CUBA

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
RoscommonGooner

CUBA

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Anyone been there? If so, any recommendations? I'm spending 3 nights in Havana and 7 in Varadero. I'm booked in to pretty decent hotels but would like to get a look at the "real" Cuba. Any help on things to do etc. would be great :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: CUBA

Post by officepest »

RoscommonGooner wrote:Anyone been there? If so, any recommendations? I'm spending 3 nights in Havana and 7 in Varadero. I'm booked in to pretty decent hotels but would like to get a look at the "real" Cuba. Any help on things to do etc. would be great :barscarf:
Walk around dressed as Uncle Sam with a 'Cuba sucks!' t-shirt on. Odds are you'll get to have a look at a "real" Cuban jail.

:wink:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

officepest wrote:
RoscommonGooner wrote:Anyone been there? If so, any recommendations? I'm spending 3 nights in Havana and 7 in Varadero. I'm booked in to pretty decent hotels but would like to get a look at the "real" Cuba. Any help on things to do etc. would be great :barscarf:
Walk around dressed as Uncle Sam with a 'Cuba sucks!' t-shirt on. Odds are you'll get to have a look at a "real" Cuban jail.

maybe a year ago. today, i dont think so.

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

I have been to Havana, don't change any money into Cuban money because you will find it hard to spend, there are not many shops and its kinda bleak in Havana, I just found it very oppressive and couldn't wait to get back to Jamaica (we were staying there on hols.)

augie

Post by augie »

Nuggets wrote:
I have been to Havana, don't change any money into Cuban money because you will find it hard to spend, there are not many shops and its kinda bleak in Havana, I just found it very oppressive and couldn't wait to get back to Jamaica (we were staying there on hols.)

Went to Jamaica on hols about 20 years ago and I swore that I will never go back - I found it to be a real shithole

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

augie wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Went to Jamaica on hols about 20 years ago and I swore that I will never go back - I found it to be a real shithole
I exspect it all depends where you go, I went to Runaway Bay and it was brilliant. :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Imagine how bad Havana is then!!!! :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
augie wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Imagine how bad Havana is then!!!! :wink:

We stayed in Negril for the duration of our holiday - bars closed at 10pm and only 2 nightclubs in the area and one of them was filled with prossies, and the other that was filled with junkies :roll: Food was fcuking awful - I nearly starved to death and the nicest meal I had there was cucumber soup

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Why the fuck did I think it was a good idea to ask for advice on this forum :roll:

:lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Have you tried plugging it out and then back in again

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

RoscommonGooner wrote:Why the fuck did I think it was a good idea to ask for advice on this forum :roll:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Never been in Cuba but I've been in those that have. :D

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

mcdowell42 wrote:Have you tried plugging it out and then back in again
are we back onto the TV Toshiba thread again McD :shock: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Can't get into Toshiba thread ,one of the mods fucked it up lol

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:Can't get into Toshiba thread ,one of the mods fucked it up lol
I'll give you a clue which one;

R-B-L :roll: