Ryder Cup 2012

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
northbank123

Re: Ryder Cup 2012

Post by northbank123 »

FUCKING GET IN! Cannot believe that, one of the best sporting contests I've ever seen. To turn that round after getting obliterated for two days is phenomenal. Hung on in there so many times: Colsaerts on Friday fourballs, Poulter last night, and Rose and Garcia somehow managing to win their singles from their respective positions was awesome. The big boys like Donald and co led the way with some great performances to get blue on the board at the top, and players that haven't played fantastically like Garcia and Westwood really dug in to get their wins.

At no point until the last hour or so did I ever think Europe could actually do it.

Poulter was the hero, wouldn't even have been a contest without him, what a Gooner. That's the closest Arsenal are getting to a trophy this year :barscarf:

Serves the wankers right for 1999.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Only gone and got a fucking outright win haven't they! Who would have thought the Americans couldn't even find 4 points??

Would have been extremely smug about Woods taking half a point from 4 with a birdie-free singles round but to be fair that was good sportsmanship to pick up Molinari's ball at the end.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:Europe are gunner win it

Told you :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That was one of the greatest sporting events of all time. Never in doubt with a German standing over the crucial putt!! So many superb performances by the Europeans. Justin Rose's putt on 17 was the pivotal moment for me. Stunning.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

The Yanks bottled it BIG time and boy did we enjoy that

Tiger Woods won half a point....as a team player he should never play again in the cup.....he doesn't care

But every single European did...that was a major difference

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

John Terry was spotted behind a tree at Medinah, furiously trying to scrub a painted Stars and Stripes off his face :D

O HAPPY DAY.
_______

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

GET IN THERE!!!!

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Absolutely stunning!! :barscarf:

Could do with trying Poulter upfront for us in the next game. :wink: He was on fire!!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

For Seve :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fat *word censored* Salmond, who invited him there? Love how much the prick got booed though, even with European (and Scottish) spirits at an all-time high he still didn't get an easy ride.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Unbelievable!! I felt sure that it would be close but that ultimately Europe would fail - especially as I had absolutely no faith in the Italian beating Woods. Poulter was brilliant all the way through; Rose pulled off three tremendous putts on his last 3 holes and similarly Garcia somehow managed to get a win when it seemed all but over for him a couple of holes previously as the american's ball rolled towards the hole.

As for Jose's after match interview.... well, I couldn't help but shed a tear. Crazy, I know, that we should have any such emotions for multi-millionaires who will always have a better life than any of us could imagine. But then again, isn't that just the attraction and beauty of sport? That no matter how miserable our own lives, we can get still get some vicarious pleasure from it? 8)

REB

Post by REB »

what a nights golf :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Have enjoyed some fantastic non Arsenal sporting events but sunday night tops the lot for me 8) Poulter was out-fcuking-standing and made sweeter by the fact that the yanks, and woods in particular, dont like him at all :lol:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Poulter's efforts in the fours was legendary but his point in the singles was perhaps even more impressive for me. Down the front 9 he looked mentally exhausted and a lesser character would have fallen away. He didn't lead the tie at any point until the 17th and then just nicked it, cool as you like :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Even the kingjays patented "In the Hole" shouts from those morons couldn't help the US team.

:barscarf: 8)