Religion

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Religion

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

SPUDMASHER wrote:RIP for another 12 Parisian victims of the radical lunatics purporting to represent Islam.

Scumbags *word censored* should be wiped off the face of this earth before they kill anyone else. :twisted:
This. I knew Germany and France had muslim immigration issues, but I just read about how bad it actually is in France. Honestly, unless my country, the UK, Germany, France etc. come together and DO something about it, there's no stopping Europe from slowly being turned Islamic from the inside out.

It is inevitable that either Islam takes up strong roots in Europe or that there is a great war coming. One of the 2 are going to happen in my lifetime.

SPUDMASHER

Re: RIP Thread

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I fear that we are rapidly approach a situation where innocent Muslims will not be safe on the streets because of the actions of the few. Again the condemnation of these barbaric murders from the moderate Muslim community is deafening in its silence! If they don't start to speak out en masse shouting "not in my name, this is not Islam" then I fear for their safety. People will naturally tar them all with the same brush as the radicals do the non-Muslim.
The western world has had enough of this bloodshed from these cowards. A fight back is inevitable at some point and I cannot see how anyone wins if that happens. It will be a very sad day but one I fear we will all be witness to soon!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I fear that we are rapidly approach a situation where innocent Muslims will not be safe on the streets because of the actions of the few. Again the condemnation of these barbaric murders from the moderate Muslim community is deafening in its silence! If they don't start to speak out en masse shouting "not in my name, this is not Islam" then I fear for their safety. People will naturally tar them all with the same brush as the radicals do the non-Muslim.
The western world has had enough of this bloodshed from these cowards. A fight back is inevitable at some point and I cannot see how anyone wins if that happens. It will be a very sad day but one I fear we will all be witness to soon!
The problem is this IS islam... With events over the last few years i decided to read up on Islam and educate myself in the hope i understand it, i have to say the more i read the less i like it. Its a religion started by a warlord to gain control over his people and the Hadith (sp) (the story of his life) have some of the most cruel and wicked accounts of he's actions. Like murdering peaceful male jews, ever single one!!!! and enslaving the females why? because didnt back him up in one of his many wars

No religion is whiter than white and if anything they should be but Islam is so filled with hatred its incredible this is why you will never hear 'moderate' muslims speaking out.

BTW this has nothing to do with Israel and Palestine so lets not make it a discusssion about that

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

flash gunner wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:I fear that we are rapidly approach a situation where innocent Muslims will not be safe on the streets because of the actions of the few. Again the condemnation of these barbaric murders from the moderate Muslim community is deafening in its silence! If they don't start to speak out en masse shouting "not in my name, this is not Islam" then I fear for their safety. People will naturally tar them all with the same brush as the radicals do the non-Muslim.
The problem is this IS islam... With events over the last few years i decided to read up on Islam and educate myself in the hope i understand it, i have to say the more i read the less i like it. Its a religion started by a warlord to gain control over his people and the Hadith (sp) (the story of his life) have some of the most cruel and wicked accounts of he's actions. Like murdering peaceful male jews, ever single one!!!! and enslaving the females why? because didnt back him up in one of his many wars

No religion is whiter than white and if anything they should be but Islam is so filled with hatred its incredible this is why you will never hear 'moderate' muslims speaking out.

BTW this has nothing to do with Israel and Palestine so lets not make it a discusssion about that
For all the fairy tales and rituals etc religion is man-made. At the end of a day religions are created by people and organised/run by people, just like a book club or a company or whatever the fuck else. Some religions may purport to be inherently peaceful, compassionate or whatever but A RELIGION IS ONLY WHAT ITS FOLLOWERS PERCEIVE IT TO BE. A "religion" is a group of ideas not a living being - it can't kill people. It's how a religious movement acts that determines whether it is peaceful or harmful, not ancient parables or bollocks like that.

Therefore it doesn't wash with me when I hear that "Islam is a peaceful religion" and these people are not true Muslims. The fact is that a small proportion but a massive number of Muslims interpret Islam as signifying barbaric ideologies and acts. It's capable of being interpreted in that way, obviously. It's no use saying "well I don't agree with that view on Islam so it's nothing to do with me or my religion", it's just not acceptable to bury heads in the sand when the religious movement is persuading people to act like this.

The lack of condemnation from the Muslim community annoys me, just the token gestures really. What really pisses me off is the lack of helpful action. There are obviously thousands and thousands of Muslims who consider themselves moderate who are fully aware of radicalisation on a smaller scale and just turn a blind eye to it.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Religion is the root of all evil. :evil:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Evil exists.
It is a force of nature.

Religion can be twisted to propagate it, but I disagree that religion is the root of evil.

For some of us these biblical stories are anything but fairy tales, they were real events that have consequences thousands of years later, that can be used to learn from, hopefully towards good conduct.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Chippy wrote:Religion is the root of all evil. :evil:
Christianity teaches love your enemy

Islam teaches kill your enemy

Dont get me wrong there have been some appalling acts committed in the name of christianity but there is only one inherently cruel religion. This is nothing to do with race please read up on it, these suicide bombers and beheaders are getting there thoughts from somewhere

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

flash gunner wrote:

Dont get me wrong there have been some appalling acts committed in the name of christianity but there is only one inherently cruel religion. This is nothing to do with race please read up on it, these suicide bombers and beheaders are getting there thoughts from somewhere
Agreed Flash, that's certainly the approach we take here in Norn Iron, we hate each other but deep down we love each other really. :barscarf: :wink: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Agreed Flash, that's certainly the approach we take here in Norn Iron, we hate each other but deep down we love each other really. :barscarf: :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I agree Sid as I said that's what it teaches but people turn it into what they want but when the message starts with hatred you really are fucked

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

flash gunner wrote:

Have you read the Old Testament?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Chippy wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

I'm referring to the new testament and the life and teachings of Jesus ie Christianity

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Chippy wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Ah yeah but that bit was written by Quartz and his Jewish mates! :lol: :wink: :wink:

Too soon? :rubchin:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

flash gunner wrote:
Chippy wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

I'm referring to the new testament and the life and teachings of Jesus ie Christianity
Ah, good. That means we can ignore the 10 commandments. Always thought they were over-rated. :twisted:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

We Jews have 613 commandments to live by.

Non-Jews have seven, the laws of Noah.

Do Not Deny G-d
Do Not Blaspheme G-d
Do Not Murder
Do Not Engage in Incestuous, Adulterous, Bestial or Homosexual Relationships.
Do Not Steal
Do Not Eat of a Live Animal
Establish Functioning Courts of Law

If one has to sum up Judaism it was summed up over two thousand years ago by an important historical teacher of ours named Hillel who said "Do unto others as you want them to do unto you, the rest is commentary."

What commentary?
I could write an essay on all this but I do not want to here, am not trying to convert anyone etc.
But to keep it brief, The Old Testament (as non-Jews call it) has numerous wars, stories of sexual depravity, murders and even a rape.
It would make a heck of a soap opera.
But it cannot be 100% understood without serious lengthy study, using ancient Hebrew and Aramaic.
One needs to take into account the numerical values of the letters and word combinations, the repetition of certain words, the frequency of letter combinations, the etymology of words and even the very design of the letters themselves, otherwise one is merely scratching the surface.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

QuartzGooner wrote:We Jews have 613 commandments to live by.

Non-Jews have seven, the laws of Noah.

Do Not Deny G-d
Do Not Blaspheme G-d
Do Not Murder
Do Not Engage in Incestuous, Adulterous or Homosexual Relationships.
Do Not Steal
Do Not Eat of a Live Animal
Establish Functioning Courts of Law
Brilliant. I'm off to burn down a few houses of people I don't like. Great that all the laws I need were written down by somebloke in a middle-eastern desert 2500 years ago. Oh sorry, I got that wrong apparently they were given to Adam in the garden of Eden. :shock: