Question for the IRISH members

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: Question for the IRISH members

Post by DB10GOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:Been recommended to watch an RTE series called Love/Hate, about Irish gangsters.

Is it worth watching?

If so, is it realistic?
The drug problem in Dublin and the violence associated with it are pretty realistic but I should add the acting in the show is abysmal. Think soap opera actor meets melodrama. :oops: :lol: :wink:

For my culchie comrades, what is difficult to understand about;

"Story buzz, wha. Bleedin poxbottle'd stabya rapid ya fookin geebag" :rubchin:

Translation for our Ingerlish comrades; "Why, hello old chap. That ruffian will stab you quite hard you chav thug." :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:Been recommended to watch an RTE series called Love/Hate, about Irish gangsters.

Is it worth watching?

If so, is it realistic?
The drug problem in Dublin and the violence associated with it are pretty realistic but I should add the acting in the show is abysmal. Think soap opera actor meets melodrama. :oops: :lol: :wink:

For my culchie comrades, what is difficult to understand about;

"Story buzz, wha. Bleedin poxbottle'd stabya rapid ya fookin geebag" :rubchin:

Translation for our Ingerlish comrades; "Why, hello old chap. That ruffian will stab you quite hard you chav thug." :wink:
Some of the acting is poor, mostly because it is impossible to "do" a Dublin accent. Either you have it or you haven't. Forcing it as some of them do makes it very wooden. The character Elmo is an exception, his accent is natural inner city Dublin.

ManagerXI

Post by ManagerXI »

It is definitely worth a watch but you have to watch it from the first season to get a feel for the characters.

Remember that this series is designed to be as close to the real thing as possible so forget about the Hollywood drug shows, there are never as many explosions and black belt karate masters in reality.

It is so popular in Ireland that half the country sits down to watch it on a Sunday night while the other half watch it on the RTE website.

Enjoy, next week is the last episode in season 5 and how the show ends is keeping everyone in suspense. There will be one more season next year. 6 episodes per season bar the first.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Thanks, going to watch it.
I can cope with a bit of wooden acting, used to watch Eastenders in the 80's!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

ManagerXI wrote:It is definitely worth a watch but you have to watch it from the first season to get a feel for the characters.

Remember that this series is designed to be as close to the real thing as possible so forget about the Hollywood drug shows, there are never as many explosions and black belt karate masters in reality.

It is so popular in Ireland that half the country sits down to watch it on a Sunday night while the other half watch it on the RTE website.

Enjoy, next week is the last episode in season 5 and how the show ends is keeping everyone in suspense. There will be one more season next year. 6 episodes per season bar the first.
Which character do you play on it? And will you be back doing adverts and voice-overs once the show finishes? :rubchin:

:-P :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I watched the first series and I didn't go back for the others.

I hated all of the characters and had a nuclear explosion wiped them all out I wouldn't have had a problem. Even the kids seemed a bit cunty :lol:

And it seemed to have been shot by someone on their smartphone. :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:I watched the first series and I didn't go back for the others.

I hated all of the characters and had a nuclear explosion wiped them all out I wouldn't have had a problem. Even the kids seemed a bit cunty :lol:

I think you'll find though that scum in general are pretty hateable. :lol: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:I watched the first series and I didn't go back for the others.

I think you'll find though that scum in general are pretty hateable. :lol: :wink:
:wink:

You should be able to find some people - the families, the children, passers-by :D to like but there was no-one.

I'm ashamed of all of you.

:lol:

P.S. Shithole :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:wink:

You should be able to find some people - the families, the children, passers-by :D to like but there was no-one.

I'm ashamed of all of you.

:lol:

P.S. Shithole :D
Racist bastard. :x

:D :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

If this show was truly realistic the criminals in it would make their daily living from laying 1/2" thick tarmac driveways. Do they?

Light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance