I hate Talksport!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
goonertux

I hate Talksport!

Post by goonertux »

Please feel free to post your feelings on Talkspite/Talkshite. I just hate what they do. Create a controversial subject, get idiots to phone in, put them on hold for ages to make a fortune, then cut them off just as they get interesting.
Alan Brazil - Xenophobic, Homophobic, Racist dinosaur.
Ronnie Irani - Absolutely thick cricketer, who knows nothing about football
Richard Keys - Joke of a man, who still thinks he was hard-done by Sky.
Andy Gray - As above, and also thinks everyone is his mate. Calls everyone 'son'. Idiot.
Adrian Durham - The biggest joke on British radio. Please do not even listen to this dickhead!
Darren Gough - (See Ronnie Irani)
Stan Collymore - Just comes up with ridiculous ideas and shouts a lot.
Mickey Quinn - Another dinosaur, stuck in 1985, when Liverpool were quite good.
The only ones worth listening to are Hawksbee and Jacobs, although Andy Jacobs anti-Arsenal stance wears a bit.
They used to have decent presenters like Kevin Day and Tom Watt (before was 'got at' by the Stasi) but that was a long time ago! Radio 5-Live ain't much better, but at least they let their callers talk!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: I hate Talksport!

Post by StuartL »

goonertux wrote:Please feel free to post your feelings on Talkspite/Talkshite. I just hate what they do. Create a controversial subject, get idiots to phone in, put them on hold for ages to make a fortune, then cut them off just as they get interesting.
Andy Gray - As above, and also thinks everyone is his mate. Calls everyone 'son'. Idiot.
Adrian Durham - The biggest joke on British radio. Please do not even listen to this dickhead!
The only ones worth listening to are Hawksbee and Jacobs, although Andy Jacobs anti-Arsenal stance wears a bit.
They used to have decent presenters like Kevin Day and Tom Watt (before was 'got at' by the Stasi) but that was a long time ago! Radio 5-Live ain't much better, but at least they let their callers talk!
quite a good assesment, but your forgot to mention that Brazil, a convicted drunk driver revels in his bolly quaffing exploits quite shamelessly.

Keyes, is a huge namedropping sycophant and acts as if he is best pals with the top players.
Collymore I think raises good points and despite his personna actually talks quite eloquently.
Quinn tips Liverpool to win everything every year and is a huge tosspot.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Thing is, people say they hate it but continue to listen in?? :shock: :? Everyone know's their tried and trusted formula now, so stop listening in and feeding the troll.

I've listened to it once, realised what a load of bollocks it was and never tuned in again. It's not difficult to avoid.

I think many people protest too much, when actually they secretly enjoy it.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Can't stand Collymore, shouting everything doesn't make us think you're "passionate"- you're just a fucking wife beating oxygen thief. Only time I listen to that shit is when they have an Arsenal commentary and I have absolutely no other option. The only redeeming quality is that unlike Alan Green he's not on my licence fee's dime.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Agree with G88ner: if it annoys you so much why do you continue to listen? I got to a point about 3 or 4 years ago where I was regularly getting irate at what the morons on the radio (and this station in particular) were spouting, so made the decision never to listen to sports radio (other than the very occasional live commentary on the way up to/back from N5) and I can honestly say that as a whole my life has improved since.

Nobody believes that Adrian Durham believes half the shit that comes out of his gob. Nobody believes that anybody in their right mind (radio bosses included) perceives Darren Gough as a knowledgeable, reasonable football pundit. But putting idiots on there is the best way to get people to call in and spunk away their money.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

I listen as I am driving all day, will see who Keyes / Gray have as guest and listen if it interests me, if not I tune into Absolute Radio or wack on a cd untill Hawksbee and Jacobs time, who are genuinely funny and despite being a Spud and a Chelski fan are acytally worth listening to, as they are genuine fans, who go to matches and share the pain / joy that we all go through - its well worth a listen the day after a Chelsea defeat just to hear Andy Jacobs go into his rant :lol: :lol:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

goonertux wrote:Please feel free to post your feelings on Talkspite/Talkshite. I just hate what they do. Create a controversial subject, get idiots to phone in, put them on hold for ages to make a fortune, then cut them off just as they get interesting.
Surprising, amongst the many, many *word censored* you've named above, you've missed off Georgie Bingham, a clueless know nothing, ugly bitch with a face made for radio and a whiney, grating voice that's not.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

steady on on the ronnie abuse he may be thick as shit and a bellend, if u have ever met hm but hes a cricketing legend!

had the displeasure to be in taxi with talksport on on friday at around 6. not sure whose show it was, maybe durhams, but he was saying arsenal should never be allowed to have a home game on boxing day ever again because of the cancellation of the w-ham game

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

the playing mantis wrote:steady on on the ronnie abuse he may be thick as shit and a bellend, if u have ever met hm but hes a cricketing legend!

had the displeasure to be in taxi with talksport on on friday at around 6. not sure whose show it was, maybe durhams, but he was saying arsenal should never be allowed to have a home game on boxing day ever again because of the cancellation of the w-ham game

Is he blaming arsenal for the tube drivers going on strike :roll:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

pretty much, saying all other london games are on and arsenal took the decision without consulting west ham, etc etc.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If Arsenal could have postponed the game themselves they undoubtedly would have. But it's pretty obvious that it's a typically lengthy and inefficient consultation process between the FA and no clubs.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Arsenal relies far more on the Tube then any other London club due to the lack of parking and the number of spectators.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:If Arsenal could have postponed the game themselves they undoubtedly would have. But it's pretty obvious that it's a typically lengthy and inefficient consultation process between the FA and no clubs.
Fairly sure they have to consult the police, West Ham and FA before they just decide to postpone a game.

What with the exclusion zone for parking around the ground in force, where does Mr Durham (sic) imagine that some 30,000 cars are able to park within waking distance ?

oboe123

Post by oboe123 »

Adrian Durham is a tosser.He says things just to get a reaction and goes back on what he said all the time.Darren Gough knows nothing about football.In fact he supports three teams.Barnsley, MK Dons and Tottenham.Says it all really.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Feel free to keep on posting the ridiculous shite they spout all day. Darren Gough's suggestion that we should have operated a park and ride system on Boxing Day! Priceless! Where do you propose Goffy? Idiot!