Footballer apologizes for BNP vote!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Red107

Post by Red107 »

I very much doubt that he was suspended for just voting BNP. We won't find out the full story. There'll be more to it than just a vote.

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

Red107 wrote:I very much doubt that he was suspended for just voting BNP. We won't find out the full story. There'll be more to it than just a vote.
Exactly, he must have been going around boasting about it otherwise how would the club find out?

digger

Post by digger »

xDAVEYx wrote:banned for exercising his right to democracy, thats fucking shameful. i disagree with bnp policy an all levels and heckle those pushing that policy in the street, but even publishing the clubs action in the public domain is essentially condoning the withholding of free speech.

reasoning and democracy will (ideally) rid us of the griffin menace, not punishing someone for voting for them :banghead:
My thoughts exactly. I know people who voted for BNP - they all tend to be thick as fuck and don't really know what they're voting for "other than getting the fucking muzzers out". Ironically, at least one of these people has at least one foreign ("but they're white, innit") parent.

Voting in this country is anonymous; if you write your name on your voting slip, it won't be counted. Although certain organisations (like the Police) ban you from being a member of organisations like BNP/NF, I'm pretty sure you can't be sacked or prevented from attending work because you voted for BNP.

VforVictory

Post by VforVictory »

It is his right to vote for them, but it is Leicester's right to suspend him for unprofessional conduct.

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

VforVictory wrote:It is his right to vote for them, but it is Leicester's right to suspend him for unprofessional conduct.
that's assuming that he conducted himself in an unprofessional manner if/when confronted about his choice of vote. in which case, the other player(s) involved should also receive similar punishment. if the ban was a result of his vote then that's out of order, even though public sector workers may face similar action, what right has the football team to a) publicize the incident or b) dictate for whom an employee should and should not vote for in a secret ballot election?

i think anyone who votes bnp is a *word censored*, and so therefore it seems is he, but its no business of mine who he votes for or the daily mail's

VforVictory

Post by VforVictory »

xDAVEYx wrote:
VforVictory wrote:It is his right to vote for them, but it is Leicester's right to suspend him for unprofessional conduct.
that's assuming that he conducted himself in an unprofessional manner if/when confronted about his choice of vote.
i think anyone who votes bnp is a c**t, and so therefore it seems is he, but its no business of mine who he votes for or the daily mail's
Well if he apologised for his vote, it means he did vote for them, and so he must have told someone about it.

Publically admitting that vote is unprofessional, because as many posters above have said, Leicester have Black players so it will lead to less unity amongst the squad.

Same as John Terry. What he did was not illegal, but it lead to disharmony in the England squad.

pixie

Post by pixie »

There is a Wayne Brown who played Little League football with my son in the late 80`s. and turned professional. I think he signed for Fulham though, presumably this is a different Wayne Brown? :?

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

Leicester City are considering the future of defender Wayne Brown after an allegedly racially abusive outburst in the club's dressing room left his position in doubt.
Contrary to reports last week, it was not merely Brown's boast that he voted for the BNP at the General Election which enraged his team-mates, but the language and terms he used while doing so.

Having returned to the dressing room after training, where a discussion was taking place between a group of players about the election results, Brown first told a stunned, racially mixed group of players that he had voted for the BNP.
He was met with a volley of protest. But rather than defusing the situation, the player, born in Barking where BNP leader Nick Griffin was wiped out in the election by Labour's Margaret Hodge, and the party lost all its council seats, launched into an abuse attack on against ethnic minorities whom he claimed were 'killing this country'.
The reaction was furious and several players pointed out that, not only were Brown's phrases and views unacceptable, but that he had Asian, black and mixed-race colleagues.
Leicester boss Nigel Pearson suspended him for the play-off semi-finals, which the side lost to Cardiff City, and has made clear privately he no longer wishes Brown to be a part of his squad.
A statement from the club said: 'Any alleged incidents will be investigated and dealt with internally.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0o5GEAoBn

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

It is unacceptable to suspend a player for revealing he had voted for a legitimate party.

V4V it is not unprofessional to participate in a political discussion. It is not unprofessional to reveal you voted for the BNP. The players involved of whatever race should be able to handle the discussion. If we can't discuss the matter in full then how can prejudice attitudes be addressed?

The BNP are prejudice but they are legitimate. The way the media cover the party is in danger of creating a sympathy vote.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

why are we debating this - when did football ever relate to what happens in real life -

I am not fucking suprised...Footballers has really distanced themselves from people on the street

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

I've got a friend who voted for them by mistake, he didn't know who they were, he just put his x against the first name on the ballot paper, the silly *word censored*. we still take the piss out of him for it.

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

The truth is he is free to vote who he wants.
The truth is he's a C**T!!!!!!

would love to be a fly in the dressing room to see how he deals with certin players and Chris Powell who's a coach..

Shocking!!!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

There must be more to the story as otherwise Leicester would be in trouble as it's his right to vote for who he wants. I know it doesn't directly affect British politics but there didn't seem to be so much fuss made when Sinn Fein became an official party......but that's another can of worms entirely!! :shock:

VforVictory

Post by VforVictory »

Cockerill's chin wrote:It is unacceptable to suspend a player for revealing he had voted for a legitimate party.

V4V it is not unprofessional to participate in a political discussion. It is not unprofessional to reveal you voted for the BNP. The players involved of whatever race should be able to handle the discussion. If we can't discuss the matter in full then how can prejudice attitudes be addressed?

The BNP are prejudice but they are legitimate. The way the media cover the party is in danger of creating a sympathy vote.
Professional? To vote for a party that despises one's team mates because of their colour?

How is that professional?

MM99

Post by MM99 »

Cockerill's chin wrote:It is unacceptable to suspend a player for revealing he had voted for a legitimate party.

Did you miss GunnerDude's post above yours? It shows that the player didn't simply 'reveal he had voted for the BNP' as you put it but the language and the terms he used were the reason behind the outrage. So he didn't just politely and meekly say "oh by the way i voted for the BNP lads", he had used language that the other players objected to and was reason enough for them to have a "furious reaction".