Present View

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Gunner Rob

Present View

Post by Gunner Rob »

since there is no decent football this afternoon I will be watching the racing at Cheltenham.

interestingly one of the favourites in the main race, the Gold Cup is being ridden by an Arsenal fan, Brendan Powell. the horse, Present View is also owned by our chairman , Sir Chips Keswick. Apparently he will be there today so anyone there today please hurl some abuse at him :D

anyway if you back this horse each way you will be glad to know that for this race they pay out on 4th place :wink:

Bradywasking

Re: Present View

Post by Bradywasking »

Gunner Rob wrote:since there is no decent football this afternoon I will be watching the racing at Cheltenham.

interestingly one of the favourites in the main race, the Gold Cup is being ridden by an Arsenal fan, Brendan Powell. the horse, Present View is also owned by our chairman , Sir Chips Keswick. Apparently he will be there today so anyone there today please hurl some abuse at him :D

anyway if you back this horse each way you will be glad to know that for this race they pay out on 4th place :wink:
HORSES DO NOT HAVE HANDBRAKES !!!!..He may be a leeetle jaded after running during the week. Hope it's a Shetland Pony..then it would be a leeetle short.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

,I got a tip from a guy last week about another horse called Open eagle,got him at 12/1 €5 each way ,he pissed it home i won €85 at Doncaster last sat.Same guy tipped Buywise so went €5 ew @ 7/1.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gunner Rob wrote:since there is no decent football this afternoon I will be watching the racing at Cheltenham.

Paddy power here in Ireland paying 5 places .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

finished 3rd :lol: :lol:

sounds familiar

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gunner Rob wrote:finished 3rd :lol: :lol:

sounds familiar

I won 3.70 on my horse he came 5th. :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I wonder if Brendan Powell thinks Wenger's a *word censored* and wants him to fuck off as well?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

The word is that Sir Chips was one that demanded more signings, he's more in touch than people have suggested.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

QuartzGooner wrote:The word is that Sir Chips was one that demanded more signings, he's more in touch than people have suggested.
Sadly he has no power though. If he demanded more signings then he was clearly ignored. :(

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Ozil is rumoured to have been down to him and Lord Harris, or more precisely the need to bring in a marquee name.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

QuartzGooner wrote:Ozil is rumoured to have been down to him and Lord Harris, or more precisely the need to bring in a marquee name.

and that worked out so well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:Ozil is rumoured to have been down to him and Lord Harris, or more precisely the need to bring in a marquee name.

and that worked out so well.
I shouldn't, but - :lol: :lol: as I really want Ozil to succeed.

This is a general observation, not aimed at you playing mantis; It's good to see that even in the Basement, a horse racing thread can go anti-Wenger within the first page! :barscarf: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I guess it's a case of horses for courses. :D :oops:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:I guess it's a case of horses for courses. :D :oops:
The thread has jumped from one thing to another instead of staying on the mane topic.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:It's good to see that even in the Basement, a horse racing thread can go anti-Wenger within the first page! :barscarf: :lol:
It's quite fitting really. Like poor Boxer, a certain Mr Wenger is ready for the knackers yard :lol: