THE GOONERSID BOOK THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
goonersid

Post by goonersid »

flash gunner wrote:
RaM wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
RaM wrote:
goonersid wrote: :shock: I said I like a conspiracy theory, not that I was fucking lunatic :wink: :lol:
:lol:
Look in the bargain bin... or the loony bin... under "mad bastards".

Oh so at least you both know who he is then. :lol:

I just thought it might be an interesting read. Reptiles controlling people is a fascinating theory.

I've looked on his forums and...there is actually a fair bit of World Cup stuff. Charities are ripping off the world to profit from the event AND the actual World Cup trophy is in the shape of people holding it, but when turned to a different angle is actually a reptilian fist firmly clutching the globe. :shock:
Hope youre not serious :shock:

:wink:
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119294

im into conspiricy theories so like hearing and reading about David Icke but its amusing and should never be taken seriously RaM, the bloke is a nutter
I still have my torquoise tracksuit. :wink: :lol:

RaM

Post by RaM »

flash gunner wrote:
RaM wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
RaM wrote:
goonersid wrote: :shock: I said I like a conspiracy theory, not that I was fucking lunatic :wink: :lol:
:lol:
Look in the bargain bin... or the loony bin... under "mad bastards".

Oh so at least you both know who he is then. :lol:

I just thought it might be an interesting read. Reptiles controlling people is a fascinating theory.

I've looked on his forums and...there is actually a fair bit of World Cup stuff. Charities are ripping off the world to profit from the event AND the actual World Cup trophy is in the shape of people holding it, but when turned to a different angle is actually a reptilian fist firmly clutching the globe. :shock:
Hope youre not serious :shock:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119294

im into conspiricy theories so like hearing and reading about David Icke but its amusing and should never be taken seriously RaM, the bloke is a nutter
Oh of course not.

In essence though, there is something to learn from him and others like him - no one should ever take what they are told by the media or those in control to be the absolute truth. It is quite disturbing that the majority of people in our "advanced society" are so apathetic that they glean their entire knowledge from what they hear on current affairs television and read in tabloid newspapers.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

erm........ Youre sounding like him now RaM :worried:

RaM

Post by RaM »

flash gunner wrote:erm........ Youre sounding like him now RaM :worried:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if I am then everything he says is absolutely correct. :barscarf:

Does he actually get media coverage over there? I have never seen him anywhere in the media here, only stumbled across his theories by chance.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

RaM wrote:

Does he actually get media coverage over there? I have never seen him anywhere in the media here, only stumbled across his theories by chance.
do you know his history? He used to be a Coventry City Schoolboy keeper but never made it and then become the football highlights presenter on BBC1 i think but went really weird and started only wearing turquoise tracksuits and saying he was the son of god. He got lots of ridicule for a few months and then disappeared for years but there has been a few programmes on his recently on satelite TV

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Below is footage of him at the start of his strangeness and the audience reaction to him is harsh :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nMq6gc1yMg

RaM

Post by RaM »

flash gunner wrote:
RaM wrote:

do you know his history? He used to be a Coventry City Schoolboy keeper but never made it and then become the football highlights presenter on BBC1 i think but went really weird and started only wearing turquoise tracksuits and saying he was the son of god. He got lots of ridicule for a few months and then disappeared for years but there has been a few programmes on his recently on satelite TV
Could he replace Almunia if we told him Arsenal were the last non-reptile side on the planet?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

flash gunner wrote:Below is footage of him at the start of his strangeness and the audience reaction to him is harsh :lol:

This clip RaM is a mixture of current interview and the old one. Google David Icke Wogan and see what comes up

Im sure he could replace below average Al :lol:

RaM

Post by RaM »

flash gunner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Below is footage of him at the start of his strangeness and the audience reaction to him is harsh :lol:

This clip RaM is a mixture of current interview and the old one. Google David Icke Wogan and see what comes up

Im sure he could replace below average Al :lol:
I'm watching it now. To a degree he's alright. I think he's a brilliant media personality! Much better than your average news reader!

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

RAM

Not sure if you realise, but some of the reaction to Icke over here is because of how he started out.

He was goalkeeper for Coventry City, then most of us remeber him as presenting the "Football Focus" section of Grandstand which 15 years ago was the sports programme to watch on a Saturday at about 12.30 just before you left to go to Highbury.

Then he vanished from our screens, and pops up in a purple shellsuit talking about how world leaders are actually reptiles!

Crazy books, worth a look, but take with a pinch of salt.

RaM

Post by RaM »

QuartzGooner wrote:RAM

Not sure if you realise, but some of the reaction to Icke over here is because of how he started out.

He was goalkeeper for Coventry City, then most of us remeber him as presenting the "Football Focus" section of Grandstand which 15 years ago was the sports programme to watch on a Saturday at about 12.30 just before you left to go to Highbury.

Then he vanished from our screens, and pops up in a purple shellsuit talking about how world leaders are actually reptiles!

Of course. As I said I know nothing about the guy.

From what i have gleaned though, I agree in essence with what he says about people needing to take an interest in their world. Having read the likes of Orwell, Huxley, Zamyatin and Burgess I certainly believe it is lamentable that so few people know so little, and what little they do know is gained by taking the media's word as fact.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

RaM wrote:

From what i have gleaned though, I agree in essence with what he says about people needing to take an interest in their world. Having read the likes of Orwell, Huxley, Zamyatin and Burgess I certainly believe it is lamentable that so few people know so little, and what little they do know is gained by taking the media's word as fact.
I agree RaM

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

RaM wrote: Of course. As I said I know nothing about the guy.
I read a couple of his books, there was interesting (if obvious) stuff in there about how people in power network with each other, plus some bizarre conspiracy theories, but just could not get my head round the reptile stuff!

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

RaM wrote:

The problem with David Icke and others of his ilk, is they take some of their theories to such extremes they damage the credibility of others uncovering real conspiracies and real issues where the real truth needs to be brought to the publics attention..
The minute him or his like attach themselves to any conspiracy theory they contribute to destroying it's legitimacy and the powers that be attempting to keep the truth from people rub their hands in glee..

RaM

Post by RaM »

QuartzGooner wrote:
RaM wrote: Of course. As I said I know nothing about the guy.
I read a couple of his books, there was interesting (if obvious) stuff in there about how people in power network with each other, plus some bizarre conspiracy theories, but just could not get my head round the reptile stuff!
Well that's all I was hoping to get from it. Always the hope of course that Icke himself does not believe the reptilian stuff and in fact uses it as some kind of allegory.
The problem with David Icke and others of his ilk, is they take some of their theories to such extremes they damage the credibility of others uncovering real conspiracies and real issues where the real truth needs to be brought to the publics attention..
The minute him or his like attach themselves to any conspiracy theory they contribute to destroying it's legitimacy and the powers that be attempting to keep the truth from people rub their hands in glee..
I think that's right too. Sometimes hyperbole can turn people away from the truth that is being expressed.