:08 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:21 pm
shu wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:33 pm
I quite enjoy the Grease soundtrack :barscarf:
"Tell Me More" :D :wink:
"Was it love at first sight?"
Did she put up a fight ?
Uh Hu

uh Hu

uh Hu!!! :D

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28413
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:03 pm
For any Pink Floyd fans out there ( I know bard is )




https://www.facebook.com/pinkfloyd/phot ... tn__=EHH-R
I don't 'do' facebook mate so it won't let me view it. :?

Is it Good or Bad News???? <fingers crossed for good!> :wink:

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:01 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:03 pm
For any Pink Floyd fans out there ( I know bard is )




https://www.facebook.com/pinkfloyd/phot ... tn__=EHH-R
I don't 'do' facebook mate so it won't let me view it. :?

Is it Good or Bad News???? <fingers crossed for good!> :wink:
It was a picture of the band posing for a football match (v roadies or whoever) and Roger Waters in an Arsenal away kit- looks like 71 cup final shirt, so all good, don’t panic :barscarf:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28413
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:01 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:03 pm
For any Pink Floyd fans out there ( I know bard is )




https://www.facebook.com/pinkfloyd/phot ... tn__=EHH-R
I don't 'do' facebook mate so it won't let me view it. :?

Is it Good or Bad News???? <fingers crossed for good!> :wink:
It was a picture of the band posing for a football match (v roadies or whoever) and Roger Waters in an Arsenal away kit- looks like 71 cup final shirt, so all good, don’t panic :barscarf:
8)

Yeah Roger Waters is a Gooner, when he did Desert Island Discs his luxury item was a TV & Satellite Dish so he could watch The Arsenal Games.
:barscarf:

Post Reply