The Gooner Chinwag (NSFW)

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: The Gooner Chinwag

Post by StuartL »

skizz_b wrote:well well well, yesterday was interesting, exactly one month after my Mum passed I got a very unexpected promotion at work. start monday she's definitely about somewhere. happy skizz :barscarf:

Nice one mate, hope all goes well for you in the new role. :barscarf:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Good news that skizz_b.
Amazing that one minute, they're almost hassling you back to work, and the next minute this happens.
Chuffed for you fella.
:barscarf:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

northbank123 wrote:
skizz_b wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Well done Skizz mate :barscarf:
cheers flash. chuffed, had been waiting for an opportunity for ages and without even applying they said i was the man for the job. good start to the weekend!

random question, but how much does everyone here know about Death in Service payments? :rubchin:
Depends what you're asking about them - entitlement/tax/whatever?
Basically yeah. I'm entitled to a payout from Mum's work but I'm under the impression that it's separate to the estate and is therefore exempt from tax.

Also I know the "how long is a piece of string" context comes into play here, but how long does it normally take from sending the forms off to payment? Obviously the death certificate is there which is the main thing but just interested as has been about 10 days with no response from her work yet.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Top Londoner wrote:Good news that skizz_b.
Amazing that one minute, they're almost hassling you back to work, and the next minute this happens.
Chuffed for you fella.
:barscarf:
cheers guys. weird how life twists and turns but can't turn your nose up at that!

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Well done skizz_b. Grab it, go with it and fuck the bugger son.
C'mon, you're worth it pal.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

car insurance is a pain in the arse, managed to get it down to about £670 but when the first quote you get is £2506 you start thinking a chopper is cheaper!!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

fucking hell Skizz what car do you drive?

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

was just shopping round for quotes really as i'm looking at getting a merc next month. i've only got 2 years no claims (and have only had my licence 2 years) hence the shocking prices :(

for fun i searched with no NCD and...well, it would clear my bank account on payday 2 months running :|

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

I'm moving out of London next week. You can have my Oyster card if that helps? :D

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Top Londoner wrote:I'm moving out of London next week. You can have my Oyster card if that helps? :D
at this rate it probably would!

£600 for the first year wouldn't be too much of a problem seeing as i'm 28, low no claims and a bit of a wanker :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

skizz_b wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:I'm moving out of London next week. You can have my Oyster card if that helps? :D

£600 for the first year wouldn't be too much of a problem seeing as i'm 28, low no claims and a bit of a wanker :lol:
They've started taking that into consideration have they? :shock: :oops:

:wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
skizz_b wrote:

That's you on the bus then. :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
skizz_b wrote:

:lol:

How will i explain to Mrs.Flash i now have a 4 hour bus journey to work every day? :? :-P

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
skizz_b wrote:

How will i explain to Mrs.Flash i now have a 4 hour bus journey to work every day? :? :-P

Best of luck with that, mate! :wink:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

flash gunner wrote:
skizz_b wrote:

of course. owning an overzealous car gives you a label :lol:

but in all seriousness mrs. skizz works in insurance and after the women got their wish of equality and more expensive insurance premiums ( :lol: ), they are increasingly look to target things like job titles to determine how much of a crap driver you're likely to be.

i was quoting earlier and the difference between project manager and IT manager in the same industry was £42!!!!