Yesterdays Matchday Programme

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Rugby Gooner

Yesterdays Matchday Programme

Post by Rugby Gooner »

At the game yesterday I bought a couple of programmes. Reading one at half time,I noticed that down the "spine" it says, "Nylon Herb Dotted Horn", maybe I missed a meeting, but what the fuck is that about?!!!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Yesterdays Matchday Programme

Post by StuartL »

Rugby Gooner wrote:At the game yesterday I bought a couple of programmes. Reading one at half time,I noticed that down the "spine" it says, "Nylon Herb Dotted Horn", maybe I missed a meeting, but what the fuck is that about?!!!
The new club motto to replace " forward" as Wenker just can't get the hang of that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:At the game yesterday I bought a couple of programmes. Reading one at half time,I noticed that down the "spine" it says, "Nylon Herb Dotted Horn", maybe I missed a meeting, but what the fuck is that about?!!!
Just where were you on Saturday...? :shock:

What type of game were you at exactly...? :rubchin:

Was it a sexy game? Was a little fella called SPUDMASHER involved? :shock:

:wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Went to the Burnley game, this time, down the programmes spine it says "A MERCY NUT TEN ELM COBBLE LET."
Obviously they are anagrams. Has anyone worked any of them out?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Obviously they are anagrams. Has anyone worked any of them out?
nope. they are not players names or staff. they also do not contain the, of, and, with or the letters I, P, K, G, W, H, F, D, X or S.

i thought could be a simple cypher based around the letter E, ie E=1. but its not.

Gilles Grimandi

Post by Gilles Grimandi »

I saw these too and couldn't let it pass without working them out. So here you go -

Nylon Herb Dotted Horn - The North London Derby
A MERCY NUT TEN ELM COBBLE LET - Burnley, let Battle Commence.

Sad, I know but better than watching the game. It's all a plan by the board to distract the paying punter from the dross on offer.

GG

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Gilles Grimandi wrote:I saw these too and couldn't let it pass without working them out. So here you go -

Nylon Herb Dotted Horn - The North London Derby
A MERCY NUT TEN ELM COBBLE LET - Burnley, let Battle Commence.

Sad, I know but better than watching the game. It's all a plan by the board to distract the paying punter from the dross on offer.

GG
Good Skills Gilles!!! :barscarf: