UFOs - yes or no?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
olgitgooner

UFOs - yes or no?

Post by olgitgooner »

At the risk of receiving some piss-takes (as if I give a Donald Duck :wink: ), I've got quite interested in this subject recently.

I've never seen a ufo myself. I do, however know an RAF pilot who saw one over the north Atlantic. The rest of the Nimrod crew also saw it. He never reported it in. This guy is not the kind of man given to flights of fancy(pun intended). He only mentioned it to me on one occassion and then clammed up.

I'm fairly sure that most ufo sightings can be explained away by natural phenomena/poor eyesight/mis-perception/hoaxes.

I'm also fairly sure that many ufo reports cannot be explained away. Especially when those reports come from highly trained, and highly respected, military witnesses.

The link at the bottom is about the Disclosure Project. Headed up by an American doctor. Backed up with over 200 witnesses (who are prepared to testify before US Congress) and a huge amount of official documents/reports. The idea is to get their government to release suppressed information about ufo reports. It goes on for hours, but it's worth a quick scan of the various witness stories.

Take it, or leave it, I'm wondering how many of us believe in UFOs, and how many think it's a lot of old bollocks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud49Gh9yYLs

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

If it was on a nimrod, it was no doubt a fuel leak causing him to see funny things!! Those fuel vapours are lethal let
Me tell you!! :lol:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

It might have been the spliffs, too. :D

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

If Flapianski can play for Arsenal then yes, anything is possible even UFO's 8)

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

Ofcourse they are real. Surely it isn't possible for Humans to be the only developed lifeforms at the level we are at now or even further developed.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

YES

RaM

Post by RaM »

I'm always interested to hear about them, but of course I'm always more than willing to listen to rational explanations first.

It is nice to think there is something else out there though.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

danny dyer sez theyre reel 8)

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:danny dyer sez theyre reel 8)
Pwoper aliens, then? 8)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

olgitgooner wrote:
Pwoper aliens, then? 8)
they've got a pwoppa mob innit. wen those aliens come down it will be like a snuf film, you gotta watch out with them nawty proppa green geezers about. about 50 of them will take our boozer over and it will pwoppa kick off, giving probes and shit. hopeffully the OB will get em and send the fuckers back up to space :shock:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

olgitgooner wrote:
Pwoper aliens, then? 8)

Nawty ones, a real tight little firm of them!

:roll:

eliogooner

Post by eliogooner »

Spotted in Canning Town. :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I used to work with the wife of an American serviceman who was based at Rendlesham, Suffolk in 1980 when the UFO was supposed to have landed there.

He wasn't on duty that night but several of his collegues were and he swears blind that they believed it was a UFO that they witnessed.

One of his mates wrote the book "left at East Gate" that details the events that he witnessed that night.

Now I have never personally witnessed anything but who knows, there must be some sort of intelligent life out there.

Q. how and why are there pyramids built in remote locations by all sorts of races around the globe, who would have no knowledge of the existance of the others ??

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I have no idea about UFO's!

I do like Scully from the X Files though and would happily cover her in some of my home made lunar custard!!

8)

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

StuartL wrote:I used to work with the wife of an American serviceman who was based at Rendlesham, Suffolk in 1980 when the UFO was supposed to have landed there.

He wasn't on duty that night but several of his collegues were and he swears blind that they believed it was a UFO that they witnessed.

One of his mates wrote the book "left at East Gate" that details the events that he witnessed that night.

Now I have never personally witnessed anything but who knows, there must be some sort of intelligent life out there.

Q. how and why are there pyramids built in remote locations by all sorts of races around the globe, who would have no knowledge of the existance of the others ??
That incident is covered in the link I posted, Stuart.

You might have a job finding it, though. There are about four hours of witness interviews in there. :)