Braintree Town FC

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Lee1

Braintree Town FC

Post by Lee1 »

Little girls gone to their grandparents today for weekend. Emirates tomorrow. So today am going to watch Braintree at home...4 pts clear top of Conference South with 4 games to go. Conference hopefully. Will cost me £12 or so to get in, couple of beers and watching football with my son...back to basics. Sun is shining,5 mins walk from home....lovely Saturday afternoon!. Luvverly!!!
:D :D :lol:

Post by 1886 »

Nothing like two games in one weekend. :barscarf:
I'm going to see Gillingham today with a gills supporting mate, only cost me £5 to get in, then at the Grove for liverpool tomorrow.

augie

Re: Braintree Town FC

Post by augie »

Lee1 wrote:Little girls gone to their grandparents today for weekend. Emirates tomorrow. So today am going to watch Braintree at home...4 pts clear top of Conference South with 4 games to go. Conference hopefully. Will cost me £12 or so to get in, couple of beers and watching football with my son...back to basics. Sun is shining,5 mins walk from home....lovely Saturday afternoon!. Luvverly!!!

Is 12 quid not a bit steep for that level ? :? :shock:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

augie wrote:
Lee1 wrote:Little girls gone to their grandparents today for weekend. Emirates tomorrow. So today am going to watch Braintree at home...4 pts clear top of Conference South with 4 games to go. Conference hopefully. Will cost me £12 or so to get in, couple of beers and watching football with my son...back to basics. Sun is shining,5 mins walk from home....lovely Saturday afternoon!. Luvverly!!!

Is 12 quid not a bit steep for that level ? :? :shock:
Maybe, but worth it for a lovely relaxed afternoon before the stress that kicks in as me and young Patrick (my son) set of for the Grove tomorrow. Difference is you get a lovely friendly welcome, sky sports in the bar,good cheap food and can stand on the terraces and have a beer. That is worth £12 imho. Tomorrow will pay a fortune(if i decide to) for crap food,service and attitude. Yep money well spent! :D

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

Non league football is quality. I spent many of my earlier years watching GM Vauxhall Conference football with my Dad.

I suspect I will return there one day, when Arsenal finally price me out of my season ticket.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Bang on!
:D :lol:

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

I remember Braintree in the Ryman Leagues 11-12 years ago!

no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

sounds nice mate, although as i am from chelmsford i guess i should be hoping Braintree loose!!!!!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Been to a couple of games at Braintree this season £12 is very expensive for little more than Sunday league level but its got a nice bar at half time and a pub half way between my house and the ground :barscarf: and is 10 mins walk maximum

They have been faltering a bit recently how did they do today?

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

a few more Braintree boys

only 10 mins walk for me

not made a game there this season
might go easter monday

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

2-0. £17 combined fo rme and 16 year old to get in. Few beers in friendly surroundings. That's value for money I think. Standard of football is ok - if you can watch Stoke you can watch this level!!!
:lol: :barscarf:

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

Any ex league players we may have head of on display?

I recall seeing players such as Liam Diash, Peter Fear, David Speedie to name a few playing in non league football who used to dable in the top flight back in the day.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Kevin Gallen was on bench for Braintree but didn't get on! How the mighty fall!
:oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think you might see a few more Essex Gooners turning up at Braintree if the club keep pricing them out of going to the Conglomerates...

My bro bought an apartment overlooking his local Sunday League side in Dublin a couple years ago and we used to have a barbecue on his balcony watching the games in May and then August/September. Great fun, no stress, a few cold beers and we saw the odd cracker of a game too. Alot to be said for the lower levels of football. 8)

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

Lee1 wrote:Kevin Gallen was on bench for Braintree but didn't get on! How the mighty fall!
:oops: :oops:
I remember when Gallen was doing well at QPR he was touted for big things, but then again so are so many players.