Whoops...

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
skipper

Post by skipper »

highburyJD wrote:apparently he was warned for sexual harrassment type incident in december
asking a female assistant to 'tuck his shirt in'
The gentleman is obviosly going through late mid-life crisis :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

rigsby wrote:How has it been blown out of proportion exactly?
Whose she blown ill have some of that :wink:

Post by 1989 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
fks sake mate...

She's a right munter. :ewwwww:

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

It was a private conversation "off air" Not the smartest of things to say but is it really just for someone to lose their job over it?

The lino concerned has now been put under even more intense spotlight and every decision she makes for years to come will be followed by "the assistant in the Andy Gray Saga"

Some of the sanctimonious crap on here from people who have levelled homophobic abuse at the best left back we've has in years. We've all sung the songs lads, but watch them duck their heads when the question is raised.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

1989 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
fks sake mate...

She's a right munter. :ewwwww:

Married man here rest my case :wink:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

spawn_e_git wrote:
It was a private conversation "off air" Not the smartest of things to say but is it really just for someone to lose their job over it?

The lino concerned has now been put under even more intense spotlight and every decision she makes for years to come will be followed by "the assistant in the Andy Gray Saga"

Some of the sanctimonious crap on here from people who have levelled homophobic abuse at the best left back we've has in years. We've all sung the songs lads, but watch them duck their heads when the question is raised.
There's a lot more to this Andy Gray thing that's all due to come out. It's not a case of 'off air' comments otherwise Key would have been sacked a while back.

There's various rumours flying around to the 'tucking in' comment and a feud or something (comments) to one of the female presenters. (Charlotte Jackson)
Also hearing he was a very unpopular person.

BT

Post by BT »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... sacked-sky

There's more detail here, and the new clip.

Clearly this isn't a slip of the tongue, as i've said before, but a whole prehistoric attitude. From all reports, his colleagues at Sky are delighted and have been leaking the footage.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

BT wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... sacked-sky

Clearly this isn't a slip of the tongue, as i've said before, but a whole prehistoric attitude. From all reports, his colleagues at Sky are delighted and have been leaking the footage.
you spend more time on the pc than in the kitchen :roll: :lol: :oops:

Post by 1989 »

Boomer wrote:
spawn_e_git wrote:

There's a lot more to this Andy Gray thing that's all due to come out. It's not a case of 'off air' comments otherwise Key would have been sacked a while back.

There's various rumours flying around to the 'tucking in' comment and a feud or something (comments) to one of the female presenters. (Charlotte Jackson)
Also hearing he was a very unpopular person.
Any excuse to post a pic?

BT

Post by BT »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
BT wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... sacked-sky

you spend more time on the pc than in the kitchen :roll: :lol: :oops:
I'm researching the offside rule in case any of you actually ask me to explain it :wink:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

So if an MP or a Cabinet Minister was recorded saying something akin to this in a private call you wouldn't think he should resign. This is common place mate. His comments and Keys were ridiculous and sexist. What if in private Gray said what Ron Atkinson said in 'private'. Would you still feel the same? Or do you feel that different types of discrimination are worse than others?

steve1987

Post by steve1987 »

One thing that I think most people seem to have missed is that these comments, by Gray, Keys or Burton, weren't 'in private'.

They were off-air, but not private.

They all took place while the three of the were on company time, working in a professional capacity for Sky.

Now, I make comments at work to trusted colleagues that may be viewed as offensive/unprofessional, be it out of frustration or as a joke. But I do understand that if my manager (or a client etc) catches me saying these things then I could rightly be disciplined.

It seems Gray has been targeted by those in Sky who dislike him - whether or not that has anything to do with his suing of the NotW or not.

However, he's been caught red-handed, and the decision couldn't be anything other than what it was, I'd suggest.

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

rigsby wrote:
So if an MP or a Cabinet Minister was recorded saying something akin to this in a private call you wouldn't think he should resign. This is common place mate. His comments and Keys were ridiculous and sexist. What if in private Gray said what Ron Atkinson said in 'private'. Would you still feel the same? Or do you feel that different types of discrimination are worse than others?
No. I didn't think Vince Cable should resign because I dislike the Murdoch empire as much as he does. Thetrefore I agree with view on the NewCorp deal.

I didn't think Gordon Brown should have resigned when he called that woman a bigot because although I understood his reasons for thinking what he did, the woman did have a point but that opinion did not align with his.

Having now seen the clip of "TrouserGate" I can see why that has got him in trouble and if he was a personal friend of mine I would probably dismiss it as work banter and defended it. I've seen what I consider sexual harrassment at work and it was something much more sinister than that.

All said, he's not a friend, maybe he had been there so long he felt above the "law" because he certainly would not do it if he had only been in the job three months.

He'll be forgotton as quickly as Rodney Marsh, Des Lynam, Brian Moore and anyone else who has moved out of the public eye for whatever reason.

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

Dibble-Double Post.....

Exiled in Cornwall

Post by Exiled in Cornwall »

i've watched the new (old) clip several times but can't here what he says. anyone any ideas?