Joe Cole is a greedy chav *word censored*!!!!!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Joe Cole is a greedy chav *word censored*!!!!!

Post by franksav63 »

Have heard (from a source) that Joe Cole is signing for us very soon. If so, does this spell the end for Rosicky as surely, we can't keep (or retain) stock piling players of this same ilk. :? :?
Last edited by franksav63 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

marcengels

Re: Joe Cole signs for us!!!!!

Post by marcengels »

franksav63 wrote:Have heard (from a source) that Joe Cole is signing for us very soon. If so, does this spell the end for Rosicky as surely, we can't keep (or retain) stock piling players of this same ilk. :? :?
****'y :?: :shock: :lol:

cant see us paying the wages Frank (I mean that level not any wages at all, altho... :oops: :lol: )

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

marcengels wrote:
franksav63 wrote:Have heard (from a source) that Joe Cole is signing for us very soon. If so, does this spell the end for Rosicky as surely, we can't keep (or retain) stock piling players of this same ilk. :? :?
****'y :?: :shock: :lol:

cant see us paying the wages Frank (I mean that level not any wages at all, altho... :oops: :lol: )
Exactly what I said when I heard it, but, all I can do is put it on here, he was very adamant (and no, this wasn't heard in a sherbet) :? :? :lol:

Post by 1989 »

Can he play in goal?

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

1989 wrote:Can he play in goal?
I also said that... :? :? :lol:

digger

Post by digger »

Wouldn't be a terrible buy... he can score goals from midfield. In fact.... he could be Fabregas' replacement :(

REB

Post by REB »

not doubting you frank its just i cant see it happening.
just doesnt seem to be wengers type , english :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Would not support the idea of this signing at all......another dwarf in a lightweight team :roll: The possible departures of cescand/or rosicky will still not validate signing joe cole imo and if this story was true it would add more fuel to the belief that wenger still cannot see the problems in this team much less actually go out and fix them :roll: :banghead:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

REBEL GOONER wrote:not doubting you frank its just i cant see it happening.
just doesnt seem to be wengers type , english :lol:
:lol:

True, but he's free, and that's definitely a (now) Wenger signing... :? :lol:

projoe

Post by projoe »

cant see it happening unfortunately, i rate joe cole highly, certainly a lot better than rosicky and walcott so id be delighted if your source is telling the truth :D

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

You been picking funny mushrooms, at center parc Frank??? :wink:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

goonersid wrote:
You been picking funny mushrooms, at center parc Frank??? :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You have the memory of an elephant Sid... :lol: :lol:

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

augie wrote:Would not support the idea of this signing at all......another dwarf in a lightweight team :roll: The possible departures of cescand/or rosicky will still not validate signing joe cole imo and if this story was true it would add more fuel to the belief that wenger still cannot see the problems in this team much less actually go out and fix them :roll: :banghead:
Not sure about that mate, if Cesc and Rosicky were to go then we would be losing some creativity in the middle of the park which Cole could add, plus I as much as he may be shortish, I don't think he's that lightweight, he played centre midfield for West Ham when he was younger.

I would say he's picked up a few injuries over the past couple of seasons and that would be a concern as that is the last thing we need, but IF that could be avoided (and with our track record...) I'd certainly take him as I think he's one of the few english players with actual talent.

Also to add to the point re where the errors are, yes they are gaps, but if talent is available regardless of the position should you turn it down ? If I recall a lot of people thought we were mad to sign Ian Wright was we were not exactly short up front at the time :wink:
Last edited by clockendal on Thu May 27, 2010 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

Frank, where did you hear this....this news is exciting, Joe Cole is an excellent player, and would work really well in one of the wide positions, off the forward! I hope its true!

It also means Walcott falls down the pecking order

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

clockendal wrote:
augie wrote:Would not support the idea of this signing at all......another dwarf in a lightweight team :roll: The possible departures of cescand/or rosicky will still not validate signing joe cole imo and if this story was true it would add more fuel to the belief that wenger still cannot see the problems in this team much less actually go out and fix them :roll: :banghead:
Not sure about that mate, if Cesc and Rosicky were to go then we would be losing some creativity in the middle of the park which Cole could add, plus I as much as he may be shortish, I don't think he's that lightweight, he played centre midfield for West Ham when he was younger.

I would say he's picked up a few injuries over the past couple of seasons and that would be a concern as that is the last thing we need, but IF that could be avoided (and with our track record...) I'd certainly take him as I think he's one of the few english players with actual talent.
He is probably better than a lot of what we currently have, the more disturbing thing is, he is another "hand-me down" from a club that he can't make their staring 11, and a further indication of the direction in which we are headed.