RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
northbank123

Re: RIP Thread

Post by northbank123 »

Sincere condolences Mutley. Obviously football pales into complete insignificance at a time like this but I'm sure that in years to come supporting Arsenal will leave you with some great memories and a lasting connection with your father. All the best at this difficult time.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Sorry for your loss Mutley...there are few more beautiful things in sport than the allegiances to a club being passed from generation to generation. Be proud of him and what he has passed onto you.

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Many thanks guys for the warm hearted messages. It hasn't really hit me yet, too be honest I'm too busy trying to sort stuff out for my Mum, who after 48 Years with the old man is quite rightly devastated. Football is the one thing that my Dad and I agreed on and in future, each time I visit the Stadium it will bring back many fond memories. He and Steve Charlie Charlie are probably having a few beers together right now and pondering over whether or not Wenger will buy a striker in January.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

MutleyGooner wrote:Many thanks guys for the warm hearted messages. It hasn't really hit me yet, too be honest I'm too busy trying to sort stuff out for my Mum, who after 48 Years with the old man is quite rightly devastated. Football is the one thing that my Dad and I agreed on and in future, each time I visit the Stadium it will bring back many fond memories. He and Steve Charlie Charlie are probably having a few beers together right now and pondering over whether or not Wenger will buy a striker in January.
I was so sad to read about Mutleys Dad passing but i did smile at the last few words,my sincere condolences.

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

corkbarry wrote:
MutleyGooner wrote:Many thanks guys for the warm hearted messages. It hasn't really hit me yet, too be honest I'm too busy trying to sort stuff out for my Mum, who after 48 Years with the old man is quite rightly devastated. Football is the one thing that my Dad and I agreed on and in future, each time I visit the Stadium it will bring back many fond memories. He and Steve Charlie Charlie are probably having a few beers together right now and pondering over whether or not Wenger will buy a striker in January.
I was so sad to read about Mutleys Dad passing but i did smile at the last few words,my sincere condolences.
Cheers mate, sad thing is they are probably no near knowing the answer than us :banghead:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Only just seen this. My condolences to you and your family Mutley. Yesterday (8th Jan) would have been the 85th birthday of my father, who sadly passed away 5 years ago from similar symptoms. :cry: You never get fully over it but it does become a little easier with time. Stay strong for your mum but don't neglect your own well being, both physical and emotional.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sorry to hear of your loss, Wayne. I too lost my dad to cancer (in 2008) and one thing I can tell you, the fact I got to sit with him as he passed and got to say a few things I really should have said more often when he was alive is still a great comfort to me. Treasure the memories, and the great gift of Goonerdom that your dad gave you, mate. Chin up and be strong for your mum. I'm sure Chasx2 bought him his first pint up there and Rocky7 his second. 8)

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Sorry to hear about you dad matey.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Only just read this - sympathy and thoughts for you and family Mutley, as others have already said, stay strong and over time it gets easier - remember the happy times.

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

Sorry to hear about your loss Mutley. Thoughts and prayers to you, your mum and your family.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Sorry Mutley and take care.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Israeli Ariel Sharon aged 85.

A very controversial character either loved or hated depending upon your viewpoint.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Israeli Ariel Sharon aged 85.

A very controversial character either loved or hated depending upon your viewpoint.
Sadly he did not face the war crimes trial he deserved.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Chippy wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:Israeli Ariel Sharon aged 85.

Sadly he did not face the war crimes trial he deserved.

I do not see him as a war criminal with regards to Beirut massacres.
The Christians and Muslims had been wiping out each other's areas in tit-for-tat attacks for the previous seven years.

The BBC obituaries have portrayed him as a bloodthirsty spiteful man, but the 1950's Israeli reprisal operations into Jordanian Occupied West Bank were in response to intentional attacks on Israeli civilians.
The subsequent Arab civilian deaths in Qibya were a regrettable mistake, that mission went wrong.
The other reprisals were different in nature, they attacked military targets.

Could send this thread off an a contentious tangent and following on from the Anelka thread so will leave it there for now.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Amiri Baraka, American poet.

I found his hatred odious, others lauded him.