Other sports

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
northbank123

Other sports

Post by northbank123 »

Struck me as surprising how little (if any) discussion there is about other sports - I'm sure people must watch some!

Very good weekend for British sport anyway. Great achievement by Rose winning the US Open, despite being in an easy group the cricket team have done well to reach the last 4 of the Champions Trophy, Murray completed his routine win at Queen's and the Lions put in a very strong performance against the Waratahs - can't wait for the first Test Saturday.

Top Londoner

Re: Other sports

Post by Top Londoner »

BASEMENT.

Oh, hang on.

Watersports. Yes, I would like to suggest watersports.

Here in AUSTRALIA we have an abundance of opportunities to enjoy splashing around in the water.
The local pool is 120 yards away, the river for kayaking is 2k away and the beach for spotting talent is 4k away.

:wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

TL you finally landed in Ramsey street didn't realise uk was still sending convicts out to oz :lol:

Don't follow a lot of sports with the exception of the rugby great game looking forward to the lions against the convicts on sat

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yep should be a cracker McD - would be even more so if both sides weren't absolutely decimated by injury.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

A lot of guys called up for the lions cos of injury they reckon George north has agreat chance of playing sat ,jamie roberts and tommy Bowe definetely out ,havent paid much attention to the Aussies tbh so don't know their injured players

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Realistically forwards probably won't change from Saturday, and Phillips Sexton and Halfpenny are all bankers along with Cuthbert (due to injuries). If North doesn't make it looks like Zebo will walk straight into the Test side!

O'Driscoll obviously start if fit, interesting to see if Tuilagi or Davies get the nod at 12 (if Tuilagi is fit) - Davies has been one of the form players but obviously Tuilagi is more of a like-for-like.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Cricket and Tennis are the two other sports that I follow. I watch a little bit of golf from time to time but only enough to know that Justin Rose is a spud *word censored* and Ian Poulter a Gooner hero :barscarf:

Don't get Rugby at all, to me it's just blokes having a nice bundle until the referee gives a "penalty" for reasons that are never explained

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

When Northbankbren used to post here, we would do a few Boxing threads but very few people seem interested anymore so I do not bother.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Can't say I've ever been able to get into boxing myself. The odd fight I've looked forward to and enjoyed watching but for me the fights are too sporadic and too often disappointing to follow boxing in general. Although Froch-Kessler recently was a great fight.

Pretty dire from the Lions this morning - Rory Best was a complete embarrassment and when you've got such a weak, unfamiliar and unprepared backs line the last thing you need is not being able to retain the ball at set pieces.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh we've had a good few of these threads over the years. Same old hate/love stuff crops up! :lol:

For what it's worth, I absolutely fucking despise Rugby Union - legalised public fondling for fat posh twats that have been in the closet all their lives. To quote Noel Gallagher it's "a nonsense of a game". :roll: :x

Fucking hate cycling too - some badly dressed tossers having a bit of a cycle about - it's not a sport, it's a hobby, a pastime ffs. :banghead: :roll:

And American Throwball? Boring as fuck. 4 hours to play 60 minutes of stop start stop start - and populated by genetic mutants that are so "tough" they have to wear all over body armour. :roll: :yawn:

Tennis used to be fun back in the 70's with McEnroe but now it may as well be played by robots. :roll: :yawn:

Love football first and foremost but also like Aussie Rules and Hurling - but can't stand GAA "football". Also like the golf. Most other sports are boring as fuck.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Football for me, but must admit to not having the same passion I used to, and I don't just mean the Arsenal, I just don't love it like I used to.
I can happily watch a bit of cricket, as long as England are losing :wink:
Used to love watching horse racing, but haven't had a bet in donkey's years :wink: so have no interest now.
The olympics did revive my general love of sport for a while, especially the swimming probably because my littlun enjoyed it and it's his sport of choice.
Hate gaa catchyball, american football, baseball, rugger, golf(not a sport).

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I must admit I quite enjoyed that horse dancing contest in the olympics :oops:

Although, I'll admit that was partly because it was kind of hot watching a sexy posh bird writhing around on the back of a stallion :oops: :lol:

And as you know, I like tennis too :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

g88ner wrote:I must admit I quite enjoyed that horse dancing contest in the olympics :oops:
Just for you G88ner, a combined horse and sewing machine.
An object which would appear to meet your requirements for the perfect gift to your new girlfriend?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

QuartzGooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:I must admit I quite enjoyed that horse dancing contest in the olympics :oops:
Just for you G88ner, a combined horse and sewing machine.
An object which would appear to meet your requirements for the perfect gift to your new girlfriend?

Thanks Quartz! :barscarf: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Any kind of motor racing i cant stand ffs driving around in circles fast wtf is the point