RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Postman

Re: Cusamano aka The Grim Reaper introduces "THE R.I.P. THRE

Post by Postman »

QuartzGooner wrote:R.I.P Sir Rhodes Boyson....MP keen on education and had awesome sideburns.

Former Headmaster of Highbury grove school

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP R. Palmer Beasley

Robert Palmer Beasley (April 29, 1936 – August 25, 2012) was a physician, public health educator and epidemiologist whose work on hepatitis B involved extensive investigations in Taiwan. That work established that hepatitis B virus (HBV) is a primary cause of liver cancer and that hepatitis B virus is transmitted from mother to infant during childbirth.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP Florencio Amarilla

Florencio Amarilla Lacasa (3 January 1935; Bogado, Paraguay – 25 August 2012; Vélez Rubio, Spain) was a Paraguayan footballer, coach and later actor. He played as a striker.
Amarilla started his career in with Club Nacional in Paraguay before being transferred to Europe to play for teams like Elche CF and Real Oviedo of Spain.
He was also part of the Paraguay national football team that qualified to the 1958 FIFA World Cup. In the qualifiers, Amarilla was Paraguay's top scorer with 3 goals and he was also the top scorer for Paraguay in the World Cup with 2 goals.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP Louis Ncamiso Ndlovu

Louis Ncamiso Ndlovu (March 15, 1945-August 27, 2012) was the Roman Catholic bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Manzini, Swaziland.

Ordained to the priesthood in 1975, Ndlovu was named a bishop in 1985; he died in office.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP Ivica Horvat

Ivan "Ivica" Horvat (16 July 1926 – 27 August 2012) was a Croatian footballer and manager who played for Yugoslavia. He had a Croatian passport. In 2004, he received the Croatian Olympic Committee's Matija Ljubek Award.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP Malcolm Browne

Malcolm Wilde Browne (April 17, 1931 – August 27, 2012) was a Pulitzer Prize-winning American journalist and photographer. His best known work was the award-winning photograph of the self-immolation of Buddhist monk Thích Quảng Đức in 1963.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP Aurora Bautista

Aurora Bautista (15 October 1925 – 27 August 2012) was a Spanish film actress.
Bautista was born in Valladolid, and died in Madrid, aged 86.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP Neville Alexander

Neville Edward Alexander (22 October 1936 – 27 August 2012) was a proponent of a multilingual South Africa and a former revolutionary who spent ten years on Robben Island as a fellow-prisoner of Nelson Mandela.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP Alfred Schmidt

Alfred Schmidt (born 19th May 1931 in Berlin, died 28th August 2012 in Frankfurt am Main ) was a German philosopher.
Schmidt studied history and English as well as classical philology at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University of Frankfurt and later philosophy and sociology. He was a student of Theodor W. Adorno and Max Horkheimer and gained his doctorate with a work about the concept of nature in Karl Marx's writings.
Schmidt has been professor for philosophy and sociology at the University of Frankfurt since 1972 and was made emeritus in 1999. Schmidt's primary research topics are the critical theory of the Frankfurt School, philosophy of religion and the Arthur Schopenhauer's philosophy.
Schmidt was a member of the International PEN and an honorary member of the Schopenhauer Society.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP William Pascal Kikoti

William Pascal Kikoti (March 3, 1957 – August 28, 2012) was the Roman Catholic bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Mpanda, Tanzania.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP Shulamith Firestone

Shulamith Firestone (born January 7, 1945 - found dead August 28, 2012), (also called Shulie, or Shuloma) was a Jewish, Canadian-born feminist. She was a central figure in the early development of radical feminism, having been a founding member of the New York Radical Women, Redstockings, and New York Radical Feminists. In 1970, she authored The Dialectic of Sex: The Case for Feminist Revolution, an important and widely influential feminist text.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP Maffeo Giovanni Ducoli

Maffeo Giovanni Ducoli (November 7, 1918 – August 28, 2012) was an Italian Prelate of the Roman Catholic Church.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Everytime i see Cus has posted in the basement i think oh no whos died now!!!?? :? :wink:

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

RIP Sergey Leonidovich Sokolov

Sergei Leonidovich Sokolov (1 July 1911 – 31 August 2012) was a Soviet military commander.
Sokolov served in the Battle of Lake Khasan during the Soviet-Japanese Border Wars and also served on the Eastern Front during World War II.

He was Commander of the Leningrad Military District from 1965 to 1984 and First Deputy Defense Minister from 1967 to 1984.
Sokolov was promoted to Marshal of the Soviet Union in 1978. He was in charge of Soviet ground forces during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. He personally led the main Soviet incursion of ground forces on the December 27, 1979. His actions and command strategies during the war made him one of the Soviet Union's most respected Marshals. On April 28, 1980 he was awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union.
Sokolov was appointed Minister of Defense of the Soviet Union in 1984 and held this post until 1987, when he was dismissed by Mikhail Gorbachev as a result of the Mathias Rust affair. He was also a candidate (non-voting) member of the Politburo from 1985 to 1987.
Sokolov has been an advisor to the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation since 1992. In July 2001, he became an honorary citizen of Crimea, Ukraine.
On turning 100 he stated, "Military service prestige will regain the importance it once had."

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RIP My Hopes

My Hopes (28 August 2012 – 31 August 2012) were up a bit for this season. Thought "Wenger must bring in some top quality now". Was bitterly let down. Hopes died violently in a rage of alcohol and vomit. His partner "Ambition" committed suicide soon after.

:cry: :cry: :cry: