The Gooner Chinwag (NSFW)

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
arseofacrow

Re: The Gooner Chinwag

Post by arseofacrow »

How's skizz then...

:)

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

arseofacrow wrote:How's skizz then...

he's gettin blankety blanked :lol: :lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

DB10_TH14 wrote:

ouch !!!!

Hope the bloke is coping okay.
Tomorrow is the two week anniversary of his mum's burial.
I know that DB_TH feels the same too.
I got blankety blanked for several weeks after my dad passed. All of us would do the same imo.

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

to be fair touchwood hopefully he doing ok. touchwood i still got both me parents but with the job am doin i've had 6 people die last year ( carer) and their was times when i couldnt cope and its nice to know that their is at least 1 person out their for ya

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

DB10_TH14 wrote:to be fair touchwood hopefully he doing ok. touchwood i still got both me parents but with the job am doin i've had 6 people die last year ( carer) and their was times when i couldnt cope and its nice to know that their is at least 1 person out their for ya
Mate. Moving shortly, (when the *word censored* solicitor does the paperwork, useless *word censored*) to be a carer to me mum in Suffolk. I cared for me dad as he died of cancer. Now gonna look after me mum.
You only get one pair,,,,,,,,,,,,do the right thing and be there for them,,,,,cos, they were there for you.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

Top Londoner wrote:
DB10_TH14 wrote:to be fair touchwood hopefully he doing ok. touchwood i still got both me parents but with the job am doin i've had 6 people die last year ( carer) and their was times when i couldnt cope and its nice to know that their is at least 1 person out their for ya
Mate. Moving shortly, (when the *word censored* solicitor does the paperwork, useless *word censored*) to be a carer to me mum in Suffolk. I cared for me dad as he died of cancer. Now gonna look after me mum.
You only get one pair,,,,,,,,,,,,do the right thing and be there for them,,,,,cos, they were there for you.

got some huge respect for you their TL too many people i come across in the job where they have been palmed off by family who no longer care for them and cant be bothered :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Just call me Florence fucking Nightingale mate.
I'm pushing for compulsory euthanasia mate. :lol:

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

Top Londoner wrote:Just call me Florence fucking Nightingale mate.
I'm pushing for compulsory euthanasia mate. :lol:
so are most of the oldies when they see me walk through their front door in the morning :lol: :lol:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Top Londoner wrote:
DB10_TH14 wrote:

ouch !!!!

Hope the bloke is coping okay.
Tomorrow is the two week anniversary of his mum's burial.
I know that DB_TH feels the same too.
I got blankety blanked for several weeks after my dad passed. All of us would do the same imo.
shit, sorry lads and especially TL the one day i didn't check the forum everyone's asking after me. sods law ay :lol:

i'm doing alright, plodding along really. throwing myself back into work but doing alright guys. you're all good people, i will be mentioning you in the **** thread :barscarf:

yesterday was up at the hospital with the Mrs, was pretty weird being back at a hospital...it's really strange how everything takes new meaning after someone important in your life passes. i realised that for more than 3 years I sh*t myself every time the phone rang thinking it would be "the call" but while it's sad Mum's gone there is a strange relief there that you can get on with things. cancer becomes the focus of your life and it's not always a good thing, she's resting peacefully now and we try to rebuild.

started taking the opportunity to read books too, I realised I waste 2 hours a day listening to music commuting to work so that's 10 hours a week I'm now dedicating to bettering myself. got through derren brown's book last week and started on the Dalai Lama's book about Enlightenment, done about 100 pages so far not looking to become a Buddhist just better educate yourself about how things look to different people in the world.

"F**k it Therapy" is next, any other recommendations? I like self-help/psychology stuff, rather than "stories" haha :lol:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

DB10_TH14 wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:

got some huge respect for you their TL too many people i come across in the job where they have been palmed off by family who no longer care for them and cant be bothered :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
good on you TL, it's hard mate. while we all cared for my Mum (me, my only brother and her husband of 6 years) my brother lived in with her every day and when the end comes as you know there's a big gap in your life because you cared for them for so long. you're right in what you say though mate, my Dad is a complete and utter ****, haven't seen him for nearly 15 years which is why it was important for me to look after my Mum properly. she raised me single handedly (as when he was about he was a useless ****) and your parents give you the tools to do anything you want in this world.

i remember for years Mum felt bad about not working and more recently she hated being looked after, I had to say to her you've had 30 years of working 2,3,4 jobs to keep this family going so it's only right we look after you. she thought about it and said "alright i'll have a brew then" haha, they do appreciate it mate. family look after family.

hope all goes well bud

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

well well well, yesterday was interesting, exactly one month after my Mum passed I got a very unexpected promotion at work. start monday she's definitely about somewhere. happy skizz :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Well done Skizz mate :barscarf:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

flash gunner wrote:Well done Skizz mate :barscarf:
cheers flash. chuffed, had been waiting for an opportunity for ages and without even applying they said i was the man for the job. good start to the weekend!

random question, but how much does everyone here know about Death in Service payments? :rubchin:

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

congrats on the promotion skizz :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

skizz_b wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Well done Skizz mate :barscarf:
cheers flash. chuffed, had been waiting for an opportunity for ages and without even applying they said i was the man for the job. good start to the weekend!

random question, but how much does everyone here know about Death in Service payments? :rubchin:
Depends what you're asking about them - entitlement/tax/whatever?