LAY OF THE DAY - BET OF THE DAY

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Rosie_titters

Re: LAY OF THE DAY - BET OF THE DAY

Post by Rosie_titters »

Difficult to assess this race, Big Bucks travelled well through out the race, clearly got tired in the ground and going up the hill at Cheltenham after such a long lay off. But beaten by a 66/1 shot, who was rated 29lbs below and Fisher's cross who has been out of form and showen nothing this season.

Before his injury, Big Bucks would of picked these up and won in a canter, i still think he remains some of his old ability, but probably not the force he once was.

I would love to see him win a 5th world hurdle and it's not in possible, if the ground comes up good and he has no ill effect from this race. But I feel that one or maybe two might be too good, especially if Annie Power goes for this race.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Rosie_titters wrote:Difficult to assess this race, Big Bucks travelled well through out the race, clearly got tired in the ground and going up the hill at Cheltenham after such a long lay off. But beaten by a 66/1 shot, who was rated 29lbs below and Fisher's cross who has been out of form and showen nothing this season.

Before his injury, Big Bucks would of picked these up and won in a canter, i still think he remains some of his old ability, but probably not the force he once was.

I would love to see him win a 5th world hurdle and it's not in possible, if the ground comes up good and he has no ill effect from this race. But I feel that one or maybe two might be too good, especially if Annie Power goes for this race.
big bucks fucked my 4 horse accumulator :banghead:

still, i would never of gone for the eventual winner. 66/1! good on anyone who backed it!

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

BournemouthRED wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:Difficult to assess this race, Big Bucks travelled well through out the race, clearly got tired in the ground and going up the hill at Cheltenham after such a long lay off. But beaten by a 66/1 shot, who was rated 29lbs below and Fisher's cross who has been out of form and showen nothing this season.

big bucks fucked my 4 horse accumulator :banghead:

still, i would never of gone for the eventual winner. 66/1! good on anyone who backed it!

with question marks hanging over their hands, Sprinter Sacre and Big Bucks have to be lays at Cheltenham for me :barscarf: :barscarf:

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

I think we might have seen the Arkle winner yesterday, Trifolium 8)

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

So people - the market is open for the Melbourne Cup - only 10 months away. Who has a juicy tip on a quality stayer from the Northern Hemisphere that doesn't mind big tight fields and a fast run race? I reckon we are well due for a Northern raider to take home the big $$

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Second note - if you guys can get a bet on our Golden Slipper - Rubick is good value at 7-2. I backed it last week at 14-1 before its first start and it destroyed its opposition on Saturday. It's already favorite but i expect it will be odds-on when they jump.

Finally - my nag - Super Villain, is trialling on Friday at Randwick to be set for the big autumn races. I'll give you a heads up when to jump on board.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

ok here's a heads up - my horse Super Villain (well 10% of him anyway) - trialled very well this week and is starting it's prep aimed at the Aus Derby in April. In the trial he beat a horse quoted at 25-1 for the Derby by 9 lengths and does his track work partnered with the favourite and is apparently working at least as well as him. He is currently 100-1 the win and 25-1 the place - this is before nominations which close on Monday.

No guarantees at all but might be worth a small wager.......

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

so cheltenham.....

tips?

RoscommonGooner

BournemouthRED wrote:so cheltenham.....

tips?
I did the following Lucky 15 at the weekend,

Pertemps Final (Today)
Fingal Bay

RSA (Wednesday)
Morning Assembly

Fred Winter (Wednesday)
KKatgary

Rewards4Racing (Today)
Pendra

It's early so I'm not sure but I think I'll back Our Conor in the Champ Hrl

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

RoscommonGooner wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:so cheltenham.....

tips?
I did the following Lucky 15 at the weekend,

Pertemps Final (Today)
Fingal Bay

RSA (Wednesday)
Morning Assembly

Fred Winter (Wednesday)
KKatgary

Rewards4Racing (Today)
Pendra

It's early so I'm not sure but I think I'll back Our Conor in the Champ Hrl
poor 'our connor' :cry:

Really hate seeing horses being put down.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

yeah RIP Our Connor, only 5, and with big future in the game. Poor animal must of been in total agony with a broken back, until they attend to him and gave him pain killing drugs, not nice to say, but I wish he had died instantly, instead of laying there suffering, until they finally made the decision to put him down.
I wonder if they will water the track now, clearly seems the ground is riding a bit too fast and with these horses jumping at 35 to 40mph there will be more tragedies.

Quevega winning for the 6th year running, has to be the highlight on what was a sad day.

Looking forward to Thursday Big Bucks v Annie Power, Think Annie Power will win if she stays, receiving 10lbs and also Ruby Walsh knows Big Bucks inside out and will know what he has to do, to get him beat

RoscommonGooner

Rosie_titters wrote:yeah RIP Our Connor, only 5, and with big future in the game. Poor animal must of been in total agony with a broken back, until they attend to him and gave him pain killing drugs, not nice to say, but I wish he had died instantly, instead of laying there suffering, until they finally made the decision to put him down.
I wonder if they will water the track now, clearly seems the ground is riding a bit too fast and with these horses jumping at 35 to 40mph there will be more tragedies.

Quevega winning for the 6th year running, has to be the highlight on what was a sad day.

Looking forward to Thursday Big Bucks v Annie Power, Think Annie Power will win if she stays, receiving 10lbs and also Ruby Walsh knows Big Bucks inside out and will know what he has to do, to get him beat
Fucking gutted for Dessie and the lads. I actually know a girl who rode him out, so so sad. Would love to go on a rant about the bleeding hearts but I won't. RIP Our Conor :cry:

There is no doubt in my mind that Annie Power will beat Big Bucks, there is no way he can give her that weight

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Being an old sentimentalist I would love to see Big Bucks win, But think Annie will have too much Power :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RoscommonGooner wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:yeah RIP Our Connor, only 5, and with big future in the game. Poor animal must of been in total agony with a broken back, until they attend to him and gave him pain killing drugs, not nice to say, but I wish he had died instantly, instead of laying there suffering, until they finally made the decision to put him down.

Fucking gutted for Dessie and the lads. I actually know a girl who rode him out, so so sad. Would love to go on a rant about the bleeding hearts but I won't. RIP Our Conor :cry:

There is no doubt in my mind that Annie Power will beat Big Bucks, there is no way he can give her that weight
I think you'll find there are a good few dogs salivating and licking their lips right about now! :lol: :wink:

Too soon? :shock:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
RoscommonGooner wrote:

I think you'll find there are a good few dogs salivating and licking their lips right about now! :lol: :wink:

:cussing: Too soon? :shock:

Yes . It is too soon you cheap crunt.

:cussing:

:lol: