THE GOONERSID BOOK THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

if you want to read about a real conspiracy read All the President's Men by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

I am David by Anne Holm, emotional stuff, well worth reading though!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

merson_is_god wrote:I am David by Anne Holm, emotional stuff, well worth reading though!
First read it as a schoolkid in Australia. Great story. Read it again a few years ago. It's one book I'll make sure my kids read when they are old enough. The last few pages were just incredibly emotionally draining.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

DB10GOONER wrote:
merson_is_god wrote:I am David by Anne Holm, emotional stuff, well worth reading though!
First read it as a schoolkid in Australia. Great story. Read it again a few years ago. It's one book I'll make sure my kids read when they are old enough. The last few pages were just incredibly emotionally draining.
I can relate to that, I felt exactly the same reading another book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Truly epic story, makes Odysseus’ journey look like a short trip. Don’t wanna ruin the ending for anyone but let’s just say there’s a real surprise twist you wont see coming.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
I can relate to that, I felt exactly the same reading another book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Truly epic story, makes Odysseus’ journey look like a short trip. Don’t wanna ruin the ending for anyone but let’s just say there’s a real surprise twist you wont see coming.
:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
I can relate to that, I felt exactly the same reading another book, The Very Hungry Scoutmaster by Eric "Drooler" Carle. Truly epic story, makes Odysseus’ journey look like a short trip. Don’t wanna ruin the ending for anyone but let’s just say there’s a real surprise twist you wont see coming - oh ok - he sharked the arse off me.
:wink:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:I can relate to that, I felt exactly the same reading another book, The Very Hungry Scoutmaster by Eric "Drooler" Carle. Truly epic story, makes Odysseus’ journey look like a short trip. Don’t wanna ruin the ending for anyone but let’s just say there’s a real surprise twist you wont see coming - oh ok - he sharked the arse off me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never joined the scouts or cubs or any of that shit, but I was in Beavers when I was about 6. :-P

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:I can relate to that, I felt exactly the same reading another book, The Very Hungry Scoutmaster by Eric "Drooler" Carle. Truly epic story, makes Odysseus’ journey look like a short trip. Don’t wanna ruin the ending for anyone but let’s just say there’s a real surprise twist you wont see coming - oh ok - he sharked the arse off me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never joined the scouts or cubs or any of that shit, but I was in Beavers when I was about 6. :-P
Man is borneth of beaver, he dieth of beaver. 8)

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Word.

Any Stephen King fans out there........move on up to Dean Koontz. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

olgitgooner wrote:Word.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

BLASPHEMER!!! WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP!! YOU HAVE SUCKLED OF THE DEVIL'S COCK TOO LONG!!!

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

why would i read a book from a guy who's called "them cunts"? :lol: :lol: :wink:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

DB10GOONER wrote:

BLASPHEMER!!! WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP!! YOU HAVE SUCKLED OF THE DEVIL'S COCK TOO LONG!!!

:lol: Yes, Dean Koontz.

The jeremy kyle of literature

8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

marcengels wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: Yes, Dean Koontz.

The jeremy kyle of literature

8)
POST OF THE WEEK. The accuracy of your words... I'm... well, I'm simply stunned, marc. 8)

RaM

Post by RaM »

I've read one of Dean Koontz's books - Phantoms (I think... :? ) but wasn't as good as Stephen King's work.

For me someone comparable to Stephen King within the same 'genre' is Peter Straub.

I've read 'Floating Dragon' by Straub and really liked it. He has written collaborations with Stephen King in the past too, I've read 'The Talisman' which was co-written by King and Straub and its another good novel.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

RaM wrote:

I've read one of Dean Koontz's books - Phantoms (I think... :? ) but wasn't as good as Stephen King's work.

For me someone comparable to Stephen King within the same 'genre' is Peter Straub.

I've read 'Floating Dragon' by Straub and really liked it. He has written collaborations with Stephen King in the past too, I've read 'The Talisman' which was co-written by King and Straub and its another good novel.
yep, the talisman is quality 8)