UFOs - yes or no?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: UFOs - yes or no?

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
The cover up of UFOs and Aliens is the biggest conspiracy on the planet.
did you actually say this quartz? I thought you were the most rational person on this forum :shock:

what a thread this is btw. what happened to percy? :(
Who did you take that quote from?

I did not think I would have written that, because I do not know if UFOs are aliens.
They could be secret military flights.
I have an open mind.
It's possible they are aliens, but not proven.
first page on this thread

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
The cover up of UFOs and Aliens is the biggest conspiracy on the planet.
did you actually say this quartz? I thought you were the most rational person on this forum :shock:

what a thread this is btw. what happened to percy? :(
Who did you take that quote from?

I did not think I would have written that, because I do not know if UFOs are aliens.
They could be secret military flights.
I have an open mind.
It's possible they are aliens, but not proven.
first page on this thread
Page 3, yes I wrote it, four years ago.

But my view now is really an open mind.

I have never knowingly met an alien, but the universe is so big that they might exist.
Or aliens are other humanoid but not human creatures from earth who live in caves or under the ground, or time travellers.

Certainly something going on with UFOs though, I do not believe they are all people mistaking clouds.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I'm not saying that alien lifedoesn't exist, but the confidence of your statement on page 3 (my mistake) had me laughing out loud :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:I'm not saying that alien lifedoesn't exist, but the confidence of your statement on page 3 (my mistake) had me laughing out loud :D
I must have believed it then!

I am surprised at myself for writing that.

I always thought I had an "Unproven Verdict" view of it.

I certainly believe though that we are not being told the whole truth by the authorities, not whilst there are secret military flights going on, there will be something to cover up.

And as I have written, there could be many physical/metaphysical answers to the question.

My regret is that film footage is now very unreliable because CGI is so advanced, so fake films flood the internet.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

The late Boyd Bushman says aliens exist.
He was a scientist at Area 51, allegedly.......

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/528 ... ws+Feed%29

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Still . . . . . . . No

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Yeah... but no, but yeah, but no. 8)

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

300 billion stars in the Milky Way, around 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe so the opportunity for life is certainly there, even taking into account the ridiculous number of criteria that need to be fulfilled for life (as we know it) to start, such as:

Correct type of star (usually a moderate size & age yellow star).

Correct size of planet in the habitable zone (too small and you end up with Mars, too small to hold on to its atmosphere - poor old Mars). Right size but too near the star and the result is like Venus.

Liquid water, moon big enough to exert tidal forces (RNA molecules can form), volcanic activity....

In fact there's far too much to list for a cretin like me but one can use the Drake formula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equa ... e_equation) as a decent guide to the probability. Although given just how astronomically hard it is for life to get started I think the formula is way over-optimistic, but useful nonetheless.

I'm sure that however small the probability is it is mathematically unlikely we are alone in the galaxy, let alone the universe, but that probability does exist.

If we are alone, then what a bunch of selfish *word censored* we really are for bollocksing up such a unique and marvellous planet we call home.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

officepest wrote:300 billion stars in the Milky Way, around 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe so the opportunity for life is certainly there, even taking into account the ridiculous number of criteria that need to be fulfilled for life (as we know it) to start, such as:

Correct type of star (usually a moderate size & age yellow star).

Correct size of planet in the habitable zone (too small and you end up with Mars, too small to hold on to its atmosphere - poor old Mars). Right size but too near the star and the result is like Venus.

Liquid water, moon big enough to exert tidal forces (RNA molecules can form), volcanic activity....

In fact there's far too much to list for a cretin like me but one can use the Drake formula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equa ... e_equation) as a decent guide to the probability. Although given just how astronomically hard it is for life to get started I think the formula is way over-optimistic, but useful nonetheless.

I'm sure that however small the probability is it is mathematically unlikely we are alone in the galaxy, let alone the universe, but that probability does exist.

If we are alone, then what a bunch of selfish *word censored* we really are for bollocksing up such a unique and marvellous planet we call home.
:barscarf: We really are fucking it up!

Unfortunately, some of our best and brightest have allowed us to land on and stick a fucking flag on the moon which clearly makes us superior to (people) who fucking well hover over the arizona dessert.

Just come in to Heathrow, go through immigration and boom, we're there.

Or maybe they're too intelligent for us. :rubchin:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Wenger out.

Drone

Post by Drone »

Wenger us an fn alien 4 sure...

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Possibly? Could it be? Getting closer?

NASA are not ruling it out.....Dexter Wansell had an inkling....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... -live.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... Hpk9krUJBI