PS3 games

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Nerds, get a xbox or better a life. :lol: :wink:

WengerKnows

Post by WengerKnows »

Barriecuda wrote:
paperclip wrote:Red Dead Redemption is fantastic.
Heavy Rain is the most boring game ever. A good idea, but the gameplay is horrendous. Steer well clear
Absolutely disagree, Heavy Rain was great. It's like an interactive movie with multiple outcomes based on how you play, and is a totally unique experience. It's only worth a rental though, easily beatable in 8-10 hours. Worth playing the demo at the very least.

Mass Effect 2 will come out soon*. Fantastic series; they've made it so that even if you don't play 1 you can jump in without too much trouble. Also worth checking out the demo.

* at least in North America, I forgot you're PAL

What kind of games do you like? Some examples please!
Have to strongly agree with this post . Heavy Rain is most certainly worth a rent , it is unlike any other game out there .

Also the Uncharted series is a must play . Uncharted 1 was great but Uncharted 2 was even better , won pretty much every gaming award and thoroughly deserved it .

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

My choices may be a bit strange to some but i play quite a bit on the ps3 & today i will mainly be playing NFS Hot pusuit, F1 2010 & WSC Real 09,

Hot pursuit is quality online especially when a few beers have been sunk :lol:

paperclip

Post by paperclip »

Barriecuda wrote:
paperclip wrote:Red Dead Redemption is fantastic.
Heavy Rain is the most boring game ever. A good idea, but the gameplay is horrendous. Steer well clear
Absolutely disagree, Heavy Rain was great. It's like an interactive movie with multiple outcomes based on how you play, and is a totally unique experience. It's only worth a rental though, easily beatable in 8-10 hours. Worth playing the demo at the very least.

Mass Effect 2 will come out soon*. Fantastic series; they've made it so that even if you don't play 1 you can jump in without too much trouble. Also worth checking out the demo.

* at least in North America, I forgot you're PAL

What kind of games do you like? Some examples please!
Like I said, I thought the idea for Heavy Rain was great, I just didn't think they executed it very well.

I like all the GTAs, CODs, Medal of Honours, Red Deads, Saint's Rows, Assassins Creeds, MLB The Shows and of course FIFAs.

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

I have FIFA 11 but am pants at it, if i were to compare my game to a professional team then it would probably be someone like Hartlepool :cry:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Leedsgooner1 wrote:I have FIFA 11 but am pants at it, if i were to compare my game to a professional team then it would probably be someone like Hartlepool :cry:
Join the Online Gooner league, the more the merrier :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

kingjayson1 wrote:
Leedsgooner1 wrote:I have FIFA 11 but am pants at it, if i were to compare my game to a professional team then it would probably be someone like Hartlepool :cry:
and i might actually be able to beat someone :oops:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

flash gunner wrote:
kingjayson1 wrote:
Maybe I should join also.

Flash CODMW2 is nuts! Despite getting Fifa for my birthday in Aug I just couldn't put COD down. :lol: :shock: :lol: D'ya know I still haven't yet played on Fifa online.

Also have GT5 so far okay.
Need for Speed
Unchartered2
Still have PES10
I've the PS3 move also so my daughter plays 'Start the party'

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Nearly completed my brother version of CODMW2 love it havent played it much online though. I got a really good deal on Red Dead Redemption and it arrived today so will be playing that for the next few days im sure

FIFA11 is excellent too especially the online play

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

flash gunner wrote:Nearly completed my brother version of CODMW2 love it havent played it much online though. I got a really good deal on Red Dead Redemption and it arrived today so will be playing that for the next few days im sure

I have play Fifa a little.

As an old skool PES player I kept finding my self 'clearing' whilst one-on-one and shooting whenever the ball entered my area on Fifa! Buttons are the reverse for PES! :lol: :roll: :lol:

You should get online for COD although I would kill you! 8)
Not sure about KingJay....he likes to be found so he hides. :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Boomer wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Nearly completed my brother version of CODMW2 love it havent played it much online though. I got a really good deal on Red Dead Redemption and it arrived today so will be playing that for the next few days im sure

I have play Fifa a little.

As an old skool PES player I kept finding my self 'clearing' whilst one-on-one and shooting whenever the ball entered my area on Fifa! Buttons are the reverse for PES! :lol: :roll: :lol:

You should get online for COD although I would kill you! 8)
Not sure about KingJay....he likes to be found so he hides. :roll:
everyone is so fast online with CODMW2 im aiming and get killed kind of lose interest slightly. Apparently kingjayson likes them to 'chase' him :roll:

I agree the buttons are wrong way round on FIFA from PES but once you get used to it it is an excellent game so realistic

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

kingjayson1 wrote:
I will do that but only if i can be Arsenal :lol:

Or even Hartlepool :cry:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Why dont you guys change the button configuration for Fifa so its the old PES controls? I only started playing Fifa recently and changed the controls to the PES way because I was like Booms, clearing when Im meant to shoot.

As for COD I am quite shit so camping is my only option :lol: Although I do like being chased :lol:

Booms, is PS3 move any good? The gf wanted it so I bought it for her but she hasn't played it yet :?

I really want to play Red Dead Redemption, I watched my friend play it and it looks really good.

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

flash gunner wrote:
kingjayson1 wrote:
If my 7 year old can beat me on a regular basis then i'm sure you can as well :lol:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

kingjayson1 wrote:Why dont you guys change the button configuration for Fifa so its the old PES controls? I only started playing Fifa recently and changed the controls to the PES way because I was like Booms, clearing when Im meant to shoot.

As for COD I am quite shit so camping is my only option :lol: Although I do like being chased :lol:

Booms, is PS3 move any good? The gf wanted it so I bought it for her but she hasn't played it yet :?

I really want to play Red Dead Redemption, I watched my friend play it and it looks really good.
I was meant to mention re-configuring the buttons as I knew someone would point this out.
I don't like doing it as if your playing elsewhere you have to change your set-up.

Re: the move. It a bit fun. Difficult to say if I reckomend it as I've only played the one game. Should trial the demo's really.
It's a like the Wii so not a gamers thing. However, it gets the wife and (4 yrs) daughter playing.