RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Bradywasking

Re: RIP Thread

Post by Bradywasking »

Herd wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:00 pm
goonersid wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:26 am
John Hume RIP
Indeed not sure about the |Irish contingent on here think but for me he was one of the few men of real peaceful intent and integrity during the troubles !
Agree 100% .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Hume was a great man. When he spoke to the IRA and their political allies to try and stop the slaughter he was slated by both the Irish and British governments. And then when they realised what he was doing might work they jumped on it and tried to sell it as their own work the shameful fuckers. And then the Clinton scum leached onto it. To add insult to injury most of the world still think it was Clinton that brought peace to NI. It was John Hume. RIP. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Producer Martin Birch - He of Deep Purple's "In Rock" fame and many other Classic Rock Albums. R.I.P.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:38 am
Producer Martin Birch - He of Deep Purple's "In Rock" fame and many other Classic Rock Albums. R.I.P.
Legendary producer and engineer. RIP.

Also produced Iron Maiden from "Killers" onwards as well as Sabbath, Whitesnake, BOC, Rainbow and Fleetwood Mac to name but a few. Sad loss. :(

John F

Post by John F »

Alan Minter R.I.P.I always remember those great fights against Finnegan.He became world middle weight champion in 1980 but lost to marvellous Marvin Hagler the same year.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Diana Rigg RIP. We baby boomer adolescent males have very fond memories of Emma Peel.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Toots Hibbert from Toots and the Maytals

Had the pleasure of seeing him up in Norwich a couple of years ago, still looked and sounded great for his age

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... NKnYKEkN14

54-46 was my number :barscarf: