THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
GoonerMuzz

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by GoonerMuzz »

A bit different but during lockdown due to boredom I've been watching a program called Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday, lots of episodes out there but I find it really interesting how things were built back in the day especially without PCs and CAD and how some have stood the test of time and other definitely haven't.

A lot of the early episodes cover military stuff but as seasons go on there are more and more civilian engineering feats, some of the stories behind the triumphs and tragedies are quite interesting they usually cover 4 different constructions per episode, as diverse as an old Nazi torpedo test facility in the Baltic to the original railway bridges built from mainland Florida into the Quays or a damn built in France which collapsed and flooded the towns on the plains below due to an Engineering miscalculation.... fairly sure they used Irish Navvies on that one, eh DB10.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And there was me thinking we homosapiens took to standing so we could play footie ! :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articl ... who-we-are

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:52 am
A bit different but during lockdown due to boredom I've been watching a program called Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday, lots of episodes out there but I find it really interesting how things were built back in the day especially without PCs and CAD and how some have stood the test of time and other definitely haven't.

A lot of the early episodes cover military stuff but as seasons go on there are more and more civilian engineering feats, some of the stories behind the triumphs and tragedies are quite interesting they usually cover 4 different constructions per episode, as diverse as an old Nazi torpedo test facility in the Baltic to the original railway bridges built from mainland Florida into the Quays or a damn built in France which collapsed and flooded the towns on the plains below due to an Engineering miscalculation.... fairly sure they used Irish Navvies on that one, eh DB10.
Ah you like the dumbed down documentaries I see..... :lol:

Honestly though I hate that new style of personality-led documentary. Just sit a heap of nobody writers and 2nd rate university lecturers in front of a camera to read some inane bland dialogue whilst overacting the drama of it..... :roll: