Other sports

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
g88ner

Re: Other sports

Post by g88ner »

LDB wrote: Is what you said and now I may be a bit simple but that reads to me that you put a fair amount of emphasis on population sizes, non? But whatever, you've added all sorts of caveats since then so I'll drop it.
Non? :o - patronising mother fucker! :lol:

Firstly, the caveats were in place very early in the discussion. Once I realised my off the cuff comment about population had been picked up on, I tried to nip it in the bud and explain my views in more detail... you ignored this, so I explained again... which, of course, you ignored again. Much easier to fixate on the original comment and insert patronising, cheap throwaway comments aplenty. China - seriously? :? "Sport must be really boring if you just compare populations" - ffs :roll: Nothing like a good baited fish hook.

Anyway, after two attempts to explain myself resulted in being further patronised, I thought asking you not to be a prick was quite reasonable. :oops: :lol:

Anyway, putting that aside, you say you don't like being called a prick, but can I ask for an honest reply here... if someone you barely knew said the sentence you did above (which, by the way, is yet again focussing on my original point rather than my follow up posts :roll: ) "I may be simple...." and ended a rhetorical question with "non?", would you:

(a) think what a wonderful chap he is,
(b) oh my, this bi-lingual gentlemen speaks French as well... he ducks and dives between the two without pause. What a maverick! :barscarf: or
(c) why did he end a patronsing "I may be simple" post with a rhetorical french "non"?... what a prick.

You know the answer, so when you complain about being asked not to be a prick, perhaps you should consider whether your replies are befitting of one? - cause and effect. Capiche? ( :D )

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Outstanding use of the phrase Mother Fucker there mate. :barscarf:

Ah, little G88ner, all growed up. Almost brings a tear to my eye. :lol:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

g88ner wrote:
Anyway, putting that aside, you say you don't like being called a prick, but can I ask for an honest reply here... if someone you barely knew said the sentence you did above (which, by the way, is yet again focussing on my original point rather than my follow up posts :roll: ) "I may be simple...." and ended a rhetorical question with "non?", would you:

(a) think what a wonderful chap he is,
(b) oh my, this bi-lingual gentlemen speaks French as well... he ducks and dives between the two without pause. What a maverick! :barscarf: or
(c) why did he end a patronsing "I may be simple" post with a rhetorical french "non"?... what a prick.

You know the answer, so when you complain about being asked not to be a prick, perhaps you should consider whether your replies are befitting of one? - cause and effect. Capiche? ( :D )
I might think "maybe this lad is talking with someone who's first response to him was to call him a prick"?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I'd think. Mother fucker.

Spin it however you like, you were the first to resort to abuse so don't come along whining about me being mildly patronising.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Okay lads. I've let you have some time for a bit of tooing and froing but lets all calm down now and knock this particular argument on the head please. 8)

I must say I'm rather surprised that two thoughtful contributors as yourselves have even got involved in a meaningless spat like this. :? :? But I must warn you that if you guys persist in keeping this going I will have no choice but to send you both up to your rooms to bed with no supper and absolutely no computer and tv for a week thereafter!! :evil: :evil: :wink: :lol: :wink:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

A lot of people might think the use of the term mother fucker really brings the debate into the gutter.

But, from where I sit, this shit just got real.

I like to think in years to come, when I'm in the great big forum in the sky, sons o bitches will be mother fuckering through the day just to get a point across.

Top bombing chaps. 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Number 5 wrote:A lot of people might think the use of the term mother fucker really brings the debate into the gutter.
I like the term mother fucker - it's a forum-style doff your hat to Number 5 8) :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The only word better than "motherfucker" (or "muddafugga" as me and the homies say it) is cúnt. 8)

BTW - love reading an argument about an argument! :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:The only word better than "motherfucker" (or "muddafugga" as me and the homies say it) is cúnt. 8)

Me too :barscarf: :wink:

in other news...

Mark Cavendish sprayed with urine during Tour de France time trial

"It's disappointing that one individual should ruin it for Mark. He's one of the great personalities of the sport – some people love him, some hate him – but to do something disrespectful like that is sad. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth." :lol: :? :lol: :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

re. the whole lions debate and lack of glory in winning due to population comparisons, i can see that viewpoint maybe, but its kinda missing the point, its like in the 2nd world war, there was a cartoon in punch or some such publication, after the fall of france and before the yanks had joined in, so was about the famous moniker, 'Britain stands alone'

It was 2 soldiers one saying, so we stand alone, the other saying aye, all 500 (or a similar figure i forget) million of us (alluding to us and our empire)

re. hangers on and jcls at major sporting events, it is annoying but possibly excusable per the reasosn someone mentioned. however all the a holes during the world cup eally gets on my tits, people who dont know the rules of the national game pretending to have an interest and trying to have a discussion about it...aaaaghhh.

re the rugby maybe southern hemisphere vs northern would be a better idea than the lions, or a combined toring anzac team coming to the uk and playuing thr lions.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:re. the whole lions debate and lack of glory in winning due to population comparisons, i can see that viewpoint maybe, but its kinda missing the point, its like in the 2nd world war, there was a cartoon in punch or some such publication, after the fall of france and before the yanks had joined in, so was about the famous moniker, 'Britain stands alone'

It was 2 soldiers one saying, so we stand alone, the other saying aye, all 500 (or a similar figure i forget) million of us (alluding to us and our empire)

re. hangers on and jcls at major sporting events, it is annoying but possibly excusable per the reasosn someone mentioned. however all the a holes during the world cup eally gets on my tits, people who dont know the rules of the national game pretending to have an interest and trying to have a discussion about it...aaaaghhh.

re the rugby maybe southern hemisphere vs northern would be a better idea than the lions, or a combined toring anzac team coming to the uk and absolutely slaughtering the lions.
Fixed that last line for ya! :D :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:The only word better than "motherfucker" (or "muddafugga" as me and the homies say it) is cúnt. 8)

Me too :barscarf: :wink:

in other news...

Mark Cavendish sprayed with urine during Tour de France time trial

"It's disappointing that one individual should ruin it for Mark. He's one of the great personalities of the sport – some people love him, some hate him – but to do something disrespectful like that is sad. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth." :lol: :? :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also somebody throwing piss on Cavendish is hilarious. I personally think he is a dislikeable, arrogant prick but throwing it over any of the riders would make me chuckle. Disrespectful, disgusting, scummy etc - but still funny in my book.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

I see this Women's Football lark is going swimmingly for the BBC- England currently 1-0 down to Russia having lost their opening game 3-2

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

LDB wrote:I see this Women's Football lark is going swimmingly for the BBC- England currently 1-0 down to Russia having lost their opening game 3-2
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's shown that throwing a bit of money at the game and trying to make it more commercially successful has made no real difference to the standard in this country.

Also like how women's football is categorised as other sports and isn't considered in the same bracket as real football :barscarf:

Big Sac

Post by Big Sac »